Luxury Research Journal
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Michel Phan
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
LRJ is a cross-disciplinary, peer-reviewed international journal that publishes high-quality conceptual and empirical articles (using quantitative or qualitative approaches), as well as cutting-edge case studies that are relevant to the luxury industry. It also presents viewpoints of influential experts within the industry. LRJ aims to establish itself as the leading journal on luxury research for academics and practitioners.
Topics covered include
- Industry perspectives on luxury new venture creation/development
- Product, service and customer experience development for luxury brands
- Geographical/regional perspectives on the luxury sector or knowledge domain
- Alliances and acquisitions in growth-oriented luxury sub-sectors
- Family and luxury business development
- Innovation issues in the luxury sector and knowledge domain
- Consumer culture and behaviour towards luxury
- Legal issues in managing luxury brands
- Human resources management issues in luxury companies
- Corporate social responsibility and environmental issues in luxury businesses
- Communications, semiotics and social media in luxury brand management
LRJ aims to provide a platform of exchange for academics, researchers, managers and policy and decision makers interested in the issues faced by entrepreneurs, business practitioners and knowledge workers in the fast-paced, technology-intensive activities of the luxury sector. The international dimension is now compulsory in the growing global luxury world.
LRJ is essential reading for luxury brand strategists and knowledge workers in both private and public sector organisations, together with marketing academics in universities and business schools, including:
- Heads of branding, brand directors and managers
- Marketing directors
- Business development managers
- Heads of corporate communications
- Managing directors
- Strategic planners
- Planning directors
- IP lawyers and patent attorneys in the luxury sector
- Marketing and branding consultants
- Agency directors
- Professors, lecturers, marketing and luxury students, and MBA students
LRJ provides a vehicle to help academics, researchers, policy makers and professionals working in the field of development of luxury business activities at knowledge, industry, regional and international levels to disseminate and share valuable information.
LRJ publishes original papers, case studies and interviews with eminent scholars or practitioners. In addition, the journal also publishes regular features on the luxury sector, knowledge domain updates and book reviews providing a "thumbnail" of the best writing on and from the luxury sector and knowledge domain. Special Issues devoted to important topics in technological advances, knowledge management and the luxury sector/domain will occasionally be published.
- Kapferer, Jean-Noel, HEC Paris, France
Editor in Chief
- Phan, Michel, EMLYON Business School, France
- Som, Ashok, ESSEC Business School, France
Regional Editor Asia Pacific and Australia
- Phau, Ian, Curtin Business School, Australia
Regional Editor Europe
- Heine, Klaus, EMLYON Business School, France
Regional Editor Japan
- Nagasawa, Shin'ya, Waseda University, Japan
Regional Editor North America
- Berthon, Pierre, Bentley University, USA
Regional Editor Southeast Asia
- Pandey, Neeraj, National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), India
Regional Editor South America
- Gil, Luciana de Araujo, Universidad Mayor, Chile
- Johnson, Lester W., Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Ko, Eunju, Yonsei University, South Korea
- Pedraza, Milton, Luxury Institute & Customer Culture Institute, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Aiello, Gaetano, University of Florence , Italy
- Carcano, Luana, Università Bocconi, Italy
- Maman Larraufie, Anne-Flore, SémioConsult, France
- Petersen, Francine Espinoza, ESMT European School of Management and Technology, Germany
- Roblin, Philippe, Bayadères, France
- Sen, Sankar, Baruch College/CUNY, USA
- Shukla, Paurav, University of Southampton, UK
- Teah, Min, Curtin University, Australia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.