- Forensic practices
- Investigation methods
- Expert witnessing
- Codes, standards and guidelines
- Geo-forensic and structural failures
- Material degradation and mechanical failures
- System, product and operational failures
- Forensic electrical engineering
- Post-disaster damage assessment
- Remediation and rehabilitation
- Legal perspectives, ethical conduct and environmental concerns
- Insurance and loss adjustment
- Practices to reduce failures and disaster mitigation
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJFE include raising awareness of current forensic engineering practices both to the forensic community itself and to a wider audience. An additional objective will be to attract contributors from experts world-wide to address related issues such as engineering disasters and learning from failure.
Professional forensic scientists and engineers, lawyers and paralegals, whether in government, academe or private practice will be a prime audience. It should extend to those who manage structural failure, design engineers, insurers, loss adjustors, assessors, field engineers and investigators. Final-year or post-graduate engineering and science students will also form a likely audience.Contents
Case studies, singly or grouped, on practical and real world failure investigations will form the basic core of contributions. IJFE also publishes original papers, review papers and technical reports. Special Issues devoted to important topics in forensic engineering and selected papers from conferences will be occasionally published. Suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
More on permissions
IJFE is indexed in:
IJFE is listed in:
This journal is yet to be included in any lists or directories.
Editor in Chief
- Tee, Kong Fah, University of Greenwich, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Augenti, Nicola, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Carlton, John, City University London, UK
- Chen, Shen-En, University of North Carolina at Charlotte , USA
- Chen, Xingwei, Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development, USA
- Chiaia, Bernardino, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Fiorentini, Luca, TECSA SPA, Italy
- Fowler, David W., The University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Grzebieta, Raphael, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Hainsworth, Sarah, University of Leicester, UK
- Kasanický, Gustáv, University of Žilina, Slovakia
- Lewis, Peter, The Open University, UK
- Mustapha, Kamal Nasharuddin, Tenaga Nasional University, Malaysia
- Natarajan, C., National Institute of Technology, India
- Parfitt, Kevin, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Parisi, Fulvio, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Perovic, Doug, University of Toronto, Canada
- Phillips, Declan, University of Limerick, Ireland
- Rada, Gonzalo R., AMEC Environment & Infrastructure, Inc., USA
- Saafi, Mohamed, University of Strathclyde, UK
- Samad, Abdul Aziz bin Abdul, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia, Malaysia
- Sargand, Shad, Ohio University, USA
- Skibniewski, Miroslaw J., University of Maryland, USA
- Thomas, Ian, I F Thomas & Associates Pty Ltd, Australia
- Wan Yusoff, Wan Ahmad Yusmawiza, International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Yaragal, Subhash C., National Institute of Technology Karnataka, India
- Yuvaraja, T., Sri Sairam College of Engineering, India
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.