International Journal of Electronic Healthcare
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. James Ma
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1.5
IJEH is an authoritative, fully-refereed international journal which presents current practice and research in the area of e-healthcare. It is dedicated to design, development, management, implementation, technology, and application issues in e-healthcare.
Topics covered include
- Meaning for patients, providers and payers
- Strategy, implementation, privacy, trust
- Hospital strategies, small sized hospitals
- National health information infrastructure
- Cultural/social/political issues, social exclusion
- Impacts on efficiencies, effectiveness, transparency
- Process models, quality management
- Reengineering hospital administrative processes
- Electronic medical records
- Healthcare portals, web services
- E-procurement, e-payments
- E-doctors and e-pharmacy
- Knowledge management, technical aspects of knowledge flow
- Where do we go from here?
IJEH aims to help professionals working in the field, academic educators and policy makers to contribute, to disseminate knowledge, and to learn from each other|s work through cutting edge thinking in e-healthcare. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global economy. IJEH is an outstanding outlet that will enable e-healthcare research to take a shape of its own and whose results can be shared across institutions, governments, researchers and students, as well as across the healthcare industry:
- Up-to-date, leading edge research to keep readers ahead and maintain a competitive edge best practice in e-healthcare
- Practical guidance on ways to achieve significant effectiveness and efficiency in e-healthcare development and implementation
- In-depth analysis and interpretation to advance our understanding and provide a framework for further study of e-healthcare
- International coverage which allows us to share information and knowledge and insight on a worldwide scale.
Professionals, academics, researchers, managers, policy makers, and non-profit organisations.
IJEH publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome:
- High quality papers to keep readers at the forefront of the latest thinking and research in e-healthcare
- Case studies and practical applications to illustrate e-healthcare design, development, management and implementation.
IJEH is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Ovid Emcare
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJEH is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Ma, James, University of Colorado , USA
- Wang, Chongying, Nankai University, China
- Wang, Jiaojiao, Institute of Automation, China
- Zhao, Xi, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China
- Shieh, Yao Y., University of California, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Ahluwalia, Punit, University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley, USA
- Al-Mashari, Majed, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Batenburg, Ronald S., Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Chuang, Ta-Tao, Gonzaga University, USA
- Conrad, Steven A., Louisiana State University, USA
- Courtney, Karen L., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Demiris, George, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Haux, Reinhold, Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany
- Kim, Chang-yup, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Kohun, Frederick G., Robert Morris University, USA
- Krabbendam, Koos, University of Twente, Netherlands
- Lau, Adela S.M., The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Lorence, Daniel P., Virginia Military Institute, Lexington, USA
- McLaughlin, Curtis P., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Mehrotra, Deepti, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, India
- Memon, Qurban Ali, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Merhi, Mohammad I., Indiana University South Bend, USA
- Nenonen, Mikko, Rheumatism Foundation Hospital, Finland
- Phuong, Nguyen Hoang, Ministry of Health of Vietnam, Vietnam
- Prybutok, Gayle Trofe, University of North Texas, USA
- Rajarajan, M., City University, UK
- Siau, Keng, Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA
- Sood, Sanjay P., C-DAC School of Advanced Computing, Mauritius
- Standing, Craig, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Steele, Robert, Medical University of South Carolina, USA
- Tan, Joseph, McMaster University, Canada
- Tichon, Jennifer, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Tounsi, Mohamed, Prince Sultan University, Saudi Arabia
- Tung, Y. Alex, University of Connecticut, USA
- Van Merode, G.G., University of Maastricht, Netherlands
- Von Lubitz, Dag, Central Michigan University, USA
- Wickramasinghe, Nilmini, Swinburne University and Epworth HealthCare, Australia
- Yunis, Manal M., Lebanese American University, Lebanon
- Zwass, Vladimir, Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
A virtual appointment with your doctor
26 August, 2021
Many people do not have access to good-quality healthcare provision either because of the limited availability of resources or the distances involved in travelling to and from healthcare centres. A review in the International Journal Electronic Healthcare has considered the state-of-the-art in internet and communications technology in this context and how consultations with a physician might be carried out virtually rather than face-to-face to revolutionise access for millions of people in the developing world and in poor settings. Gopireddy Murali Mohan Reddy and Priyanka Gollapalli of Evidencian Research Associates, Srinivas Gunda and Prasad Kompalli of Novocura Tech Health Services, all based in Bangalore, India, have surveyed the peer-reviewed scientific literature concerning virtual healthcare models and present a critique for all stakeholders in their paper [...]More details...