International Journal of Environment, Workplace and Employment
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Daphne Halkias
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.7 (2022)
IJEWE provides a refereed international forum for discussion and analysis of how empowering leaders and empowered employees participate in long-term value creation and cross-functional collaboration to shape the future of sustainability and social innovation.
Topics covered include
- Systems by which entrepreneurial leaders and employees collaborate to shape a more economically and socially just global labour market
- Business leaders, policymakers and investors developing environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategies as an essential business priority
- Operationalising ESG strategies as tangible and meaningful goals for employees
- Reskilling and upskilling employees for the job demands of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Leaders and employees collaborating to create long-term value for businesses and the environment in marketing, finance, tourism, fashion, STEM, healthcare and education
- Cross-functional collaboration in the workplace on change initiatives in organisations through digital transformation, design-thinking disruptive innovation, diffusion of innovations, and diffusion of artificial intelligence in the workplace
- Developing metaverse sustainably into industry sectors, including marketing, fashion, tourism, healthcare and education
- Building workforce ecosystems to promote public-private partnership
- Employee participation in developing climate technologies to meet net-zero targets
- Research, theoretical and policy agendas for an equitable and inclusive future of work across developed and developing economies
The objective of IJEWE is to establish channels of communication and to disseminate knowledge between managers and academics working in universities, government departments, research institutions, as well as industry and related organisations.
Academics, researchers, professionals and policy makers.
IJEWE publishes original papers, review papers, case studies and book reviews. Empirical, methodological and theoretical papers are welcome. Commentaries on papers and reports published in IJEWE are encouraged. Authors will have the opportunity to respond to the commentary on their work before the entire treatment is published. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Environment, Workplace, and Employment will be published occasionally.
IJEWE is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Google Scholar
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJEWE is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Halkias, Daphne, École des Ponts ParisTech, France
- Diaz, Jordi, EADA Business School, Spain
- Harkiolakis, Tatiana, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
- Alserhan, Baker Ahmad Abdullah, Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT), Jordan
- Harkiolakis, Nicholas, New England College, USA
- Thurman, Paul W., Columbia University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Adendorff, Christian, Powerhouse Strategies, South Africa
- Hollis, Leah, Boston University, USA
- Jakpa-Johns, Evans, Walden University, UK
- Jones-Esan, Larry, York St John University, UK
- Komodromos, Marcos, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Margaritis, Vasileios, Swiss School of Management, Greece
- Mearman, Andrew, University of the West of England, UK
- Mezgobo, Tewelde, Mekelle University, Ethiopia
- Mystakidis, Stylianos, University of Patras and Hellenic Open University, Greece
- Neubert, Michael, European Institute of Management, Malta
- Pezzuto, Ivo, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart and University of Bergamo, Italy
- Ramadani, Veland, South-East European University, North Macedonia
- Sanders Muhammad, Ray, Georgia State University, USA
- Santora, Joseph C., Ecole de Ponts Business School, France
- Vlachopoulos, Dimitrios, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Xiong, Lisa, EMLyon Business School, France
- Zeqiri, Jusuf, South East European University, North Macedonia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Prof. Daphne Halkias appointed as new Editor in Chief of International Journal of Environment, Workplace and Employment
15 March, 2023
Prof. Daphne Halkias from École des Ponts ParisTech in France has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Environment, Workplace and Employment.