- Lodging management and operations
- Restaurant management and catering
- Service management
- Guests from emerging markets
- Host and guest interactions
- Globalization in hospitality and event
- Information technology in hospitality and event
- Customer loyalty
- Event planning and coordination
- Event impacts
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, Exhibitions (MICE)
- Sport events
- Special events
More on this journal...
IJHEM aims to be the leading channel for research in hospitality and event management, publishing significant articles that address the new needs of the industry using theoretical and/or empirical research approaches. It also aims to act as forum for exchanging new ideas, research results and sharing best practices in the industry.
IJHEM provides scholars with informative research-based articles to advance the research agenda, managers with practical recommendations to grow their businesses, and governments with implications to form appropriate regulations/policies and manage communities sustainably.Contents
IJHEM publishes refereed papers, invited articles, research notes, book reviews, commentaries and case studies relevant to both academics and practitioners. Special Issues devoted to important topics in hospitality and event management will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJHEM is indexed in:
IJHEM is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Lu, Ying (Tracy), University of Kentucky, USA
- Zhou, Zongqing, Niagara University, USA
- Adler, Howard, Purdue University, USA
- Cai, Liping A., Purdue Tourism & Hospitality Research Center, USA
- Chon, Kaye, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
Editorial Board Members
- Ali-Knight, Jane, Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- Austin, Nathan K., Morgan State University, USA
- Bartkus, Kenneth R., Utah State University, USA
- Brown, Desmond, University of Kentucky, USA
- Chapman, Anya, Liverpool Hope University, UK
- Cheer, Joseph M., Monash University, Australia
- Cheng, Li, Sichuan University, China
- Del Chiappa, Giacomo, University of Sassari, Italy
- Dodds, Rachel, Ryerson University, Canada
- Dong, Erwei, United States Sports Academy, USA
- Dunning, John, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Genc, Ruhet, Istanbul Bilgi University Laureate International Universities, Turkey
- Hji-Avgoustis, Sotiris, Indiana University, USA
- Huang, Joy (Zhuowei), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Janes, Patty, Grand Valley State University, USA
- Jin, Cathy (Xin), Griffith University, Australia
- Korstanje, Maximiliano E., University of Palermo, Argentina
- Lee, Jenny (Jiyeon), University of New South Wales, Australia
- Li, Mimi, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
- Lockstone-Binney, Leonie, Victoria University, Australia
- Michopoulou, Elina (Eleni), University of Derby, UK
- Mohsin, Asad, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- O'Connor, NoŽlle, Limerick Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Ogle, Alfred, Australian School of Management, Australia
- Scott-Halsell, Sheila, Texas Tech University, USA
- Slabbert, Elmarie, North-West University, South Africa
- Smith, Wayne William, College of Charleston, USA
- Sutton, John, Middlesex University, United Arab Emirates
- Van der Rest, Jean-Pierre I., Leiden University, Netherlands
- Van Niekerk, Mathilda, University of Central Florida, USA
- Wang, Xuan (Lorna), University of West London, UK
- Wei, Wei, University of Central Florida, USA
- Xie, Philip F., Bowling Green State University, USA
- Zhang, Lili, South China University of Technology, China
- Ziakas, Vassilios, University of St Mark & St John, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF)†is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.