- Accident case studies/data analysis/reconstruction/avoidance
- Elderly driver safety, vulnerable road users' protection
- Impact biomechanics, injury mechanisms/criteria/tolerance
- Crash dummy development, human body modelling
- Occupant protection/restraint systems, child safety
- Mechatronics and technologies for smart-restraint systems
- Vehicle reliability/safety, vehicle crashworthiness/compatibility analysis
- Smart materials for crashworthiness/occupant protection
- Injury mitigation technology development
- Intelligent driving systems, driving control systems development
- Assisted driver information/communication systems
- Intelligent highway systems, satellite systems for vehicle sensing
- Wireless/mobile communications technology, telematics
- Real-time data acquisition/distributed systems, multimedia networking
- Vehicle crash rescue, extrication, post-crash aspects
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJVS are:
- To develop, promote and coordinate the science, technology and practice of vehicle safety
- To help engineers and applied scientists engage in vehicle safety design and research
- To allow engineers and applied scientists to contribute to the field, to disseminate technical information, and to learn from each other|s work
- To provide an international forum for information exchange in the development and application of non-deterministic methods and practices for the enhancement of vehicle safety and the mitigation of road traffic injuries
The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global environment. The goal of IJVS is to enhance vehicle safety and minimise road traffic injuries through technology innovation.
Automotive engineers, academics, researchers, managers, designers, technologists, policy makers and safety advocates, working in universities, research institutes, and industries.Contents
IJVS publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Contributions may be by submission or invitation. Special Issues devoted to important topics in vehicle safety will occasionally be published.
Commentaries on papers and reports published in IJVS are encouraged. Authors will have the opportunity to respond to the commentary on their work before the entire treatment is published.
More on permissions
IJVS is indexed in:
IJVS is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Ruan, Jesse, Ford Scientific Research Laboratory, USA
- Kang, Ken, Honda R & D Americas, Inc, USA
- Chou, Clifford, Wayne State University, USA
Australia-New Zealand Editor
- Fildes, Brian, Monash Univeristy, Australia
- Willinger, Rémy, Universit de Strasbourg & CNRS-UMR 7357, France
Far East Editor
- Wang, Zhengguo, The Third Military Medical University, China
- Mizuno, Koji, Nagoya University, Japan
Editorial Board Members
- Barbat, Saeed, Ford Motor Company, USA
- Bilkhu, Sukhbir, Chrysler LLC, USA
- Deb, Anindya, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Gentle, C.R., The Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Hamouda, Abdel Magid, Qatar University, Qatar
- Haut, Roger C., Michigan State University, USA
- Lan, Fengchong, South China University of Technology, China
- Lovsund, Per, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Miki, Kazuo, Toyota Central R&D Labs., Inc, Japan
- Oakley, Charles, TRL Limited, UK
- Otte, Dietemar, Medical University of Hannover, Germany
- Prasad, Priya, US National Academy of Engineering, USA
- Schneide, Lawrence W., University of Michigan, USA
- Shahwan, Khaled W., Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), USA
- Sugimoto, Tomiji, Honda R&D Co., Ltd., Japan
- Trosseille, Xavier, Laboratory of Accidentology, Biomechanics and Human Behaviour, France
- Visintainer, Randal, Ford Motor Company, USA
- Wang, J.T., General Motors Research & Development, USA
- Wismans, Jac, SAFETEQ, Netherlands
- Yang, Jikuang, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Yang, King H., Wayne State University, USA
- Yin, Zhiyong, Third Military Medical University, China
- Youn, Younghan, Korea University of Technology and Education, Republic of Korea
- Zhong, Zhihua, Hunan University, China
- Zhou, Qing, Tsinghua University, China
- Zhu, Xichan, Tongji University, China
- Zou, Guangyu, Henry Ford Health System, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.