American Journal of Finance and Accounting
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Mazhar M. Islam
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Finance and accounting are vital components of the business world. AJFA is an interdisciplinary journal for finance and accounting professionals in academia, governmental, and other organisations. AJFA will enhance research outlets for the finance and accounting disciplines in North America.
Topics covered include
- Asset pricing, corporate finance, corporate governance
- Investments, portfolio management, stock market
- Capital and financial markets and institutions, financial services regulations
- Financial innovation, derivative markets, insurance, banking, investment banking
- Real estate, estate planning, retirement planning, personal financial planning
- Mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and IPOs
- Accounting theory/practice, education, information systems
- Auditing, cost/tax accounting, government and non-profit accounting
- Accountability and social, ethical and environmental measurement/reporting
- Cultural, political and institutional impact on financial measurement/disclosure
- Asset pricing
- Corporate finance
- Corporate governance
- Portfolio management
- Capital markets and institutions
- Financial services regulations
- Financial innovation
- Derivative markets
- Investment banking
- Financial markets and institutions
- Stock market
- Real estate
- Estate planning
- Retirement planning
- Mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and IPOs
- Issues of personal financial planning
- Accounting education
- Accounting information systems
- Accounting theory and practice
- Cost accounting
- Tax accounting
- Government and non-profit accounting
- Accountability and social, ethical and environmental measurement and reporting
- Cultural, political and institutional impact on financial measurement and disclosure practices
- Accounting practices for intellectual capital and other intangible assets
- Audit quality and auditor skills
- Provision of non-audit services and impairment to auditor independence
- Audit committees and corporate internal control and internal auditing
- Audit expectations gap, and assessing, measuring and managing risk in auditing
- Management accounting, control and use of key performance indicators
- Assessing, measuring and managing risk in performance evaluation
- Public sector and not-for-profit accounting
More on this journal...
AJFA is dedicated to publishing high quality research papers focusing specifically on finance and accounting issues in North America.
With a broadly defined scope, AJFA provides a valuable research and reference source for finance and accounting researchers, educators, students, policy makers, financial planners, forecasters and analysts, accounting and auditing professionals, bankers, and other decision makers in governmental, non-profit and financial institutions. AJFA caters for a readership not only within North American regions but also amongst those from outside with an interest in finance and accounting issues.
AJFA publishes rigorous, original and high quality scholarly papers dealing with theoretical, empirical, applied, surveys, and case studies providing meaningful insights into the subject areas.
AJFA is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
AJFA is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Islam, Mazhar M., Florida A&M University, USA
- Berg-Andreassen, Jan A., Infratrans Group, LLC, USA
- Cai, Wenbo (Selina), New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- Ely, David P., San Diego State University, USA
- Essayyad, Musa, McNeese State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Chong, Gin, Texas A&M University - Prairie View, USA
- Elike, Uchenna, Alabama A&M University, USA
- Faseruk, Alex, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- Hassab-Elnaby, Hassan, The University of Toledo, USA
- Karbhari, Yusuf, Cardiff University, UK
- Karlen-Ng, Alex, University of Northern British, Canada
- Laitinen, Erkki K., University of Vaasa, Finland
- Musazi, Buagu, Morgan State University, USA
- Ngassam, Christopher, Grambling State University, USA
- Ogden, William A., University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire, USA
- Rahgozar, Reza, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, USA
- Rao, N Maruti, Rani Channamma University, India
- Rossi, Fabrizio, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, Italy
- Tengesdal, Mark O., Texas Woman's University, USA
- Tseng, K.C., California State University at Fresno, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.