| Editor in Chief: Prof. Rajagopal |
ISSN online: 1757-5575
ISSN print: 1757-5567
4 issues per year
IJLTM contributes innovative knowledge and understanding to leisure, recreation and tourism studies with an international orientation, encouraging conceptual/empirical papers that advance knowledge in leisure/tourism research, highlighting marketing issues. It envisages the tourism/leisure role as a major factor influenced by globalisation and growing competition. IJLTM fosters research incorporating concepts of interrelated structures and processes in tourism/leisure activities and provides a global medium for contributions on contemporary marketing practices in leisure activities, travel, hotels, tourism management, events and destinations.
- Marketing and management issues in the leisure industry
- Leisure and entertainment products
- Leisure behaviour in the arts and sports, cultural activities
- Urban leisure centres, recreational and holiday parks
- Rural recreation and leisure activities
- Consumer spending behaviour in leisure activities, leisure shopping
- Economics and planning of leisure services
- Performance measure of leisure services
- Pricing/promotion of leisure activities, information processing/sales
- Marketing and vacation management
- Hospitality services and place branding
- Ecotourism, sports tourism, health tourism
- Tourism marketing, e-tourism, globalisation, government policies
- Planning, implementation, forecasting, quality systems/processes, HRM
- Financial/revenue management
More on this journal...
The principal objective of IJLTM is to serve as an academic forum for publication of refereed research papers related to marketing of the leisure and tourism industry, and to bring together the high standards of academic insights and strengths. The journal aims at developing an interdisciplinary knowledge base meeting academic research and marketing/management practices applied in the leisure and tourism industry. The international dimension of the journal is emphasised towards converging cultural, economic, marketing, and sociological issues with leisure and tourism research to offer advanced knowledge and management skills on the subject. The scope of IJLTM also includes policy and planning issues for pursuing research in leisure and tourism areas. Readership
IJLTM provides motivation, knowledge and tools to improve decision skills to professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers associated with leisure property, services, products, hospitality industry, tourism and travel services, government departments, planners and consultants.Contents
IJLTM publishes original papers, review papers, best practices, management notes, case studies, conference reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news related to leisure and tourism industry. Special Issues of the journal are devoted to important topics such as leisure parks, eco-tourism, technology and leisure marketing, and destination tourism will occasionally be published. All papers submitted to the journal are initially screened by the Editor-in-Chief and if found consistent with the broad objectives of the journal, are double blind peer reviewed.
More on permissions
IJLTM is indexed in:
IJLTM is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Rajagopal, Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education, ITESM, Mexico
- Ghose, Kamal, Lincoln University, New Zealand
Editorial Board Members
- Andriotis, Konstantinos, Middlesex University, UK
- Beise-Zee, Rian, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Japan
- Bordelon, Bridget M., University of New Orleans, USA
- Carrillo, Miguel, Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business, Trinidad and Tobago
- Castaño, Raquel, Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education, ITESM, Mexico
- Festeu, Dorin, Buckinghamshire New University, UK
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, USA
- Kantarelis, Demetri, Assumption College, USA
- Lee, Hong Tau, National Chin-Yi University of Technology, Taiwan
- Nath, Hiranya K., Sam Houston State University, USA
- Nedelea, Alexandru, University Stefan cel Mare Suceava, Romania
- Patiar, Anoop K., Griffith University, Australia
- Singh, Dipendra, University of Central Florida, USA
- Singh, Satyendra, Academy of Business and Emerging Markets and University of Winnipeg, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.