International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Feng Qiao
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 8 issues per year
- CiteScore 2.2 (2019)
The simulation and modelling of processes provide a better understanding of a set of interrelated activities that interact to achieve an optimised result and evaluate the effect of process changes, e.g. demand, resources, supply and constraints. IJSPM is a fully-refereed publication of original, innovative, theoretical and application-based research on simulation and process modelling issues, providing an international forum for high-quality papers discussing modelling, simulation and optimisation of processes in the entire life cycle of social, economic, science and engineering systems.
Topics covered include
- Theory, methodology, techniques, tools
- Modelling and simulation of
- Business processes, manufacturing and production processes
- Healthcare/service/administrative/public sector processes
- Supply chains and transport
- Built environment, mechanics and metallurgical processes
- Verification and validation, simulation life-cycle evolution
- Serviceand component-based composition and integration
- Reengineering processes
- Big data processing and cloud computing
- Recent developments, distributed simulation
- Performance optimisation through simulation
- Educational and training approaches, case studies and curricula
- Simulation in collaboration environments
- Simulation standards and languages
The objectives of IJSPM are to develop the theory and practice of simulation and process modelling. It aims to provide a unified discussion forum for academics, researchers and practitioners interested in the modelling and simulation of business processes, production and industrial processes, service and administrative processes, and public sector processes. Ultimately, IJSPM seeks to disseminate peer reviewed papers relevant to the simulation and process modelling communities.
Researchers and academics, computer scientists and engineers, industrial engineers, management scientists, operations managers, consultants and other practitioners, professional associations, software houses and software developers.
IJSPM publishes original papers, state-of-the-art reviews, modelling papers, case studies and book reviews. Suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJSPM is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- International Abstracts in Operations Research (Palgrave Macmillan)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJSPM is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Qiao, Feng, Shenyang JianZhu University, China
- Ball, Peter, University of York, UK
- Chen, Yinong, Arizona State University, USA
- Nigro, Libero, Università della Calabria, Italy
- Son, Young-Jun, University of Arizona, USA
- Verbraeck, Alexander, TU Delft, Netherlands
- Chen, Chun-Hung, George Mason University, USA
- Zeigler, Bernard, University of Arizona, USA
- Zhu, Quan Min, University of the West of England, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Azar, Ahmad Taher, Prince Sultan University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Benha University, Egypt
- Barros, Fernando, Universidade de Coimbra, Pólo II, Portugal
- Bruzzone, Agostino G., University of Genoa, Italy
- Cicirelli, Franco D., National Research Council of Italy, Italy
- Da Silveira, Denis Silva, Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil
- Devetsikiotis, Michael, University of New Mexico, USA
- Fan, Zhiping, Northeastern University, China
- Guo, Lingzhong, University of Sheffield, UK
- Lee, In, Western Illinois University, USA
- Longo, Francesco, University of Calabria, Italy
- Lu, Shaowen, Northeastern University, China
- Ma, Yong, Wuhan University, China
- McHaney, Roger, Kansas State University, USA
- Merkuryev, Yuri, Riga Technical University, Latvia
- Miller, John, University of Georgia, USA
- Na, Jing, Kunming University of Science and Technology, China
- Padovano, Antonio, University of Calabria, Italy
- Quaglia, Francesco, Università di Roma “La Sapienza”, Italy
- Rhif, Ahmed, University of Carthage, Tunisia
- Theodoropoulos, Georgios, The University of Birmingham, UK
- Vaidyanathan, Sundarapandian, Vel Tech University, India
- Wainer, Gabriel, Carleton University, Canada
- Wilsey, Philip, University of Cincinnati, USA
- Wong, Wai Peng, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Xia, Li, Sun Yat-sen University, China
- Xu, Lai, Bournemouth University, UK
- Yao, Yufeng, University of the West of England, UK
- Yilmaz, Levent, Auburn University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling increases issues
31 December, 2020
The International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling has announced that it will be increasing issues from six to eight from 2021 onwards.