- Review and assessment of policies
- Strategy for policy making
- Environment and sustainable development
- Ecology and sustainability
- Social aspects of sustainability
- Economic dimensions of sustainability
- Political dimensions of sustainability
- Economic, social and natural resources issues
- Control, regulations and policy
- Future visions and scenarios
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJSD are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy-makers, government agencies, academics and research institutions, and professionals working in the field, and to provide a forum for them to disseminate information and to learn from each other|s work. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global economy.
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.Contents
IJSD publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
More on permissions
IJSD is indexed in:
IJSD is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Faucheux, Universite de Versailles - St Quentin en Yvelines, France
- de Rozario, Pascale, Conservatoire National des Arts et Mtiers (CNAM), France
- Gheorghe, Adrian V., Old Dominion University, USA
- O'Connor, Martin, L'Association ePLANETe Blue, France
- Guimares Pereira, ngela, European Commission - Joint Research Centre, Italy
- Merino Saum, Albert, UVSQ - Universit de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, France
Editorial Board Members
- Abdessalem, Tahar, Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie, Tunisia
- Bürgenmeier, Beat, Universit de Genve, Switzerland
- Baranzini, Andrea, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Switzerland
- Bell, David, York University, Canada
- Diaw, Amadou Tahirou, Universit Cheikh Anta Diop, Senegal
- Erten-Unal, Mujde, Old Dominion University, USA
- Funtowicz, Silvio, European Commission, Italy
- Gallopin, Gilberto, Argentina
- Garrod, Brian, Aberystwyth University, UK
- Goldemberg, Jose, State of So Paulo, Brazil
- Gupta, Anil K., Indian Institute of Management Vastrapur, India
- Gupta, Joyeeta, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Hinterberger, Friedrich, Sustainable Europe Research Institute (SERI), Austria
- Howarth, Richard B., Dartmouth College, USA
- Jiggins, Janice, Netherlands
- Jollands, Nigel, International Energy Agency, France
- Köhn, Jörg, Germany
- Kane, Alioune, Universit Cheikh Anta Diop, Senegal
- Martinez Alier, Joan, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
- May, Peter H., Federal Rural University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Muradian, Roldan, Tilburg University, Netherlands
- Papayannis, Thymio, Med-INA (Mediterranean Institute for Nature and Anthropos), Greece
- Patterson, Murray, Landcare Research NZ Ltd, New Zealand
- Peet, John, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Pernice, lngolf, Humboldt-Universitt zu Berlin, Germany
- Presas, Teresa, Tetra Pak Europe & Africa, Belgium
- Réveret, Jean-Pierre, Greige UQUAM, Universit du Qubec Montral, Canada
- Radermacher, Walter J., Federal Statistical Office, Germany
- Renn, Ortwin, Universitt Stuttgart, Germany
- Requier-Desjardins, Denis, LEREPS Universit de Toulouse, France
- Ricoveri, Giovanna, piazza San Francesco d'Assisi n.91, Italy
- Sachs, Ignacy, Ecole des Hautes tudes en sciences sociales (EHESS), France
- Schembri, Patrick, University of Versailles, France
- Scoullos, Michael, University of Athens, Greece
- Segura-Bonilla, Olman, Centro Intl. Politica Economica (CINPE), Costa Rica
- Senhaji, Faouzi, Institut Agronomique et Vtrinaire Hassan II, Morocco
- Shmelev, Stanislav, Environment Europe, UK
- Spangenberg, Joachim H., Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ, Germany
- Svedin, Uno, FORMAS, Sweden
- Theys, Jacques, Ministre du Logement et du Tourisme, France
- Toman, Michael A., RAND Corporation, USA
- Vidal-Madjar, Daniel, Universit de Versailles Saint Quentin, France
- Weber, Jacques, Institut Franais de la Biodiversit, France
- Wedderburn, Liz, AgResearch Limited, New Zealand
- Yamaji, Kenji, University of Tokyo, Japan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.
Due to server migration, some of our services will unavoidably affected from 28 to 29 May 2016. Our online submissions and peer review system [OSPEERS] will not be available for some of that time and newly published issues will not be available until migration is complete. All other services will be unaffected. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.