International Journal of Knowledge-Based Development
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Francisco Javier Carrillo
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
The field of knowledge-based development faces the major challenge of making concrete and relevant contributions to the amelioration of societies (i.e. creating a knowledge society) and not solely to the promotion of competitive advantage for businesses. IJKBD serves as a multi-disciplinary platform with a systems approach to the theory and practice of knowledge-based development activities and processes, focusing on knowledge cities and societies, knowledge-based urban development, knowledge and innovation clusters, and knowledge-intensive service activities.
Topics covered include
- Knowledge-based value generation
- Knowledge-based economy
- Knowledge-based urban development
- Knowledge cities and regions
- Knowledge societies
- Multi-level approach to knowledge-based development
- Global best practices in knowledge-based development
- Knowledge and innovation clusters
- Knowledge-economy, assets and capital systems
- Knowledge-intensive service activities
The overall objectives of the journal will consist of:
- strengthening the exchange of knowledge and experience among scholars, researchers, practitioners, managers and urban developers;
- ensuring a better knowledge and understanding of applying knowledge-based development policies;
- contributing to the theorizing of knowledge-based development and creation of knowledge cities and societies; and
- bridging major disciplines, approaches and communities concerned with the knowledge-based development of cities, regions and nations.
The overall purposes of the journal will include:
- creating a large knowledge base for scholars by introducing them to multi-level aspects of knowledge-based development and indicating other areas of fertile research;
- developing scholars' capacity in the design, implementation and application of knowledge-based development concepts, models, methods, policies for the creation of modern knowledge societies and cities; and
- increasing the awareness of the role of knowledge cities and knowledge societies in the knowledge era, as well as of the challenges and opportunities for future research.
The target audience of the journal will include:
- decision and policy makers of (non-)government organisations;
- technology solutions developers; and
- urban planners and developers.
Although the field of knowledge cities as categories of analysis in knowledge-based development has been an active area of research for more than five years - unfortunately, this is not the case for knowledge societies - and significant progress has been achieved, there is not a single comprehensive source of literature available related to the development of a holistic approach in the construction of knowledge cities and societies.
IJKBD will be the major source of modern-day research and practice in the development of knowledge cities and societies, to which many contributors from various countries and disciplines are expected to disseminate their expertise and knowledge through this invaluable journal.
IJKBD will publish theoretical, experimental, and experiential original papers, practice notes, case studies, and innovative methodologies on knowledge-based development, as described above. Special Issues devoted to important topics in knowledge-based development will occasionally be published.
IJKBD is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Google Scholar
IJKBD is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Honorary Editor in Chief
- Yigitcanlar, Tan, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Editor in Chief
- Carrillo, Francisco Javier, World Capital Institute, Mexico
- Carlucci, Daniela, University of Basilicata, Italy
- Hu, Richard, University of Canberra, Australia
- Laihonen, Harri, University of Tampere, Finland
Editorial Board Members
- Batra, Surinder, Institute of Management Technology, India
- Bontje, Marco, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Bulu, Melih, Istinye University, Turkey
- Carvalho, Luís, University of Porto, Portugal
- Costa, Eduardo, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Duarte, Fábio, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Edvardsson, Ingi Runar, University of Iceland, Iceland
- Fachinelli, Ana Cristina, University of Caxias do Sul, Brazil
- Fong, Patrick S.W., The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Garcia, Blanca, Northern Borderlands Research College, Mexico
- Hawken, Scott, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Inkinen, Tommi, University of Turku, Finland
- Ioppolo, Giuseppe, University of Study of Messina, Italy
- Johnston, Andrew, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Komninos, Nicos, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Lönnqvist, Antti, University of Tampere, Finland
- Makkonen, Teemu, University of Eastern Finland, Finland
- Marques, Jamile, Brazilian Association of Software Companies, Brazil
- Piracha, Awais, University of Western Sydney, Australia
- Ricciardi, Francesca, University of Verona, Italy
- Tremblay, Diana-Gabriella, Télé-université, University of Quebec, Canada
- Veltri, Stefania, Universitá della Calabria, Italy
- Wang, Xuefeng, Newcastle University, UK
- Wang, Zhizhang, Southwest University, China
- Wilson, Mark, Michigan State University, USA
- Winden, Willem, Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
New Editor for International Journal of Knowledge-Based Development
7 January, 2019
Prof. Francisco Javier Carrillo from the World Capital Institute in Mexico has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Knowledge-Based Development.