International Journal of Diplomacy and Economy
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Gorazd Justinek
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
IJDipE is the first international journal devoted entirely to fostering/understanding issues interconnecting diplomacy and economy. Although diplomats state that they occupy more than 60% of their time with economic-related issues, economic diplomacy was/is often neglected. There have been huge changes in the field of diplomacy (globalisation, regionalisation, internet, social networks, new entrants in international field, e.g. NGOs, MNCs, etc.), belying the stereotype that diplomacy is old-fashioned. One constant has always been at the core of diplomacy – economy.
Topics covered include
- Economic diplomacy
- Development of diplomacy and economy
- Commercial diplomacy
- Export promotion
- Financial diplomacy and IMF, WB, OECD
- Diplomacy and globalisation
- NGOs and diplomacy
- Public diplomacy and business
- MNCs and diplomacy
- Regional entities and diplomacy
- Diplomacy and international trade
- Diplomacy and foreign direct investments
- Models of economic diplomacy
- SMEs and diplomacy support
- Macroeconomic indicators and diplomacy
The objectives of IJDipE are to develop, promote and coordinate research and practice in diplomacy and its interconnection with economy. It aims to help professionals working in the fields of economic diplomacy, financial diplomacy, commercial diplomacy and multinational economic, and financial institutions and policy makers. The journal aims to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, diplomats, experts, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of economic diplomacy.
IJDipE provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers working in the fields of diplomacy and economic diplomacy, along with export promotion agencies, chambers of commerce, multilateral/plurilateral/regional economic and financial institutions, MNCs and NGOs to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJDipE publishes original papers, review papers, case studies and book reviews.
Editor in Chief
- Justinek, Gorazd, Graduate School of Government and European Studies, Slovenia
- Ruël, Huub J.M., Windesheim University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
Honorary Advisory Board
- Bayne, Nicholas, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
- Bergeijk, Peter A.G. van, Erasmus University, Netherlands
- Melissen, Jan, University of Antwerp, Belgium and Clingendael Institute, Netherlands
- Rana, Kishan S., , India
Editorial Board Members
- Škare, Marinko, Juraj Dobrila University of Pula, Croatia
- Adler-Nissen, Rebecca, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Ahmed, Zafar U., Academy for Global Business Advancement, USA
- Arvin, Mak B., Trent University, Canada
- Bandov, Goran, University College of International Relations and Diplomacy Dag Hammarskjöld, Croatia
- Bobek, Vito, University of Applied Sciences FH Joanneum, Austria
- Csurgai, Gyula, World Learning SIT Study Abroad, Switzerland
- Georgiadou, Elena, Loughborough University, UK
- Grk, Peter, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Slovenia
- Hall, Martin, Lund University, Sweden
- Hocking, Brian, Loughborough University, UK
- Horvat, Tatjana, University of Primorska, Slovenia
- Host, Alen, University of Rijeka, Croatia
- Jiang, Yang, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Kostecki, Michel, Université de Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Kračun, Davorin, University of Maribor and Republic of Slovenia Fiscal Council, Slovenia
- Langhorne, Richard, Rutgers University and University of Buckingham, UK
- Lee, Donna, University of Kent, UK
- Marinko, Irena, International Business School, Slovenia
- Mudida, Robert, Strathmore University, Kenya
- Naray, Olivier, Université de Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Nobanee, Haitham, Abu Dhabi University, United Arab Emirates
- Okano-Heijmans, Maaike, Instituut Clingendael, Netherlands
- Pšeničny, Viljem, DOBA, Slovenia
- Panda, Gyana Ranjan, Central University of Rajasthan, India
- Pigman, Geoffrey Allen, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Rahten, Andrej, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Raicevic, Miroslav, Institute of Economic Diplomacy, Serbia
- Raškovič, Matevž, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Royer, Susanne, University of Flensburg, Germany
- Saner, Raymond, University of Basle, Sciences Po and Diplomacy Dialogue, Switzerland
- Sedej, Tanja, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
- Singh, Satyendra, Academy of Business and Emerging Markets and University of Winnipeg, Canada
- Skoko, Hazbo, Charles Sturt University, Australia
- Stringer, Kevin D., Webster University, Switzerland
- Svetličič, Marjan, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Udovič, Boštjan, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Waisová, Šárka Cabadová, University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, Czech Republic
- Xuefeng, Sun, Tsinghua University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.