International Journal of Happiness and Development
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Parviz Dabir-Alai
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJHD is an interdisciplinary journal that seeks to broaden our understanding of 'happiness' and how it may relate to development from economic, political, psychological, and/or sociological perspectives. The journal entertains all definitions of happiness, including 'subjective well-being' or 'life satisfaction' – commonly used terms in economics. It welcomes rigorous and scientific papers that provide theoretical or empirical investigations which improve our understanding of how happiness is generated and how it may relate to development – interpreted at both micro and macro levels.
Topics covered include
- Determinants or consequences of happiness
- Country or societal development
- Development economics
- Economic and other forms of development
- Individual or cross-country studies
- Human development
- Living standards and quality of life
- Education and health
- Technology, communications and infrastructure
- Trade and environment
- Foreign aid other international flows
- Inequality in development or happiness
- International relations, happiness and development
- Peace, conflict resolution, development and happiness
- Additional topics, such as those at http://worlddatabaseofhappiness.eur.nl/
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Google Scholar
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
- More on this journal...
The objective of IJHD is to encourage applied and pragmatic critical analysis of issues relating to happiness and development. The journal seeks to establish an effective channel of communication between researchers, policy makers, practitioners and readers interested in individual or societal happiness. IJHD contributes to policy debate or controversies which reflect a range of views on the causes of increased happiness and the consequences of individual or country levels of happiness.
IJHD engages a broad and international audience. Its content is essential reading for academics, researchers, public servants, advocates, journalists and policy makers.
IJHD publishes original papers, review papers, case studies and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in happiness, well-being and development are occasionally published.
IJHD is indexed in:
IJHD is listed in:
- Arvin, Mak B., Trent University, Canada
Editor in Chief
- Dabir-Alai, Parviz, Richmond University, UK
- Graham, Carol, Brookings Institution and University of Maryland, USA
- McGillivray, Mark, Deakin University, Australia
Book Review Editor
- Kayani, Zafar, Trent University, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Arnott, Richard, University of California – Riverside, USA
- Bahmani, Sahar, University of Wisconsin-Parkside, USA
- Baltatescu, Sergiu, University of Oradea, Romania
- Brinia, Vasiliki, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Bruni, Luigino, Università LUMSA, Italy
- Clark, Andrew, Ecole Normale Supérieure, France
- Coccia, Mario, National Research Council of Italy, Italy
- Cummins, Robert, Deakin University, Australia
- Delle Fave, Antonella, University of Milan, Italy
- Dunn, Elizabeth, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Dutt, Amitava, University of Notre Dame, USA
- Easterlin, Richard, University of Southern California, USA
- Frey, Bruno, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Gan, Christopher, Lincoln University, New Zealand
- Gilbert, Daniel, Harvard University, USA
- Guisan, Carmen, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Hartog, Joop, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Justinek, Gorazd, New University, Slovenia
- Kaliterna Lipovčan, Ljiljana, Ivo Pilar Institute of Social Sciences, Croatia
- Kittiprapas, Sauwalak, International Research Associates for Happy Societies (IRAH) and Rangsit University, Thailand
- Lahiri, Sajal, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, USA
- Lew, Byron, Trent University, Canada
- Macleod, Andrew, Royal Holloway, University of London, UK
- Pradhan, Rudra P., Indian Institute of Technology, India
- Pugno, Maurizio, University of Cassino, Italy
- Radcliff, Benjamin, University of Notre Dame, USA
- Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Schöenherr, Siegfried, University of Munich, Germany
- Stutzer, Alois, University of Basel, Switzerland
- Thin, Neil, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Tonon, Graciela, Universidad de Palermo and Universidad Nacional de Lomas de Zamora, Argentina
- Veenhoven, Ruut, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Zarin, Milad, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
New Editor for International Journal of Happiness and Development
9 January, 2020
Dr. Parviz Dabir-Alai from Richmond University in the UK has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Happiness and Development. The previous Editor in Chief, Prof. Mak B. Arvin, will remain with the journal as Honorary Editor.