International Journal of Spatio-Temporal Data Science
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Sugam Sharma
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
The rapid pace of data growth through proliferating, disparate location-sensing sources has given rise to a paradigm shift in how new age spatio-temporal (big) data is processed. Confidence in existing/traditional data engineering capabilities is gradually fading, triggering an urgent need for the next generation data management and analytical frameworks to deal with scalable spatio-temporal big data. IJSTDS addresses the issues/challenges increasingly posed by overly complex and geographically distributed spatio-temporal data, a rapidly growing area in the realm of big data.
Topics covered include
- Algorithms, applications, and challenges
- Empowering GIS with (big) data and geo-spatial intelligence
- Spatio-temporal (big) data in remote sensing, photogrammetry and computing
- Next generation technologies
- Spatio-temporal data engineering with MapReduce and Hadoop
- Scalable spatio-temporal data analytics issues and challenges
- NoSQL solutions
- Scalable geospatial analytics for satellite and aerial imagery
- Rich and interactive visual and media analytics
- Query advancements
- Cloud computing support
- As-a-Service cloud evolution
- Geomatics, spatial analysis and decision aids
- Scalable geospatial analytics for smart and precision agriculture
- Internet of Things (IoT) evolution and spatio-temporal data
As data-driven research is rapidly gaining momentum, IJSTDS intends to publish high-quality scholarly original research on all aspects of spatio-temporal data science. The primary mission of IJSTDS is to be instrumental in the advancements of contemporary spatio-temporal data science. It focuses on improvement and development of new tools and techniques, algorithms for spatio-temporal data science and a wide variety of data-driven applied research across diverse domains.
The intended audience of IJSTDS will be researchers from academia and industry and practitioners who deal with spatio-temporal data from the various relevant domains. The readership will include academics, applied statisticians, archivists, consultants, data analysts and data miners, database administrators, educators and graduate students, engineers, librarians, management scientists, operation researchers, policy makers, problem solvers and decision makers, programmers, and strategic planners.
IJSTDS publishes high quality original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in spatio-temporal data science will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Sharma, Sugam, Iowa State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Amirian, Pouria, University of Oxford, UK
- Basiri, Anahid, University of Southampton, UK
- Bojic, Iva, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Chang, Victor, Xi'an Jiaotong Liverpool University, China
- Chehbi-Gamoura, Samia, University of Strasbourg, France
- Gadia, Shashi, Iowa State University, USA
- Goundar, Sam, The University of the South Pacific, Fiji
- Hsu, Ching-Hsien, Asia University, Taiwan
- Hu, Jinyu (Jenny), Stanford University, USA
- Iglesias Prieto, Andres, University of Cantabria, Spain
- Iqbal, Rahat, Coventry University, UK
- Jakobczak, Dariusz Jacek, Koszalin University of Technology, Poland
- Kolekar, Maheshkumar H., Indian Institute of Technology Patna, India
- Kor, Ah-Lian, Leeds Beckett University, UK
- Li, Kun, Google Inc., USA
- Liiv, Innar, University of Oxford, UK
- Lomotey, Richard, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Mandal, Debasis, Synopsys, Inc., USA
- Mills, Aaron, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- Peddoju, Sateesh K., Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India
- Qamar, Shamimul, King Khalid University, Saudi Arabia
- Rombo, Simona E., Università degli Studi di Palermo, Italy
- Samadhiya, Durgesh, National Applied Research Center (National Space Organisation), Taiwan
- Sharma, Subhash C., Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India
- Shukla, Parijat, National University of Ireland, Ireland
- Srivastava, Praveen Ranjan, Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak, India
- Sumalpong-Montenegro, Chuchi, Silliman University, Philippines
- Sureephong, Pradorn, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
- Tim, U. Sunday, Iowa State University, USA
- Tomaiuolo, Michele, University of Parma, Italy
- Varfolomeyev, Aleksey, Petrozavodsk State University, Russian Federation
- Vendrusculo, Laurimar G., Ministry of Agriculture, Brazil
- Wachowicz, Monica, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Wiktorski, Tomasz, University of Stavanger, Norway
- Yahyapour, Ramin, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Germany
- Yerramilli, Sudha, Jackson State University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
International Conference on Intelligent Control and Computation for Smart Energy and Mechatronic Systems (ICCSEMS-2020)
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.