International Journal of Information and Computer Security
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. Biju Issac
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 12 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.8 (2019)
Information and computer security are especially significant with the ubiquity of the internet and the rise of high-speed broadband networks. Information sharing among network users has caused countless invasions of privacy and security worldwide, with hackers demanding ransoms from organisations. This risk has generated enormous concern about security among internet users. IJICS is a double-blind refereed and authoritative reference which addresses information and computer security in computer/mobile networks. High-quality case studies, applications, novel ideas and survey papers are welcome.
Topics covered include
- Cyber security, cloud security, blockchain security
- AI/machine learning in security, data mining in security
- Malware and botnet detection, virus/worm controls
- Computer crime prevention/detection, digital/cyber forensics and analysis
- Confidentiality protection, cryptography and data protection
- Information warfare, denial of service protection, spoofing protection
- e-Commerce security; image, audio and video security
- Android/iOS security, database and data security
- Information ethics, privacy issues, information security
- Social media abuse detection, intrusion detection and prevention, network security
- Risk management, safety-critical systems
- Secure communications technology and computer systems
- Security control measures, policy models and authentication
- Software and hardware security architectures
- Wireless/mobile network and data security
IJICS focuses on theory, design, implementation, analysis, and application of secure information and computer systems. Emphases will also be on the related social, political and economic issues as well as emerging issues of interest to legislators, professionals, researchers, academics, and technical community.
Professionals, researchers, legislators, academics, and technical community.
IJICS publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, and commentaries. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJICS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Google Scholar
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJICS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Honorary Editor in Chief
- Li, Eldon Y., Tongji University, China and National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan
Editor in Chief
- Issac, Biju, Northumbria University, UK
- Chen, Chien-Ming, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Xiong, Hu, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, China
Editorial Board Members
- Agrawala, Ashok K., University of Maryland, USA
- Amin, Massoud, University of Minnesota, USA
- Atluri, Vijay, Rutgers University, USA
- Bertino, Elisa, Purdue University, USA
- Burmester, Michael, Florida State University, USA
- Canas, Daniel, Wake Forest University, USA
- Chapin, Steve J., Syracuse University, USA
- Chen, Hsinchun, The University of Arizona, USA
- Chen, Jinjun, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Davida, George, University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, USA
- Davis, James A., Iowa State University, USA
- Denning, Dorothy, Naval Postgraduate School, USA
- Doi, Norihisa, Chuo University, Japan
- Frincke, Deborah A., Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA
- Ghosh, Anup K., USA
- Hinke, Thomas H., NASA Ames Research Center, USA
- Honavar, Vasant, Iowa State University, USA
- Imai, Hideki, Chuo University, Japan
- Irwin, J. David, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, USA
- Jajodia, Sushil, Center for Secure Information Systems, USA
- Khosla, Pradeep, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Information Networking Institute (INI), USA
- Killcrece, Georgia T., Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Kim, Kwangjo, Information and Communications University, South Korea
- Ladd, David, Microsoft Research, USA
- Lam, Kwok-Yan, Tsinghua University, China
- Lee, Der-Tsai, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Lee, Ruby B., Princeton University, USA
- Liu, Ximeng, Singapore Management University, Singapore & Xidian University, Singapore
- Müller, Günter, Albert-Ludwig University of Freiburg, Germany
- Manaf, Azizah Abd, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Martella, Giancarlo, University of Milano, Italy
- Mclean, John D., Naval Research Laboratory, USA
- Micali, Silvio, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Miller, Les, Iowa State University, USA
- Ostrovsky, Rafail, University of California at Los Angeles, USA
- Palmer, Charles C., IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
- Pieprzyk, Josef, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Porras, Phillip A., SRI International, USA
- Preneel, Bart, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Qing, Sihan, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Reeves, Douglas, North Carolina State University, USA
- Rubin, Aviel, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Safavi-Naini, Rei, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Samarati, Pierangela, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- Shieh, Shiuhpyng, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Spafford, Eugene, Purdue University, USA
- Staddon, Jessica, Palo Alto Research Center, USA
- Thuraisingham, Bhavani, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Ting, T.C., University of Connecticut, USA
- Tygar, Doug, University of California at Berkeley, USA
- Varadharajan, Vijay, Macquarie University, Australia
- Wallach, Dan S., Rice University, USA
- Warren, Mathew J., Deakin University, Australia
- Wong, Johnny, Iowa State University, USA
- Wool, Avishai, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Wright, Rebecca, Rutgers University, USA
- Wu, Chwan-Hwa (John), Auburn University, USA
- Yang, Ming-Hour, Chung Yuan Christian University, Taiwan
- Yang, Shuang-Hua, Loughborough University, UK
- Yu, Fang, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
- Zeleznikow, John, Victoria University, Australia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
New Editor for International Journal of Information and Computer Security
4 January, 2021
Associate Prof. Biju Issac from Northumbria University in the UK has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Information and Computer Security.
International Journal of Information and Computer Security increases issues
31 December, 2020
The International Journal of Information and Computer Security has announced that it will be increasing issues from eight to twelve from 2021 onwards.