International Journal of Forensic Engineering
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Kong Fah Tee
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJFE seeks original contributions on the investigation of materials, products, structures or components that fail to perform, resulting in personal injury or loss of property. The scope is wider than failure analysis alone, and includes all aspects of forensic engineering and related fields.
Topics covered include
- Forensic practices
- Investigation methods
- Expert witnessing
- Codes, standards and guidelines
- Geo-forensic and structural failures
- Material degradation and mechanical failures
- System, product and operational failures
- Forensic electrical engineering
- Post-disaster damage assessment
- Remediation and rehabilitation
- Legal perspectives, ethical conduct and environmental concerns
- Insurance and loss adjustment
- Practices to reduce failures and disaster mitigation
The objectives of IJFE include raising awareness of current forensic engineering practices both to the forensic community itself and to a wider audience. An additional objective will be to attract contributors from experts world-wide to address related issues such as engineering disasters and learning from failure.
Professional forensic scientists and engineers, lawyers and paralegals, whether in government, academe or private practice will be a prime audience. It should extend to those who manage structural failure, design engineers, insurers, loss adjustors, assessors, field engineers and investigators. Final-year or post-graduate engineering and science students will also form a likely audience.
Case studies, singly or grouped, on practical and real world failure investigations will form the basic core of contributions. IJFE also publishes original papers, review papers and technical reports. Special Issues devoted to important topics in forensic engineering and selected papers from conferences will be occasionally published. Suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
Editor in Chief
- Tee, Kong Fah, University of Greenwich, UK
- Plevris, Vagelis, Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway
Editorial Board Members
- Augenti, Nicola, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Bayat, Mahmoud, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Bistouni, Fathollah, Islamic Azad University, Iran
- Carlton, John, City University London, UK
- Chen, Shen-En, University of North Carolina at Charlotte , USA
- Chen, Xingwei, Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development, USA
- Chiaia, Bernardino, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Da Silva, Marina Bezerra, Federal Institute of Piauí, Brazil
- Fiorentini, Luca, TECSA SPA, Italy
- Fowler, David W., The University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Gasser, Christian, Vienna Consulting Engineers, Austria
- Gharehbaghi, Koorosh, RMIT University, Australia
- Grzebieta, Raphael, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Hainsworth, Sarah, University of Leicester, UK
- Kaloo, Masood Ayoub, Government Degree College Shopian, India
- Kasanický, Gustáv, University of Žilina, Slovakia
- Lewis, Peter, The Open University, UK
- Matos, Jose Antonio, Minho University, Portugal
- Mikulec, Roman, Transport Research Centre, Czech Republic
- Mishra, Krishn Kumar, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, India
- Mustapha, Kamal Nasharuddin, Tenaga Nasional University, Malaysia
- Natarajan, C., National Institute of Technology, India
- Parfitt, Kevin, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Parisi, Fulvio, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Perovic, Doug, University of Toronto, Canada
- Phillips, Declan, University of Limerick, Ireland
- Poudel, Sajag, Syracuse University, USA
- Rada, Gonzalo R., AMEC Environment & Infrastructure, Inc., USA
- Saafi, Mohamed, Lancaster University, UK
- Samad, Abdul Aziz bin Abdul, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia, Malaysia
- Sargand, Shad, Ohio University, USA
- Sateesh, T.K., Dayananda Sagar University, India
- Singh, Tribhuvan, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, India
- Skibniewski, Miroslaw J., University of Maryland, USA
- Spagnoli, Andrea, University of Parma, Italy
- Thomas, Ian, I F Thomas & Associates Pty Ltd, Australia
- Vijayakumar, K., St. Joseph's Institute of Technology, India
- Wan Yusoff, Wan Ahmad Yusmawiza, Islamic University of Madinah, Saudi Arabia
- Yaragal, Subhash C., National Institute of Technology Karnataka, India
- Yogi, Manas, Pragati Engineering College (Autonomous), India
- Yuvaraja, T., Channabasaveshwara Institute of Technology, India
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.