World Review of Intermodal Transportation Research
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. Violeta Roso
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1.6
There is an increasing demand for transportation solutions that are responsive, safe, sustainable, smart and cost-efficient. This has resulted in increased emphasis on responsive intermodal transportation systems. WRITR provides an international forum for the critical evaluation and dissemination of research and development in all areas related to intermodal transportation. Research disseminated via WRITR has significant impact on both theory and practice, and is of value to academics, practitioners and policy makers in this field.
Topics covered include
- International trade and transportation
- Infrastructure, network design and optimisation
- Design, planning and control of transportation systems
- Intermodal, intelligent and sustainable transportation solutions
- Transportation modes (air, rail, road, sea, pipe)
- Transportation cost/benefit analysis
- Railroad, terminal and port development
- Port/terminal operations and management
- Warehousing and inventory management
- Transportation regulations, standards and security
- Environmental impact, liability and insurance
- Risk analysis and management
- Information technology and decision support systems
- Strategic alliances and relationship management
- Government involvement and incentives
The objectives of WRITR are
(1) to collect and disseminate original and high-quality research in all areas related to transportation, logistics and supply chain management, with a particular focus on intermodal transportation;
(2) to disseminate research with strong implications for both theory and practice to academics, practitioners and policy makers in this field; and
(3) to provide an international forum for the critical evaluation and dissemination of research and development in this field.
WRITR's readership consists of academics, practitioners and policy makers in all areas related to transportation, logistics and supply chain management with a particular interest in intermodal transportation.
The contents of WRITR consist of research papers, review papers, conceptual papers, research notes, industry notes, conference reports and book reviews.
WRITR is indexed in:More indexes...
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- TRID [Transportation Research Information Services + ITRD] (Transportation Research Board)
WRITR is listed in:
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
Editor in Chief
- Roso, Violeta, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Hilletofth, Per, Jönköping University, Sweden
- Pimenta, Márcio Lopes, Federal University of Uberlândia, Brazil
- Rhoades, Dawna L., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
- Wu, Richard Cheng-Lung, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Vural, Ceren Altuntas, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Editorial Board Members
- Ali, Mohd Helmi, National University of Malaysia, Malaysia
- Ambra, Tomas, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
- Azevedo, Jovane Medina, Santa Catarina State University, Brazil
- Behdani, Behzad, Wageningen University and Research, Netherlands
- Black, John, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Braga, Vitor, Polytechnic of Porto, Portugal
- Brnjac, Nikolina, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Browne, Michael, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Chanchaichujit, Janya, Walailak University, Thailand
- Coto-Millán, Pablo, University of Cantabria, Spain
- Cullinane, Kevin, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Daud, Norzaidi Mohd, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia
- Duarte, Fábio, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Ekwall, Daniel, University of Borås, Sweden
- Eriksson, David, Jönköping University, Sweden
- Evangelista, Pietro, National Research Council (CNR), Italy
- Fan, Wei (David), University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
- Filina-Dawidowicz, Ludmiła, West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin, Poland
- Ganji, S.S., Islamic Azad University, Iran
- Goetz, Andrew Robert, University of Denver, USA
- Gudmundsson, Sveinn Vidar, Toulouse Business School, France
- Gujar, Girish, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Gupta, Aman, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Worldwide, USA
- Halpern, Nigel, Oslo School of Management, Norway
- Hazen, Benjamin T., Air Force Institute of Technology, USA
- Hedenstierna, Philip, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Hilmola, Olli-Pekka, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Hu, Jiayao, Coventry University, UK
- Juntunen, Jouni, University of Oulu, Finland
- Karacasu, Murat, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Turkey
- Kotzab, Herbert, Universität Bremen, Germany
- Kuyucak, Ferhan, Anadolu University, Turkey
- Lee, Tzong-Ru (Jiun-Shen), National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Lozano, Rodrigo, University of Gävle, Sweden
- Lu, Pan, North Dakota State University, USA
- Luna, Mônica M. M., Santa Catarina Federal University, Brazil
- Monios, Jason, Kedge Business School, France
- Mounir, Benaissa, University of Sfax, Tunisia
- Ng, Adolf K.Y., University of Manitoba, Canada
- Notteboom, Theo, Shanghai Maritime University, China
- O'Mahony, Margaret, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Pujawan, Nyoman, Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology, Indonesia
- Russell, Dawn, University of North Florida, USA
- Sanchez-Diaz, Ivan, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Sgroi, Filippo, University of Palermo, Italy
- Svensson, Göran, Kristiana University College, Norway
- Tadic, Snežana, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Twrdy, Elen, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Wang, Yacan, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
- Wiegmans, Bart, TU Delft, Netherlands
- Williams, Michael J., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
- Wilmsmeier, Gordon, Universidad de los Andes, Colombia
- Wiseman, Yair, Bar-Ilan University, Israel
- Woxenius, Johan, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Xu, Xun, California State University, Stanislaus, USA
- Yen, Jin-Ru, National Taiwan Ocean University, Taiwan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Pandemic effects on small companies
8 June, 2021
Everyone the world over has been left unaffected by the emergence of a novel coronavirus, named SARS-CoV-2 in late 2019, which led to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Our lives have been disrupted enormously by the medical, social, and economic implications of this lethal disease. Writing in the World Review of Intermodal Transportation Research, a team from Finland offers a view from the small business manufacturing and logistics perspective in Finland. Olli-Pekka Hilmola and Oskari Lähdeaho of LUT University, Kouvola Unit, point out that medium and large companies have continued to serve their customers and some have performed well in certain sectors [...]More details...