International Journal of Decision Sciences, Risk and Management
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Ioannis Lagoudis
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJDRSM aims at making an impact on people, organisations and societies by tackling real-life problems. Contributions to the journal provide managerial and policy insights, assisting in improving the wellbeing of people and communities. We expose our readers to innovative ideas, methods, frameworks, tools and solutions for improving their decision-making processes at strategic, operational and tactical levels. Contributions are both quantitative and qualitative, presenting a structured thought process that can be applied within industry and academia.
Topics covered include
- Decision making
- Strategic management
- Operations management
- Supply chain management
- Human resource management
- Risk management
- Information technology systems
- Artificial intelligence
- Quality management
IJDSRM aims to cultivate a multidisciplinary, as well as a thorough and analytic approach, to management and decision-making. It sets out to achieve its aims by promoting high-quality research, integration of scientific methods and research agendas, and sharing of practitioner experience and insight, as applied in the context of decision sciences, risk and management. Explicit and multidisciplinary research in these areas is particularly encouraged.
In addition IJDSRM maintains an international scope and a high-standard refereeing process for achieving its objectives. The journal welcomes research that advances, extends, or combines explicit or multidisciplinary decision science, risk and management research into novel schools of thought, as well as seminal and niche-shaping approaches, that allow decision makers to gain better insights into structured or unstructured and complex management problems that extend from the operational level all the way to strategic.
IJDSRM shapes its content from the research needs of a wide-ranging, but tightly focused set of groups that are actively involved in shaping and advancing the decision making, risk and management fields, including academics and researchers from management, operations research, finance, economics, information systems and technology, as well as decision-making stakeholder groups including company executives, government and policy makers, entrepreneurs and SMEs, regional and international institutions, non-governmental organisations and public-private-partnerships worldwide.
IJDRSM publishes original papers, review papers, case studies and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in decision science, risk and management will occasionally be published.
Submission to the journal must have the following qualities:
- Thought leadership: contributors need to have a very good understanding of the subject they present at both theoretical and applied levels
- Real life problems: it is important to present problems that stem from the community and provide insights for the improvement of the lives of the stakeholders involved
- Innovation: contributions should not be limited to presenting cutting-edge innovations but must also present ways of using and managing innovations
- Impact: when submitting an idea, focus should be given to the impact it has at industry, academic, social and policy levels
IJDSRM is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
IJDSRM is listed in:
- National Agency for Evaluation of the University and Research System (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Lagoudis, Ioannis, University of Piraeus, Greece
Editorial Board Members
- Agiomirgianakis, George M., The Hellenic Mediterranean University, Greece
- Basu, Dipak, Nagasaki University, Japan
- Bertrand, J. W. M., Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Dass, B. K., University of Delhi, India
- Dinopoulos, Elias, University of Florida, USA
- Gomes, Carlos Ferreira, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Grubbström, Robert W., Linköping Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Lagodimos, A., University of Piraeus, Greece
- Lisboa, João Veríssimo de Ol, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Ma, Louis Chee-Keung, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Mihiotis, Athanassios, Hellenic Open University, Greece
- Naim, Mohamed M., Cardiff University, UK
- Pappis, Costas P., University of Piraeus, Greece
- Pilbeam, Keith, City University (London), UK
- Tadei, Roberto, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Theotokas, Ioannis, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Thompson, Henry, Auburn University, USA
- Tsinopoulos, Christos-Dimitris, Durham University , UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Dr. Ioannis Lagoudis appointed as new Editor in Chief of International Journal of Decision Sciences, Risk and Management
8 September, 2023
Dr. Ioannis Lagoudis from the University of Piraeus in Greece has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Decision Sciences, Risk and Management.