International Journal of Migration and Border Studies
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. Sasha Baglay
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJMBS addresses the whole range of technological, human/social, political, policy, organisational and managerial issues related to migration and border studies. IJMBS is a peer-reviewed journal which offers a forum for disciplinary and inter-disciplinary research concerning conceptual, theoretical, empirical and methodological dimensions of migration and border studies. It aims to bring together a diverse range of international scholars and practitioners to advance knowledge, improve practice, and act as a definitive source on migration and border issues.
Topics covered include
- Technological advances/issues
- Analysis/assessment methodologies
- Research methods/data analysis
- Performance measurement
- Governance, managerial and organisational issues
- International leadership issues
- Immigration policy analysis, economic impacts
- Human mobility, immigrant integration
- Strategic development, immigration strategy
- Modelling techniques
- Decision support
- Border security design
- Systems analysis
- Training/education, professional development
- Cultural, ethical and philosophical issues
ObjectivesThe objectives of IJMBS are to provide a forum for international practitioners, academics, researchers and policy makers to disseminate and access the most recent advances in knowledge, research and practice for border security and immigration policy. The journal will emphasise the global nature of border security and immigration policy issues as they impact regional, national and international communities.
IJMBS explores new technologies, strategies, practices, methods and research for border security and immigration policy. The journal will be of interest to professional practitioners, government officials, academics and researchers engaged in analysis, decision and policy making, research and governance related to border security and immigration policy.
IJMBS publishes original papers, technical reports, state-of-the-art reviews, case studies and technical notes. Contributions may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJMBS is indexed in:
Editor in Chief
- Baglay, Sasha, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Aas, Katja Franko, The University of Oslo, Norway
- Ackleson, Jason, Rice University, USA
- Anguiano-Téllez, María Eugenia, El Colegio de la Frontera Norte, Mexico
- Antonopoulos, Georgios A., Teesside University, UK
- Atak, Idil, Ryerson University, Canada
- Bains, Satwinder Kaur, University of the Fraser Valley, Canada
- Berg, Laurie, The University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- Bigo, Didier, King's College London, UK
- Bosworth, Mary, University of Oxford, UK
- Carlier, Jean-Yves, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- Chetail, Vincent, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Switzerland
- Chiquiar, Daniel, Banco de México, Mexico
- Crock, Mary, The University of Sydney, Australia
- Gingrich, Luann Good, York University, Canada
- Guild, Elspeth, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
- Houle, France, Université de Montréal, Canada
- Iskandar, Pranoto, The Institute for Migrant Rights, Indonesia
- Kabbanji, Lama, Institut de recherche pour le développement (IRD), France
- Kneebone, Susan, University of Melbourne, Australia
- López Sala, Ana María, Centre for Human and Social Sciences (CCHS), Spain
- Martiniello, Marco, Université de Liège, Belgium
- Mascareñas, Blanca Garcés, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain
- McNevin, Anne, New School For Social Research, USA
- Mitsilegas, Valsamis, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
- Pelletier Quiñones, Paola, Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), Dominican Republic
- Pickering, Sharon, Monash University, Australia
- Puggioni, Raffaela, University of Sussex, UK
- Samaddar, Ranabir, Mahanirban Calcutta Research Group, India
- Sawadogo, Ram Christophe, Université de Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- Sundberg, Kelly W., Mount Royal University, Canada
- Tall, Serigne Mansour, United Nations Development Programme , Senegal
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
New Editor for International Journal of Migration and Border Studies
8 October, 2020
Associate Prof. Sasha Baglay from the University of Ontario Institute of Technology in Canada has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Migration and Border Studies.