International Journal of Services Sciences
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Desheng (Dash) Wu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
During recent years, there has been substantial and important growth in the application of quantitative analysis, i.e., operations research/management science, data mining, information, knowledge engineering and intelligent systems, statistics, and related fields to interdisciplinary problems arising in the service industry. IJSSci is devoted exclusively to research in this important, but under-represented area. It provides the primary forum for both academic and industry researchers and practitioners to propose and foster discussion on state-of-the-art research and development in the areas of services.
Topics covered include
- Services sciences, management, engineering, practice
- Service design, modelling, delivery and operations
- Service concepts/strategies, marketing, innovation
- Knowledge discovery and data mining in the service industry
- Risk issues
- Operations research and service practice
- Supply chain/demand chain management
- Customer relationship management and service supporting facilities
- New service development, process design
- Service project/quality management
- Information technology and communication in [e-]services
- Human resources and development in services
- Analytical tools for service management, service benchmarking
- Service in-housing versus outsourcing decisions
- Simulation, AI/expert systems in service management
The aims of IJSSci include the dissemination of knowledge, the provision of a learned reference in the field and the establishment of channels of communication between academic and research experts, policy-makers and executives in the services industry and related institutions.
Professionals, academics, researchers and managers
IJSSci publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes commentaries and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJSSCI is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJSSCI is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Wu, Desheng (Dash), University of Toronto, Canada
- Olson, David L., University of Nebraska - Lincoln, USA
- Hilletofth, Per, Jönköping University, Sweden
- Mohamed Ismail, Mohamed Wahab, Ryerson University, Canada
- Wu, Dexter Dexiang, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Altay, Nezih, DePaul University, USA
- Demirkan, Haluk, Arizona State University, USA
- O'Neill, Liam, University of North Texas, USA
Book Review Editor
- Davey, Anne, Northeastern State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Alidaee, Bahram, The University of Mississippi, USA
- Cao, Qing, University of Houston-Downtown, USA
- Conlon, Sumali, University of Mississippi, USA
- Cooper, W. W., University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Corner, James L., University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Delen, Dursun, Oklahoma State University, USA
- Dombi, Jozsef, University of Szeged, Hungary
- Huang, Zhimin, Adelphi University, USA
- Koenig, David R., Ductilibility, USA
- Lauria, Eitel J.M., Lauria Marist College, USA
- Luo, Amanda, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Mao, Ji-Ye, Renmin University of China, China
- Mathieu, Richard G., Queens University of Charlotte, USA
- Mechitov, Alexander, University of Montevallo, USA
- Moshkovich, Helen M., University of Montevallo, USA
- Muralidhar, Krish, University of Kentucky, USA
- Peccati, Lorenzo, Bocconi University, Italy
- Saaty, Thomas L., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Seco, Luis A., University of Toronto, Canada
- Sharda, Ramesh, Oklahoma State University, USA
- Sherman, H. David, Northeastern University, USA
- Shi, Yong, University of Nebraska at Omaha, USA
- Shim, Jung Pil, Mississippi State University, USA
- Stading, Gary, University of Houston-Downtown, USA
- Stam, Antonie, University of Missouri - Columbia, USA
- Torkkeli, Marko, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Van De Walle, Bartel, Tilburg University, Netherlands
- Venkataramanan, Munirpallam A., Indiana University, USA
- Wallenius, Jyrki, Aalto University School of Business, Finland
- Womer, Keith, University of Missouri-St. Louis, USA
- Zanakis, Stelios H., Florida International University, USA
- Zhang, Zhe George, Simon Fraser University and Western Washington University, USA
- Zhu, Dan, Iowa State University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Inderscience Editor elected as Member of European Academy of Sciences and Arts
26 April, 2018
We are pleased to report that Prof. Desheng Dash Wu, Editor in Chief of the International Journal of Financial Services Management and International Journal of Services Sciences, has been elected as Member of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts.