International Journal of Virtual Technology and Multimedia
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Charles Xiaoxue Wang
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJVTM is devoted to original papers employing virtual technology and multimedia systems in science, social sciences, engineering and education. It publishes high-quality papers that report research addressing issues and concerns in the fields of virtual technology and multimedia and share their innovative uses to solve practical problems in different fields. IJVTM provides a forum for scientists, researchers, engineers, educators and vendors from different disciplines that will significantly benefit a wide variety of academic and industrial sectors.
Topics covered include
- Innovative uses of virtual reality and multimedia to solve practical problems
- Systematical analysis, assessment and evaluation of virtual reality and multimedia systems and their impacts
- Virtual reality/multimedia-based training/education
- Research and evaluation of virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality
- Design and development of virtual reality and multimedia immersive environments, multimedia techniques, simulations and games
- Cultural heritage, philosophical/ethical/societal/international issues, standards-related virtual technology and multimedia uses
- Human-machine interface design, graphics modelling, rendering/animation, image/graphics techniques/systems, visualisation
- Virtual reality technology/software, software engineering
The purpose of IJVTM is to disseminate technical information through quarterly publications of permanent interest, as well as innovations in the area of virtual technology and multimedia systems applied to science, medicine and engineering.
The readership to benefit most from IJVTM includes engineers, designers, ergonomists, systems engineers, software developers, computer scientists, medical researchers and practitioners, students, educators and members of the general science community.
IJVTM encourages papers in all areas of virtual reality technology and multimedia systems. The specific topic areas of IJVTM are interdisciplinary scientific and technological areas integrating science, engineering, information science and technology, and medicine. IJVTM publishes papers related to the underlying theory, design, implementation, effectiveness and impact of virtual technology and multimedia systems in science and engineering. It invites leading virtual reality and multimedia technology researchers and practitioners to submit high quality research papers, application briefs, technology and software reviews and technical notes. State-of-the-art review articles, case studies, short communications and letters from a wide variety of sources dealing with all aspects of the subject may also be included.
Editor in Chief
- Wang, Charles Xiaoxue, Florida Gulf Coast University, USA
- Avis, Nick, Cardiff University, UK
- Durresi, Arjan, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Bagnara, Sebastiano, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- De Antonio, Angelica, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
- Douglas, Ian, Learning Systems Institute, USA
- Hollnagel, Erik, University of Linköping, Sweden
- Jain, Raj, Nayna Networks, Inc., USA
- Kamel, Ibrahim, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Kankanhalli, Mohan S., National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Lindgaard, Gitte, , Canada
- Reddy, J.N., Texas A&M University, USA
- Roccetti, Marco, University of Bologna, Italy
- Serra, Jean, Ecole des Mines de Paris, France
- Stanton, Neville, University of Southampton, UK
- Trappl, Robert, Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence (OFAI), Austria
- Wohn, KwangYun, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.