International Journal of Product Development
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJPD is a refereed international journal providing an authoritative source of information in the field of product development and innovation. It is devoted to the development, promotion and coordination of the science and practice of this field.
Topics covered include
- Product strategy, strategic planning, innovative concepts
- Customer preferences, customer/regulatory requirements/implementation
- Internet technology/web-based methods for marketing research
- Interrelationships across organisations
- Information management/standards, ICTs, information flows
- Virtual/collaborative PD; management of dispersed processes/teams
- Product life/value cycle management, total life-cycle technology
- [Component] knowledge management/exchange, electronic catalogues
- Product modelling, process/production planning, design optimisation, design for 'X'
- System level, sustainable PD, quality, reliability, durability
- Platforms, architectures, product families/configuration/modularisation
- Metrics/standards for evaluating firms' capabilities/performance
- Product/process/project data exchange standards; integration methodologies
- Emerging tools/applications in system engineering, education, training
- Virtual prototyping/testing (simulation); fast/lean validation
IJPD aims to establish channels of communication between experts in academic and research institutions, practitioners and professionals working in industry and related business, and policy makers.
Engineers and academics working in university research and design departments and institutes, managers, designers, technologists, research and development engineers working in industry.
IJPD publishes original research and development papers, review papers, case studies, conference reports, relevant reports and news, book reviews and briefs, educational approaches. Suggestions for Special Issues devoted to important topics in product development and related topics are welcome.
IJPD is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Ergonomics Abstracts - Ergo-Abs
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pirabase (Smithers Pira)
- ProQuest ABI/Inform Collection
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJPD is listed in:
- AERES [French research evaluation agency] journal lists
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Bouras, Abdelaziz, Qatar University, Qatar
- Haapasalo, Harri Jouni Olavi, University of Oulu, Finland
Regional Editor USA
- Rachuri, Sudarsan, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
- Ishihama, Masao, Kanagawa University, Japan
Editorial Board Members
- Aoussat, Améziane, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Arts et Métiers, France
- Backhouse, Chris, Loughborough University, UK
- Bernard, Alain, Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France
- David, Bertrand, Ecole Centrale de Lyon, France
- Deneux, Dominique, LAMIH - University of Valenciennes, France
- Durán Heras, Alfonso, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Eppinger, Steven D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Eynard, Benoît, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France
- Gierl, Heribert, Universitaet Augsburg, Germany
- Gurumoorthy, Balan, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Helm, Roland, University of Regensburg, Germany
- Herstatt, Cornelius, Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg (TUHH), Germany
- Hesselbach, Jens, Institut für Produktionstechnik und Logistik, Germany
- Katzy, Bernhard, CeTIM - Center for Technology and Innovation Management gGmbH, Germany
- Lu, Stephen C.-Y., University of Southern California, USA
- Luczak, Holger, Aachen University of Technology, Germany
- Magee, Christopher, Mechanical Engineering Department, USA
- Marr, Rainer, Universität der Bundeswehr München, Germany
- Midler, Christophe, Ecole Polytechnique, France
- Muffatto, Moreno, Universita di Padova, Italy
- Ohtaka, Akihiko, Nihon Unisys Ltd, Japan
- Papalambros, Panos Y., University of Michigan, USA
- Pawar, Kulwant S., University of Nottingham, UK
- Restrepo, John, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Roberts, Edward B., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Roy, Utpal, Syracuse University, USA
- Söderberg, Rikard, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Söderlund, Jonas, Linköping University, Sweden
- Sapidis, Nickolas S., University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Savino, Matteo Mario, Sannium University, Italy
- Shunk, Dan, Arizona State University, USA
- Trappey, Amy J.C., National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Wilemon, David, Syracuse University, USA
- Wood, Kristin, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Zeng, Yong, Concordia University, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.