International Journal of Advanced Operations Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Kannan Govindan
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.2 (2019)
In today's complex, global economy, the operations function is critical to business success. All organisations have an operations function that helps them run efficiently and productively. IJAOM is a peer reviewed international journal which publishes original, high-quality and cutting-edge research on all aspects of advanced operations management, aiming at bridging the gap between theory and practice with applications analysing the real situation.
Topics covered include
- Global operations management, lean/agile operations
- Knowledge, service, demand and R&D management
- Scheduling, sequencing, vehicle routing
- Inventory management and co-ordination
- Multi-objective optimisation; TQM and six sigma practices
- Business process outsourcing
- Aggregate planning, ERP, JIT
- Performance measurement
- Cultural, environmental and implementation issues
- Logistics service performance, supply chain management
- Product planning, lot sizing, MPS, MRP
- Repetitive manufacturing and service operations
- Project and technology management, network management
- Modelling and simulation, decision analysis/making
- Comparison of operations management in different countries
The main objectives of IJAOM are:
- To present state-of-art, high-quality research developments in all advanced areas of operations management (OM)
- To help professionals working in the area of operations management, academicians, consultants and practitioners to share cutting-edge information of current developments in the area
- To define new problem domains in the area of OM
- To develop new methodologies to solve OM problems
The international dimension is emphasised in order to meet the demands of global business.
IJAOM provides a platform to help academics, researchers, professionals and practitioners working in the field of advanced operations management to disseminate and publicise research work and to facilitate a greater learning process from each other's work.
IJAOM publishes original papers, review papers, field research, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in advanced operations management will occasionally be published.
IJAOM is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
IJAOM is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Govindan, Kannan, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Kannan, Devika, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Editorial Board Members
- Agarwal, Ravi P., Texas A&M University Kingsville, USA
- Bagchi, Uttarayan, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Chen, Bo, University of Warwick, UK
- Cheng, T.C. Edwin, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Choi, Tsan-Ming (Jason), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Dessouky, Maged, University of Southern California, USA
- Dessouky, Yasser, San Jose State University, USA
- Elsayed, E.A., Rutgers University, USA
- Eyob, Ephrem, Virginia State University, USA
- Goh, Mark, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Grubbström, Robert W., Linköping Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Gungor, Askiner, Pamukkale University, Turkey
- Gupta, Surendra M., Northeastern University, USA
- Handfield, Robert, North Carolina State University, USA
- Jódar, Lucas, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
- Klassen, Robert D., Ivey Business School at Western University, Canada
- Kumar, U. Dinesh, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, India
- Laporte, Gilbert, HEC Montréal, Canada
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Lorenz, Jens, University of New Mexico, USA
- Mahadevan, B., Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, India
- Mathirajan, M., Indian Institute of Science, India
- Nahmias, Steven, Santa Clara University, USA
- O'Sullivan, David, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Pawar, Kulwant S., University of Nottingham, UK
- Peccati, Lorenzo, Bocconi University, Italy
- Pokharel, Shaligram, Qatar University, Qatar
- Ramanathan, Ramakrishnan, University of Nottingham, UK
- Rao, B. Madhu, Bowling Green State University, USA
- Roth, Aleda V., Clemson University, USA
- Ruiz García, Rubén, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Spain
- Sarkis, Joseph, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Sharma, Narendra K., Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
- So, Rick K.C., University of California at Irvine, USA
- Suer, Gursel A., Ohio University, USA
- Wallace, Stein W., Norwegian School of Economics, Norway
- Wang, William Yu Chung, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Xu, Chully Lei, Tianjin University of Technology, China
- Zavadskas, E. K., Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.