International Journal of Applied Systemic Studies
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Nikitas Assimakopoulos
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJASS is dedicated to publishing quality manuscripts on all aspects of systemic analysis, from both a practical and an academic viewpoint. It publishes contributions from practitioners and academics, as well as national and international policy- and standard-making bodies, and sets out to be the definitive international reference source for such information.
Topics covered include
- Conceptual systemic models, applications of systemic methodologies
- Applied [socio]cybernetics, ethical/living systems
- Complexity, chaos, self-organisation, [meta]control, viable systems
- Creativity, innovation, critical systems thinking, strategic/procedural systems design
- Digital service/workflow/legal systems, TQM, total systems intervention
- Education/learning communities, virtual enterprises/communities
- Emergence and neocybernetics, knowledge cybernetics systems
- Human-centred systems, human-computer interaction
- Interorganisational approaches, process reengineering
- Modelling/simulation, multiagent-based systems, pattern recognition systems
- Networks/global dynamics, system dynamics, new agora and global marketing
- Problem structuring/design systems, semantics, knowledge representation
- Social systems design and simulation, systemic multi-methodologies
- Systemic leadership/change, ontologies, systems thinking/archetypes
- Systems/metasystems and decisions/metadecisions, decision support systems
The mission of IJASS is to develop methodologies based on the laws and rules of various sciences. New designs and functional methodologies are composed for applications in business, operational and social, as well as biological, phenomena. The objectives of IJASS are to spread the science of systems and present the research and application results of its domain. As the science rapidly changes and grows, resources and time become more precious. IJASS provides the very best information and analysis to keep up to date with the latest developments and approaches to other scientific domains, through the application of systems approaches to them.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information on and experiences of studying the systems, and the methodologies, tools and products used to design, measure and achieve them.
- To promote awareness of the crucial role of systems studies in the effective construction of the information systems developed, used, and/or maintained by organisations in pursuit of their business objectives.
- To provide a vehicle for the publication of academic papers related to all aspects of soft and hard system approaches.
The readership of IJASS consists of academics, systems managers, computer scientists, information scientists, and researchers in applied system theory, as well as those involved in management, operations and political and social sciences in different scientific disciplines, i.e. universities, consulting firms, enterprises and industries.
IJASS publishes original work of an applied nature that significantly contributes to systems approaches. The journal also publishes book reviews and special issues devoted to important topics of a systemic nature. For special issues, IJASS accepts proposals on specific application domains of systems sciences, especially on emerging topics having focus on real systems or simulations based on representative traces from real systems. Review papers and technical reports are also welcome.
IJASS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJASS is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Assimakopoulos, Nikitas, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Antoniadis, Rallis, University of Piraeus, Greece
International Advisory Board
- Abbass, Hussein A., Defence and Security Applications Research Centre (DSA), Australia
- Andrew, Theo, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Angelis, Vasilis, University of the Aegean, Greece
- Athanasiadis, Ioannis N., IDSIA - Istituto Dalle Molle di Studi sull'Intelligenza Artificiale, Switzerland
- Banathy, Bela Antal, International Systems Institute, USA
- Barolli, Leonard, Fukuoka Institute of Technology (FIT), Japan
- Chan, Tony Y. T., The University of Akureyri, Iceland
- Chatzoglou, Prodromos, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece, Greece
- Chen, Shu-Ching, Florida International University, USA
- Christakis, Alexander N., CWA Ltd, USA
- Collen, Arne, Saybrook Graduate School and Research Center, USA
- Cull, Jane, Life's Natural Solutions (LNS), Australia
- Degtiar, Vladimir, Moscow State University, Russian Federation
- Deng, Zhi-Hong, Peking University, China
- Douligeris, Christos, University of Piraeus, Greece
- El-Darzi, Elia, University of Westminster, UK
- Fitch, Dale, University of Michigan, USA
- Flanagan, Thomas, Institute for 21st Century Agoras New England, USA
- Flynn, David, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Georgopoulos, Nikolaos, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Kalaidjieva, Magdalena A., Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria
- Klamma, Ralf, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Laouris, Yiannis, Cyprus Neuroscience & Technology Institute, Cyprus
- Leopoulos, Vrassidas, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Leydesdorff, Loet, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Li, Chang-Tsun, University of Warwick, UK
- Maani, Kambiz, University of Queensland, Australia
- Mulej, Matjaz, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Pagge, Jenny, University of Ioannina, Greece
- Reynolds, Martin, Open University, UK
- Rontos, Kostas, Aegean University, Greece
- Sheffield, Jim, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Shih, Timothy K., National Central University, Taiwan
- Sim, Ben K.M., Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Smith, Martin C. B., Middlesex University London, UK
- Snášel, Václav, FEI VSB-TU Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Strijbos, Sytse, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Tsagdis, Dimitrios, University of Hull, UK
- Tsivacou, Ioanna, Panteion University, Greece
- Wong, Kuan Yew, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Yolles, Maurice, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- Zhichang, Zhu, University of Hull, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.