International Journal of Engineering Management and Economics
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Corrado lo Storto
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
The scope and complexity of engineering responsibilities have dramatically changed during the past 20 years. As a consequence, engineers perform many management activities in modern companies. However engineering management differs from ordinary management since engineering managers possess both the ability to apply engineering principles and the skills for organising and directing people and projects. IJEME bridges the latest advances in the engineering management and engineering economics with a multidisciplinary perspective.
Topics covered include
- Creativity and technical entrepreneurship
- Technical organisations and their management
- Leadership and HRM; motivating/leading technical people
- Product development, R&D, design management
- Managing engineering and production operations
- Project planning, acquisition, organisation, leadership/control
- Financial management for engineers, cost estimation/accounting
- Decision-making processes
- Technology and knowledge management
- Planning, forecasting and marketing issues
- Project and risk management
- Economic decision/capital investment analysis; design/project economics
- Engineering management in the service industry
- Public policy analysis
The objectives of the IJEME are to further knowledge and research, as well as theory, methods and practice, in the field of engineering management and engineering economics. IJEME will be an international multidisciplinary forum for the exchange of ideas, experiences, theories, information and knowledge between people involved in engineering management and economic development of technologically-focused communities.
IJEME provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers, managers, and engineers working in the field of engineering management and economics to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work
IJEME publishes original, empirical and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries. Special Issues devoted to important topics in engineering management and engineering economics will occasionally be published
IJEME is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Business Collection (Gale)
IJEME is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- lo Storto, Corrado, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
Editorial Board Members
- Abdul-Kader, Walid, University of Windsor, Canada
- Albino, Vito, Technical University of Bari, Italy
- Anderson, Timothy R., Portland State University, USA
- Börjesson, Sofia, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Badawy, Michael K., Virginia Tech University, USA
- Bartezzaghi, Emilio, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Beckman, Sara L., University of California, USA
- Berg, Daniel, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Chakrabarti, Alok K., New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- Chen, Kuen-Suan, National Chin-Yi University of Technology, Taiwan
- Daim, Tugrul U., Portland State University, USA
- Dainty, Andrew, Loughborough University, UK
- Daughton, Bill, Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA
- Dawood, Nashwan, University of Teesside, UK
- De Neufville, Richard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Dessouky, Yasser, San Jose State University, USA
- Dolgui, Alexandre, IMT Atlantique, France
- Duffy, Alex, University of Strathclyde, UK
- Durrani, Tariq S., University of Strathclyde, UK
- Eppinger, Steven D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Fernandes, António S. C, Instituto Superior Técnico (Technical University of Lisbon), Portugal
- Ferreri, Domenico, Alenia Aeronautica S.p.A., Italy
- Frey, Dan, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Garza-Reyes, Jose Arturo, University of Derby, UK
- Gerosa, Sergio, Thales Alenia Space Italia, Italy
- Gray, William J., Washington State University, USA
- Hastak, Makarand (Mark), Purdue University, USA
- Hoffman, Edward J., The George Washington University, USA
- Jen-der, Day, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences, Taiwan
- Kaseb, Sayed, Cairo University, Egypt
- Katz, Ralph, Northeastern University and MIT, USA
- Lambert, James H., University of Virginia, USA
- Lawrence, Robert E., BAE Systems Inc, USA
- Malmborg, Charles J., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Nasr, Nabil, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
- Neely, Andy, Cranfield University, UK
- Parente, Diane H., Penn State Erie, USA
- Piller, Frank T., RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Roos, Daniel, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Sainfort, Francois, University of Minnesota, USA
- Triantis, Konstantinos P., Virginia Tech, USA
- Wilemon, David, Syracuse University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.