International Journal of High Performance Computing and Networking
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Dharma P. Agrawal
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 12 issues per year
IJHPCN addresses the most innovative developments in high-performance computing and networking such as information and system architectures, grid- and web-based information management and infrastructures, data storage, management, analysis and visualisation, advanced networking with applications, scalable parallel computing, cluster and grid computing, distributed systems, and high performance scientific and engineering computing with applications.
Topics covered include
- Cluster, grid, peer-to-peer, GPU, multi/many-core and cloud computing
- Quantum computing technologies and applications
- Large-scale workflow and virtualisation technologies
- Cyber security and cryptography
- Machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence
- Autonomic computing; data management/distributed data systems
- Energy-efficient computing infrastructure
- Big data infrastructure, storage and computation management
- Advanced next-generation networking technologies
- Parallel and distributed computing, language and algorithms
- Programming environments and tools, scheduling and load balancing
- Operation system support, I/O, memory issues
- Problem solving, performance modelling/evaluation
- Including architecture, compilers, hardware, tools, programming environments, languages and algorithms, operation system support, I/O and memory issues, etc.
Techniques and Algorithms for HPCN
- Including new numerical and non-numerical techniques for parallelisation, scheduling and load balancing, problem solving environments, performance modelling and evaluation, etc.
Cluster and Grid Computing
- Including cluster middleware, managing clusters, grid computing and clusters, etc.
Advanced Networking with Applications
- Including network architecture, protocols, mobile computing, wireless networks, optical networks, performance evaluation, routing, etc.
Web and Grid based Computing
- Including distributed/federated information and knowledge management, information brokerage, virtual enterprises, clearing houses, electronic business, cooperation coordination, tele-work, etc.
- Including computational fluid dynamics and mechanics, material sciences, space, weather, climate systems and global changes, computational environment and energy systems, computational ocean and earth sciences, combustion system simulation, computational chemistry, computational physics, bioinformatics and computational biology, medical applications, transportation systems simulations, combinatorial and global optimisation problems, structural engineering, computational electromagnetics, data mining, computer graphics, virtual reality and multimedia, computational finance, semiconductor technology, electronic circuits and system design, signal and image processing, and dynamic systems, etc.
More on this journal...
The objective of IJHPCN is to provide an outstanding channel for academics, professionals, educators and policy makers working in the field to contribute and to disseminate innovative and important new work in high-performance computing and advanced networking.
Scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, programmers, system administrators, managers, and industrial professionals.
IJHPCN provides an international forum to report, discuss and exchange experimental or theoretical results, novel designs, work-in-progress, experience, case studies, and trend-setting ideas. Papers should be of a quality that advances the state of the art in the field, bringing together the latest advances in technology, science, research, application, and education, and stimulating future trends in the areas.
IJHPCN is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJHPCN is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Agrawal, Dharma P., University of Cincinnati, USA
- Gupta, Brij B., National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, India
- Pan, Yi, Georgia State University, USA
- Yang, Laurence T., St Francis Xavier University, Canada
- Chen, Xiaofeng, Xidian University, China
- Couturier, Raphaël, University of Franche-Comte, France
- Fowler, Scott, Linköping University, Sweden
- Jararweh, Yaser, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan
- Jiang, Hai, Arkansas State University, USA
- Lopez, Matthew Graham, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- Mao, Bo, Xiamen University, China
- Pop, Florin, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
- Rana, Omer F., Cardiff University, UK
- Sarkar, Nurul, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Akl, Selim, Queen's University, Canada
- Bertino, Elisa, Purdue University, USA
- Cao, Jiannong, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chapman, Barbara, Stony Brook University, USA
- Dongarra, Jack, University of Tennessee Knoxville, USA
- Fox, Geoffrey Charles, Indiana University, USA
- Gao, Guang R., University of Delaware, USA
- Gaudiot, Jean-Luc, University of California – Irvine, USA
- Gropp, William D., University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Guo, Minyi, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Jia, Xiaohua, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Jin, Hai, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Ni, Lionel M., University of Macau, Macao
- Pedrycz, Witold, University of Alberta, Canada
- Sahni, Sartaj, University of Florida, USA
- Sun, Xian-He, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
- Valero, Mateo, Universidad Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Wu, Jie, Temple University, USA
- Xu, Zhiwei, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Zima, Hans, California Institute of Technology, USA
- Zomaya, Albert, University of Sydney, Australia
Editorial Board Members
- Au, Man Ho, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Castiglione, Aniello, University of Salerno, Italy
- Cheng, Albert M.K., University of Houston, USA
- Choo, Kim-Kwang Raymond, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA
- D'Agostino, Daniele, Italian National Research Council, Italy
- Dong, Mianxiong, Muroran Institute of Technology, Japan
- Huang, Runhe, Hosei University, Japan
- Hukerikar, Saurabh, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- Juckeland, Guido, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V., Germany
- Katz, Daniel S., University of Illinois, USA
- Lai, Kuan-Chou, National Taichung University, Taiwan
- Lau, Francis C.M., The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Li, Kenli, Hunan University, China
- Liu, Yang, Beijing Institute of Technology, China
- Marino, Mario Donato, Leeds Beckett University, UK
- Navaux, Philippe O. A., Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), Brazil
- Pathan, Al-Sakib Khan, Southeast University, Bangladesh
- Peng, Shao-Liang, National University of Defense Technology, China
- Qi, Heng, Dalian University of Technology, China
- Ren, Fenghui, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Sens, Pierre, LIP6 - REGAL Team, France
- Talia, Domenico, Università della Calabria, Italy
- Thampi, Sabu M., Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management - Kerala (IIITM-K), India
- Tumeo, Antonino, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA
- Venticinque, Salvatore, Second University of Naples, Italy
- Wang, Cho-Li, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Wang, Guojun, Guangzhou University, China
- Westphall, Carlos Becker, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Xue, Jingling, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Yang, Chao-Tung, Tunghai University, Taiwan
- Zhao, Wei, University of Macau, Macao
- Znati, Taieb, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Zou, Deqing, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Finding fake reviews
10 May, 2019
Many online shoppers will take a look at the reviews for the product or service they're about to purchase. The majority will presumably trust that the e-commerce site will only be posting genuine reviews of any given product, posted by other customers. However, as several recent high-profile cases have shown this is not always the case. Unfortunately, e-commerce sites are littered with fake reviews. These can persuade innocent shoppers to make a purchase and anticipate a certain level of quality to which the product or service they receive ultimately does not reach. Even the most respected of sites can succumb to fake reviews because it is very difficult to automate detection despite the many protections that some operators of such sites have implemented to do so. Now, writing in the International Journal of High Performance Computing and Networking, a team from China has demonstrated how a dynamic multimode network might be employed to efficiently detect fake reviews [...]More details...
Record-breaking chaotic data transmission
29 May, 2019
Engineers in China have used a chaos-based system to pipe data securely through a fibre-optic at a rate of 1.25. gigabits per second across a distance of 143 kilometres. Hongxi Yin, Qingchun Zhao, Xiaolei Chen, Hehe Yue, and Nan Zhao of the Lab of Optical Communications and Photonic Technology, School of Information and Communication Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, and their colleagues Dongjiao Xu and Ying Chang of HAEPC Information and Telecommunication Company, in Zhengzhou describe details of the achievement in the International Journal of High Performance Computing and Networking. The team points out that their greatest success in this physical form of encryption was in the use of off-the-shelf components. They add that this keeps costs down significantly. Moreover, there is no need to use dispersion compensating fibre (DCF) or forward-error correction (FEC) [...]More details...
New Editor for International Journal of High Performance Computing and Networking
18 March, 2019
Dr. Dharma P. Agrawal from the University of Cincinnati in the USA has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of High Performance Computing and Networking. Prof. B.B. Gupta of the National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, India, will be working alongside Dr. Agrawal in the role of Editor.