International Journal of Critical Computer-Based Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Francesco Flammini
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJCCBS covers all topics related to the engineering of computer-based systems (CBS) employed in mission and safety-critical applications. CBS feature increasingly large, distributed and heterogeneous architectures, which complicate their design and analysis. CBS are not isolated computer systems: context awareness, environmental factors and interaction with systems of different natures have become important aspects. Furthermore, dependability, resiliency, trustworthiness, survivability and performability are some of the many essential and non-elementary properties which often need to be predicted and demonstrated for such systems.
Topics covered include
- Computer dependability
- High-assurance systems engineering
- Verification and validation
- Model-based software testing
- Formal methods
- Software fault-tolerance/rejuvenation
- Multi-paradigm modelling
- Fault injection, measurement based analysis
- FMECA, risk assessment and hazard analysis
- Control network and SCADA security
- Operating systems/protocols for real-time distributed systems
- Dependable computer architectures/middleware
- Self-checking and reconfigurable hardware
- Business continuity management
- Human-machine interaction and human factors
The objective of IJCCBS is to provide insights, methods and tools to support the design and analysis of complex critical CBS. It also aims at disseminating new standards, processes and technologies together with development and verification approaches supported by sound case-study applications and success stories. Issues related to methodological and technological transfers from/to other research fields are addressed as well. Due to the interdisciplinary nature of some topics, IJCCBS seeks self-contained and well-focused papers even on subjects which are not strictly related to computer science.
Readers of IJCCBS include professionals (system engineers, system integrators, RAMS consultants), researchers and information infrastructure managers who wish to acquire knowledge, develop skills and share their experience and points of view in the application field of complex CBS, including money-critical and life-critical systems (industrial control, fly/brake-by-wire, on-line transactional and web servers, biomedical apparels, networked devices for telecommunications, environmental monitoring, infrastructure protection, etc.).
IJCCBS publishes original research and survey papers as well as case-studies. Special issues on specific topics and applications will occasionally be published.
IJCCBS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
IJCCBS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Flammini, Francesco, Ansaldo STS, Italy
- Barkaoui, Kamel, Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers, France
- Vittorini, Valeria, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Weippl, Edgar, SBA Research, Austria
- Zamojski, Wojciech, Wroclaw School of Information Technology Horyzont, Poland
Editorial Board Members
- Bernardeschi, Cinzia, University of Pisa, Italy
- Blanquart, Jean-Paul, Astrium Satellites, France
- Bondavalli, Andrea, University of Florence, Italy
- Butler, Michael J., University of Southampton, UK
- Franceschinis, Giuliana, University of Piemonte Orientale, Italy
- Harper, Rick, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, USA
- Holzmann, Gerard, California Institute of Technology (Caltech) and NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, USA
- Impagliazzo, Leonardo, ANSALDO STS Italy, Italy
- Jurjens, Jan, Fraunhofer Institute for Software and Systems Engineering (ISST) and TU Dortmund, Germany
- Kanoun, Karama, LAAS-CNRS, France
- Karlsson, Johan, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Kelly, Tim, University of York, UK
- Margaria, Tiziana, University of Potsdam, Germany
- Mazzeo, Antonino, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Mazzocca, Nicola, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Mosterman, Pieter J., The MathWorks, Inc., USA
- Nanya, Takashi, Canon, Inc., Japan
- Neves, Nuno Ferreira, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
- Nordland, Odd, SINTEF ICT, Norway
- Pataricza, András, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Peris, Ricardo Jiménez, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Prinetto, Paolo, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Putney, Blake, Valador, USA
- Reza, Hassan, University of North Dakota, USA
- Romano, Luigi, University of Naples Parthenope, Italy
- Romanovsky, Alexander, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Saglietti, Francesca, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
- Spainhower, Lisa, IBM, USA
- Storey, Neil, University of Warwick, UK
- Suri, Neeraj, Technische University Darmstadt, Germany
- Trivedi, Kishor, Duke University, USA
- Vangheluwe, Hans, McGill University, Canada
- Vozella, Angela, CIRA (Italian Aerospace Research Center), Italy
- Waeselynck, Hélène, LAAS-CNRS , France
- Zimmermann, Armin, Technische Universität Ilmenau, Germany
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.