International Journal of Electronic Healthcare
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJEH is an authoritative, fully-refereed international journal which presents current practice and research in the area of e-healthcare. It is dedicated to design, development, management, implementation, technology, and application issues in e-healthcare.
Topics covered include
- Meaning for patients, providers and payers
- Strategy, implementation, privacy, trust
- Hospital strategies, small sized hospitals
- National health information infrastructure
- Cultural/social/political issues, social exclusion
- Impacts on efficiencies, effectiveness, transparency
- Process models, quality management
- Reengineering hospital administrative processes
- Electronic medical records
- Healthcare portals, web services
- E-procurement, e-payments
- E-doctors and e-pharmacy
- Knowledge management, technical aspects of knowledge flow
- Where do we go from here?
IJEH aims to help professionals working in the field, academic educators and policy makers to contribute, to disseminate knowledge, and to learn from each other|s work through cutting edge thinking in e-healthcare. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global economy. IJEH is an outstanding outlet that will enable e-healthcare research to take a shape of its own and whose results can be shared across institutions, governments, researchers and students, as well as across the healthcare industry:
- Up-to-date, leading edge research to keep readers ahead and maintain a competitive edge best practice in e-healthcare
- Practical guidance on ways to achieve significant effectiveness and efficiency in e-healthcare development and implementation
- In-depth analysis and interpretation to advance our understanding and provide a framework for further study of e-healthcare
- International coverage which allows us to share information and knowledge and insight on a worldwide scale.
Professionals, academics, researchers, managers, policy makers, and non-profit organisations.
IJEH publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome:
- High quality papers to keep readers at the forefront of the latest thinking and research in e-healthcare
- Case studies and practical applications to illustrate e-healthcare design, development, management and implementation.
IJEH is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Ovid Emcare
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJEH is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Shieh, Yao Y., University of California, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Ahluwalia, Punit, University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley, USA
- Al-Mashari, Majed, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Batenburg, Ronald S., Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Chuang, Ta-Tao, Gonzaga University, USA
- Conrad, Steven A., Louisiana State University, USA
- Courtney, Karen L., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Demiris, George, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Haux, Reinhold, Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany
- Kim, Chang-yup, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Kohun, Frederick G., Robert Morris University, USA
- Krabbendam, Koos, University of Twente, Netherlands
- Lau, Adela S.M., The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Lorence, Daniel P., Virginia Military Institute, Lexington, USA
- McLaughlin, Curtis P., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Mehrotra, Deepti, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, India
- Memon, Qurban Ali, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Merhi, Mohammad I., Indiana University South Bend, USA
- Nenonen, Mikko, Rheumatism Foundation Hospital, Finland
- Phuong, Nguyen Hoang, Ministry of Health of Vietnam, Vietnam
- Prybutok, Gayle Trofe, University of North Texas, USA
- Rajarajan, M., City University, UK
- Siau, Keng, Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA
- Sood, Sanjay P., C-DAC School of Advanced Computing, Mauritius
- Standing, Craig, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Steele, Robert, Medical University of South Carolina, USA
- Tan, Joseph, McMaster University, Canada
- Tichon, Jennifer, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Tounsi, Mohamed, Prince Sultan University, Saudi Arabia
- Tung, Y. Alex, University of Connecticut, USA
- Van Merode, G.G., University of Maastricht, Netherlands
- Von Lubitz, Dag, Central Michigan University, USA
- Wickramasinghe, Nilmini, Swinburne University and Epworth HealthCare, Australia
- Yunis, Manal M., Lebanese American University, Lebanon
- Zwass, Vladimir, Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Social media in a repressive society
28 August, 2019
Social media is affecting all our lives in ways we are only just beginning to recognise, whether it is the simple, but constant preoccupation many people have with sharing their digital lives or connecting with friends and family to the outpourings of politicians that are the vanguard of modern propaganda that seems to win elections. In what we might refer to as repressive societies, social media is also having an effect on society. Indeed, it is providing a medium for empowerment that has not existed before [...]More details...