International Journal of Vehicle Information and Communication Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. Zhenling Liu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.0 (2022)
Information and communication systems of vehicles are the keys to make vehicles and transport systems smart. IJVICS focuses on novel/enhanced theories and applications of these two systems and their integration. It provides a forum for this important research area where the systems may assist the driver or even control the vehicle, big data analysis may help manufacturers build more convenient, comfortable and safer vehicles and the results may also be used to improve safety, efficiency and convenience of transport systems.
Topics covered include
- Vehicular computers, human-machine interfaces, sensors and meters
- Real-time data processing, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, modelling and simulation
- Intelligent transportation, vehicle information, industrial IoT in vehicles
- Cooperative/V2V/V2I communications
- Positioning, localisation, navigation, mobility management
- Communication theory/protocols
- Vehicular wireless access technology
- Collision avoidance systems, vehicle behaviour models
- Quality of service, security, environmentally aware services
- Cooperative driving, intelligent/self-driving vehicles
- New energy vehicle and data management
- Cyber-physical systems
- Embedded vehicle engineering
- Engineering design of optimal systems
IJVICS aims to highlight how information flow and communication takes place, as well as their interaction, effects and implications between systems and subsystems within the vehicle itself, between the vehicle and other vehicles and between the vehicle and the surrounding environment. Effects of such interaction on the driver, passengers and their safety; the associated environmental implications are also emphasised.
Professionals, academics, researchers, and managers.
IJVICS publishes papers which represent original research, development and applications, as well as case studies, review papers and technical reports.
IJVICS is indexed in:More indexes...
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- TRID [Transportation Research Information Services + ITRD] (Transportation Research Board)
IJVICS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Liu, Zhenling, Henan University of Technology, China
- Mall, Rajib, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
- Sheu, Jiang-Ping, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Wu, Jie, Temple University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Byon, Young-ji, Northwestern College, USA
- Cengiz, Korhan, Trakya University, Turkey
- Chao, Chih-Min, National Taiwan Ocean University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Eiza, Max Hashem, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- Gowda, Dankan V., B.M.S Institute of Technology and Management, India
- Huang, Yanjun, Tongji University, China
- Kolandaisamy, Raenu, UCSI University, Malaysia
- Kumar, Pradeep, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Lee, SuKyoung, Yonsei University, South Korea
- Nguyen, Ngoc Tu, Purdue University Fort Wayne, USA
- Onyema, Edeh Michael, Coal City University, Nigeria
- Ponnusamy, Vijayakumar, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, India
- Reddy, Alavalapati Goutham, Fontbonne University, USA
- Sahoo, Prasan Kumar, Chang Gung University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Yuvaraja, T., Channabasaveshwara Institute of Technology, India
- Zhang, Ning, University of Waterloo, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.