International Journal of Export Marketing
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Dafnis N. Coudounaris
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJExportM offers an international, peer-reviewed outlet for export marketing, which is an increasingly important research topic mainly because exporting largely deals with marketing-related issues (foreign market selection, marketing strategy adaptation, export-overseas distributor relations…) and its multifaceted character makes it possible to enrich the field with insights from different theoretical and practical perspectives. Exporting is also the most common way for smaller-size firms to enter international markets, since, compared to other foreign direct-entry modes, it involves fewer resources/costs and lower risks.
Topics covered include
- Internationalisation strategies and stages
- Pathways/approaches i.e. born globals, Uppsala model I, Uppsala model II, networks
- Export performance of firms and related constructs
- The export-import relationship and unethical behaviour
- Export marketing (stimulation/motivation, barriers, strategy, standardisation vs. adaptation
- Export sales management
- Export promotion programmes and government export policies
- Green export marketing
- Attitudinal studies of managers in different export market environments
- Country-of-origin and constructs relevant to exporting
- Corporate social responsibility and supply chain management related to exporting/importing
- Theoretical studies (resource based view, transaction cost approach, institutional theory, eclectic paradigm)
- Studies of managers related to importing
- Meta-analyses on various modes of entry
- Modes of entry other than exporting, e.g. franchising agreements/licensing, FDIs, divestments
The objective of IJExportM is to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with exporting/importing. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of export/import marketing. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological change and changes in the global economy.
IJExportM provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the fields of export/import marketing and in other relevant areas to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJExportM publishes original empirical papers, thoughtful essays and practices, in-depth case studies of individual companies or industry review papers, meta-analyses that result in theories and models, and book reviews. Special issues devoted to important topics included in the subject coverage will be regularly published.
Editor in Chief
- Coudounaris, Dafnis N., University of Tartu, Estonia
- Paliwoda, Stan, University of Strathclyde, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Apostolakis, Christos, Bournemouth University, UK
- Arslan, Ahmad, Edge Hill University, UK
- Aykol, Bilge, Dokuz Eylül University, Turkey
- Crick, David, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Crittenden, Victoria, Babson College, USA
- Dabic, Marina, Nottingham Trent University, UK and University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Datta, Kaushik, Institute of Management Technology, India
- Farshid, Mana, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden
- Ferencikova, Sonia, University of Economics, Slovakia
- Francioni, Barbara, University of Urbino "Carlo Bo", Italy
- Geldres, Valeska, University of La Frontera and University of São Paulo, Chile
- Hollensen, Svend, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Karafyllia, Maria, Anglia Ruskin University, UK
- Kaynak, Erdener, The Pennsylvania State University at Harrisburg, USA
- Koksal, Mehmet Haluk, ALHOSN University, United Arab Emirates
- Kordestani, Arash, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden
- Kristensen, Tore, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Kvasova, Olga, UCLan Cyprus, Cyprus
- Lages, Luis Filipe, University of Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- Larimo, Jorma, University of Vaasa and University of Tartu, Finland
- Lytovchenko, Iryna, Odessa State University of Economics, Ukraine
- Marinov, Marin A., Aalborg University, Denmark
- Marinova, Svetla, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Mostaghel, Rana, Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Nygaard, Arne, Oslo School of Management, Norway
- Palihawadana, Dayananda, University of Leeds, UK
- Papadopoulos, Nicolas, Carleton University, Canada
- Ratten, Vanessa, La Trobe University, Australia
- Rod, Michel, Carleton University, Canada
- Saarenketo, Sami, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Saleem, Salman, JAMK University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Santangelo, Grazia, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Sattari, Setayesh, Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Schlegelmilch, Bodo B., Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
- Schmid, Stefan, ESCP Europe Business School, Germany
- Shoham, Aviv, University of Haifa and Mishmar Haemek, Israel
- Silva, Susana Costa, Catholic University of Portugal, Portugal
- Talias, Michael, Open University of Cyprus, Cyprus
- Tesar, George, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, USA
- Thach, Sharon, Tennessee State University, USA
- Varblane, Urmas, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Veloutsou, Cleopatra, University of Glasgow, UK
- Vissak, Tiia, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Wang, Yi, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- West, Douglas, King's College London, UK
- Wright, Gillian H., Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Zhang, Rong, Nishinippon Institute of Technology, Japan
- Zhang, Xiaotian, Shanghai University, China
- Zolkiewski, Judith, The University of Manchester, UK
- Zucchella, Antonella, University of Pavia, Italy
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.