International Journal of Multinational Corporation Strategy
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Joseph Amankwah-Amoah
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
Scholars have long been raising the question of why multinational corporations (MNCs) invest across borders and how they maximise earnings in unfamiliar markets. In the ongoing search for solutions, scholars realise in particular that they need to grapple with appropriate MNC strategies. IJMCS provides a forum for in-depth exploration of this research area. In addition to papers in this field, IJMCS also welcomes studies focusing on local firms battling against MNCs and how the insights can inform local firms' strategies.
Topics covered include
- Multinational corporation strategy and governance
- Global business strategy
- New international business models
- International dimensions of local firm strategy
- Multinational corporations based on emerging and developing markets
- Corporate strategies in global environments
- Multinational innovation strategy
- The strategy and organisational structure of multinational corporations
- Global trade and investment environment
- Foreign market entry strategies for multinational corporations
- Corporate social responsibility
- Knowledge management strategy
- Research methods for multinational corporation strategy
- Theories on multinational corporations and foreign direct investment
The objectives of IJMCS are to discuss any and all aspects of multinational corporation strategies, such as innovation, corporate social responsibility, knowledge management, market entry strategies, foreign business environments and corporate governance, etc. By doing this, this journal will function as an effective conduit helping to communicate crucial strategic knowledge between MNC managers, policy makers, academic institutions, educators and scholars studying international business and strategy in the global context.
IJMCS provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers working in the domain of multinational corporation strategy to deliver, influence and develop key knowledge on international business.
This journal publishes original papers, either qualitative or quantitative, which provide managerial and practical implications based on rigorous empirical evidence. In addition, it seeks research papers applying, extending and building theory and/or theoretical concepts that can impact the general discipline of international business. The editor also welcomes literature reviews, case studies and book reviews. Special Issues focusing on important topics in multinational corporation strategy will also be published from time to time.
Editor in Chief
- Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph, University of Kent, UK
- Park, Byung Il, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, South Korea
- Khan, Zaheer, University of Aberdeen, UK
Senior Advisory Board
- Ghauri, Pervez N., University of Birmingham, UK
- Glaister, Keith, University of Warwick, UK
- Inkpen, Andrew, Thunderbird School of Global Management, USA
- Santangelo, Grazia, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Sinkovics, Rudolf R., The University of Manchester, UK
- Yamin, Mo, University of Manchester, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Adomako, Samuel, Bradford University School of Management, UK
- Bu, Maoliang, Nanjing University and Hopkins-Nanjing Center, China
- Chung, Chul, University of Reading, UK
- Cui, Lin, Australian National University, Australia
- Dolores, Añón Higón, University of Valencia, Spain
- Driffield, Nigel, University of Warwick, UK
- Froese, Fabian Jintae, Yonsei University, South Korea and University of Goettingen, Germany
- Gaur, Ajai, Rutgers University, USA
- Haakonsson, Stine, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- He, Shaowei, University of Northampton, UK
- Hilmersson, Mikael, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Hong, Eunsuk, University of London, UK
- Hong, Sungjin, Yeungnam University, South Korea
- Jang, Seung Hoon, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Jiménez, Alfredo, Kedge Business School, France
- Knight, Gary, Willamette University, USA
- Kuivalainen, Olli, Lappeenranta University of Technology (LUT), Finland
- Lee, Jeoung Yul, Hongik University, South Korea
- Lee, Seung-Hyun, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Li, Quan, Texas A&M University, USA
- Li, Shaomin, Old Dominion University, USA
- Mata, José, HEC Lausanne, Switzerland
- Moon, Jon Jungbien, Korea University, South Korea
- Nicholson, Rekha (Rao), Newcastle University London, UK
- Ogasavara, Mario Henrique, Escola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing, Brazil
- Oh, Chang Hoon, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Pattnaik, Chinmay, University of Sydney, Australia
- Perri, Alessandra, Ca' Foscari University of Venice, Italy
- Pla-Barber, José, University of Valencia, Spain
- Scott-Kennel, Joanna, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Song, Jaeyong, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Tatoglu, Ekrem, Ibn Haldun University, Turkey
- Wach, Krzysztof, Cracow University of Economics, Poland
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.