International Journal of Hospitality and Event Management
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Ying (Tracy) Lu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
IJHEM is dedicated to meeting the academic and managerial needs of the fast-growing hospitality and event fields. IJHEM covers topics on operations and management of hospitality and event products and services such as lodging, restaurant and catering, meetings, incentives, conventions, exhibitions, festivals, weddings, sport and other special occasions and gatherings. The journal encourages both theoretical and empirical scholarly work, and interdisciplinary and global perspectives are highlighted.
Topics covered include
- Lodging management and operations
- Restaurant management and catering
- Service management
- Guests from emerging markets
- Host and guest interactions
- Globalization in hospitality and event
- Information technology in hospitality and event
- Customer loyalty
- Event planning and coordination
- Event impacts
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, Exhibitions (MICE)
- Sport events
- Special events
IJHEM aims to be the leading channel for research in hospitality and event management, publishing significant articles that address the new needs of the industry using theoretical and/or empirical research approaches. It also aims to act as forum for exchanging new ideas, research results and sharing best practices in the industry.
IJHEM provides scholars with informative research-based articles to advance the research agenda, managers with practical recommendations to grow their businesses, and governments with implications to form appropriate regulations/policies and manage communities sustainably.
IJHEM publishes refereed papers, invited articles, research notes, book reviews, commentaries and case studies relevant to both academics and practitioners. Special Issues devoted to important topics in hospitality and event management will occasionally be published.
IJHEM is indexed in:
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Animal Sciences
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
IJHEM is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Lu, Ying (Tracy), University of Kentucky, USA
- Fry, Jonathan, Aberystwyth University, UK
- Zhou, Zongqing, Niagara University , USA
- Adler, Howard, Purdue University, USA
- Cai, Liping A., Purdue Tourism & Hospitality Research Center, USA
- Chon, Kaye, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
Editorial Board Members
- Bartkus, Kenneth R., Utah State University , USA
- Cheng, Li, Sichuan University, China
- Dodds, Rachel, Ryerson University, Canada
- Dong, Erwei, United States Sports Academy, USA
- Dunning, John, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Fu, Xiaoxiao, University of Central Florida, USA
- Genc, Ruhet, Turkish-German University (TGU), Turkey
- Huang, Joy (Zhuowei), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign , USA
- Korstanje, Maximiliano E., University of Palermo, Argentina
- Lee, Jenny (Jiyeon), University of New South Wales , Australia
- Li, Mimi, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
- Lu, Zhi, University of Victoria, Canada
- Michopoulou, Eleni, University of Derby, UK
- Mohsin, Asad, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Slabbert, Elmarie, North-West University, South Africa
- Smith, Wayne William, College of Charleston , USA
- Wei, Wei, University of Central Florida, USA
- Xie, Philip F., Bowling Green State University , USA
- Ziakas, Vassilios, University of St Mark & St John, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.