- Lodging management and operations
- Restaurant management and catering
- Service management
- Guests from emerging markets
- Host and guest interactions
- Globalization in hospitality and event
- Information technology in hospitality and event
- Customer loyalty
- Event planning and coordination
- Event impacts
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, Exhibitions (MICE)
- Sport events
- Special events
More on this journal...
IJHEM aims to be the leading channel for research in hospitality and event management, publishing significant articles that address the new needs of the industry using theoretical and/or empirical research approaches. It also aims to act as forum for exchanging new ideas, research results and sharing best practices in the industry.
IJHEM provides scholars with informative research-based articles to advance the research agenda, managers with practical recommendations to grow their businesses, and governments with implications to form appropriate regulations/policies and manage communities sustainably.Contents
IJHEM publishes refereed papers, invited articles, research notes, book reviews, commentaries and case studies relevant to both academics and practitioners. Special Issues devoted to important topics in hospitality and event management will occasionally be published.
IJHEM is indexed in:
IJHEM is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Lu, Ying (Tracy), University of Kentucky, USA
- Zhou, Zongqing, Niagara University, USA
- Adler, Howard, Purdue University, USA
- Cai, Liping A., Purdue Tourism & Hospitality Research Center, USA
- Chon, Kaye, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
Editorial Board Members
- Ali-Knight, Jane, Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- Austin, Nathan K., Morgan State University, USA
- Bartkus, Kenneth R., Utah State University, USA
- Brown, Desmond, University of Kentucky, USA
- Chapman, Anya, Liverpool Hope University, UK
- Cheng, Li, Sichuan University, China
- EKIZ, Erdogan H., King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
- Genc, Ruhet, Istanbul Bilgi University – Laureate International Universities, Turkey
- Hji-Avgoustis, Sotiris, Indiana University, USA
- Huang, Joy (Zhuowei), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Janes, Patty, Grand Valley State University, USA
- Jenkins, Ian, Les Roches-Gruyère University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
- Jin, Cathy (Xin), Griffith University, Australia
- Korstanje, Maximiliano E., University of Palermo, Argentina
- Kwansa, Francis A., University of Delaware, USA
- Lee, Jenny (Jiyeon), University of New South Wales, Australia
- Li, Mimi, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
- Lockstone-Binney, Leonie, Victoria University, Australia
- Mohsin, Asad, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Nunkoo, Robin, University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- O'Connor, Noëlle, Limerick Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Ogle, Alfred, Australian School of Management, Australia
- Sciarini, Michael, Grand Valley State University, USA
- Scott-Halsell, Sheila, Texas Tech University, USA
- Smith, Wayne William, College of Charleston, USA
- Sutton, John, Middlesex University, United Arab Emirates
- Van der Rest, Jean-Pierre I., International University of Hospitality Management, Netherlands
- Van Niekerk, Mathilda, University of Central Florida, USA
- Wang, Xuan (Lorna), University of West London, UK
- Whitfield, Julie, Bournemouth University, UK
- Xie, Philip F., Bowling Green State University, USA
- Zhang, Lili, South China University of Technology, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.