- Foundations of intelligent informatics
- Information storage and retrieval
- Information security, integrity, privacy and trust
- Knowledge discovery and ontology engineering
- Computational intelligence and soft computing
- Autonomous agents, autonomy-oriented computation, multi-agent systems
- Cognitive systems
- Bayesian learning systems and complex adaptive systems
- Self-organising learning systems, artificial neural networks, fuzzy inference systems
- Artificial immune systems and swarm intelligence systems
- Evolutionary computation, and DNA/cellular/molecular computing
- Ubiquitous, grid and high performance computing
- Rough sets and granular computing
- Social/engineering intelligence, web intelligence/mining
- Human-computer interaction, virtual reality in engineering applications
More on this journal...
The main objectives of IJIEI are to foster a new discipline called 'intelligent engineering informatics' and establish an effective discussion platform between academic and research institutions, engineering management agencies, and persons concerned with intelligent informatics and its engineering applications. At the same time, it also aims to promote developments in the fields of intelligent informatics, knowledge sciences and engineering management sciences.Readership
IJIEI provides an effective channel of communication between computer scientists, information engineers, engineering technology and management staff, engineering decision makers, as well as related academics and practitioners. The readership will have a wide range across the world.
IJIEI publishes original research papers, technical surveys, case studies and short communications. Special Issues devoted to important topics in intelligent engineering informatics will occasionally be published.
IJIEI is indexed in:
IJIEI is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Li, Jianping, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Sapidis, Nickolas S., University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Ching, Wai-Ki, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Grecos, Christos, University of the West of Scotland, UK
- Huang, Wei, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Azar, Ahmad Taher, Benha University, Egypt
- Bouras, Abdelaziz, Université de Lyon - Lumiere Lyon II, France
- Coello Coello, Carlos A., CINVESTAV-IPN, Mexico
- Deb, Suash, C. V. Raman College of Engineering, India
- Dutta, Debasish, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Garg, Sandeep Kumar, Banaras Hindu University, India
- Hüllermeier, Eyke, University of Marburg, Germany
- Herrera, Francisco, University of Granada, Spain
- Jin, Hai, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Kacprzyk, Janusz, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Kaynak, Okyay, Bogazici University, Turkey
- Kesavadas, Thenkurussi, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
- Kim, Dongseung, Korea University, Republic of Korea
- Kim, Jin Suk, University of Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Kou, Gang, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, China
- Loia, Vincenzo, University of Salerno, Italy
- Luo, Siwei, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
- Moore, Philip, University College Falmouth, UK
- Okuda, Hiroshi, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Patrikalakis, Nicholas M., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Pedrycz, Witold, University of Alberta, Canada
- Priol, Thierry, INRIA Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique, France
- Teo, Yong Meng, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Tounsi, Mohamed, Prince Sultan University, Saudi Arabia
- Turunen, Esko, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Wang, Cho-Li, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Yu, Lean, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Zhao, Yuxin, Harbin Engineering University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.