International Journal of Spatial, Temporal and Multimedia Information Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Wassim Jaziri
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJSTMIS is an international peer-reviewed journal covering innovative research and practice in the rapidly advancing area of computer science related to new generations of information systems. Taking a multidisciplinary approach, IJSTMIS encourages both fundamental and applied research papers that report on activities related to new research and development at the interface of spatial, temporal and multimedia studies as well as associated fields.
Topics covered include
- Geographic information systems
- Temporal systems, real-time systems
- Multimedia systems, techniques, simulation, database management
- Spatio-temporal data management and modelling
- Query languages, temporal and spatial data mining and data warehousing
- Mobile/nomadic computing, mobile systems, moving objects
- Pervasive and ubiquitous computing
- Hardware and software solutions for spatial, real-time and multimedia systems
- Real-time applications, intelligent transport
- E-technologies and mobile technologies
- Semantic information systems
- Human-computer interfaces
- Geomatics, spatial analysis, spatial decision aids
- Environmental sciences, regional development, natural resources management, etc.
- New generations of information systems
Located at the confluence of related and rapidly advancing domains, IJSTMIS aims to provide a forum for disseminating original research and experiences in the expanding uses of computer science for spatial, temporal and multimedia studies as well as newly-emerging topics. Thereby, its objective is to be an effective channel of communication between academic and industrial researchers in these domains in which advances in both worlds are very closely coupled.
IJSTMIS has a dual emphasis and serves as a common forum for frontline industrial developments as well as pioneering academic research. It provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers working in the field of spatial, temporal and multimedia information systems, as well as emerging new topics, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJSTMIS publishes high quality original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in new generations of information systems will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Jaziri, Wassim, Taibah University, Saudi Arabia and Sfax University, Tunisia
- Mainguenaud, Michel, INSA Rouen, France
Editorial Board Members
- Albdaiwi, Bader, Kuwait University, Kuwait
- Bajjali, William, University of Wisconsin – Superior, USA
- Belghith, Abdelfettah, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Bouaziz, Rafik, University of Sfax, Tunisia
- Chow, Chi-Yin, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Claramunt, Christophe, Naval Academy Research Institute , France
- Clementini, Eliseo, University of L’Aquila, Italy
- Delavar, Mahmoud Reza, University of Tehran, Iran
- Dong, Pinliang, University of North Texas, USA
- Duvallet, Claude, University of Le Havre, France
- Faiz, Sami, University of Jendouba, Tunisia
- Falquet, Gilles, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Fukuta, Naoki, Shizuoka University , Japan
- Huang, Helen, University of Queensland, Australia
- Joliveau, Thierry, Université Jean Monnet - Saint-Etienne, France
- Li, Xiang, East China Normal University, China
- Meng, Xiaolin, University of Nottingham, UK
- Millward, Hugh, Saint Mary's University, Canada
- O'Hare, Gregory, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Obermeyer, Nancy, Indiana State University, USA
- Pantazis, Dimos, TEI Athens, Greece
- Posegga, Joachim, University of Passau, Germany
- Roche, Stéphane, Université Laval, Canada
- Roussey, Catherine, Irstea/Cemagref, France
- Sedes, Florence, Université Paul Sabatier, France
- Smit, Julian, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Teller, Jacques, Université de Liège, Belgium
- Wachowicz, Monica, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Weber, Christiane, University of Strasbourg, France
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.