- Artificial immune systems and swarm intelligence systems
- Autonomous agents, autonomy-oriented computation, multi-agent systems
- Chaos theory and intelligent control systems
- Computational intelligence and soft computing
- Cognitive systems
- Knowledge discovery and ontology engineering
- Evolutionary computation and DNA/cellular/molecular computing
- Fault detection, fault analysis and diagnostics
- Human-computer interaction, virtual reality in engineering applications
- Information storage, security, integrity, privacy and trust
- Machine vision and image processing
- Pattern recognition, speech recognition and synthesis
- Rough sets and granular computing
- Social/engineering intelligence, web intelligence/mining
- Ubiquitous, grid and high performance computing
More on this journal...
The main objectives of IJIEI are to foster the discipline of ‘intelligent engineering informatics' and establish an effective discussion platform between academic and research institutions, engineering management agencies, and persons concerned with intelligent informatics and its engineering applications. At the same time, it also aims to promote developments in the fields of intelligent informatics, computational intelligence, soft computing, chaos theory and control systems.Readership
IJIEI provides an effective channel for academics, researchers, engineers and technologists, working in the broad areas of intelligent systems and development-related technologies including robotics, mechatronics, artificial intelligence, computer science, computational intelligence, soft computing, control systems, chaos theory, advanced computing and modelling, as well as their applications in manufacturing, bioengineering, agriculture, horticulture, space and medical fields, to disseminate information and to learn from each other’s work. The readership will have a wide range across the world.
IJIEI publishes original research papers and state-of-the-art review papers which cover new developments, innovations and future trends in the field, as well as new methodologies, techniques and case studies. Special Issues devoted to important topics in intelligent engineering informatics will occasionally be published. Technical notes, briefs and reports are also published to discuss new technical concepts and developments, and new applications of existing techniques.
IJIEI is indexed in:
IJIEI is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Azar, Ahmad Taher, Benha University, Egypt
- Sapidis, Nickolas S., University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Vaidyanathan, Sundarapandian, Vel Tech University, India
Regional Editor Asia
- Dey, Nilanjan, Bengal College of Engineering and Technology, India
Regional Editor Middle East
- Hassanien, Aboul Ella, Cairo University, Egypt
Editorial Board Members
- Awasthi, Anjali, Concordia University, Canada
- Garg, Sandeep Kumar, Banaras Hindu University, India
- Hannah Inbarani, H., Periyar University, India
- Karawash, Ahmad, University of Quebec at Chicoutimi, Canada
- Malek, Jihene, Higher Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology Sousse, Tunisia
- Moore, Philip, University College Falmouth, UK
- Nizar Banu, P. K., B.S. Abdur Rahman University, India
- Ramadan, Rabie A., Cairo University, Egypt
- Rhif, Ahmed, High Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology, Tunisia
- Rokbani, Nizar, ISSAT - University of Sousse, Tunisia
- Salem, Mohammed Abdel-Megeed M., Ain Shams University, Egypt
- Sassi-Hidri, Minyar, National Engineering School of Tunis (ENIT), Tunisia
- Turunen, Esko, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Volos, Christos, Hellenic Army Academy, Greece
- Xu, Jin, Behavior Matrix LL, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.