International Journal of Sustainable Materials and Structural Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Zhishen Wu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJSMSS promotes and fosters discussion involving sustainable materials, components, structures, and infrastructural systems, with emphasis on technical advances in sustainable materials and structural systems. The journal covers both basic and applied research in physics, engineering and materials science over different time and space scales and also industrial applications. Published with the support and cooperation of Southeast University.
Topics covered include
- High performances, long life cycles, low life cycle costs
- High resource productivity/recyclability/energy efficiency/multifunctionality
- Smart/environmentally-adaptable materials, green composites/materials
- Eco-friendly/biodiversity-natural/healthy/recyclable materials
- Eco/life cycle approaches, incl. policy, standards, regulations
- Alternative material/microstructure control, nanocomposite technologies
- Material/structural reliability/durability, applications
- Life assessment under composite/severe environmental loading
- Intelligent, nature-mimicking, biological, bio/life-inspired materials etc
- Design concepts/technologies, carbon reduction, environment adaption
- Environmental/disaster impact monitoring/control, damage implications
- Risk/vulnerability modelling/quantification/analysis/criteria/decision support
- Structural acoustic/distributed/feedback control, adaptive structural stability
- Sustainable repair/strengthening/rehabilitation/maintenance/management
The primary goal of IJSMSS is to provide a permanent record of achievement in the science, technology and engineering application of sustainable materials, structures, and infrastructure systems.
IJSMSS is intended for an audience of researchers, educators, practitioners, infrastructure management stakeholders and policy makers world-wide working in developing sustainable materials, structures and infrastructure systems with a background in material, chemical, civil, environmental, aerospace, mechanical, petrochemical, marine and automotive engineering.
The central aim of the IJSMSS is to publish a broad blend of scientific, technical and practical papers, current literature reviews, technical and interpretive notes, brief communications, and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in scientific and technological advances, very important case studies and conference reports will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Wu, Zhishen, Ibaraki University, Japan and Southeast University, China
- Noori, Mohammad, California Polytechnic State University, USA
- Yuan, Fuh-Gwo, North Carolina State University, USA
- Giurgiutiu, Victor, University of South Carolina, USA
- Keller, Thomas, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Ou, Jinping, Dalian University of Technology, China
Editorial Board Members
- Balageas, Daniel L., French Aerospace Lab (ONERA), France
- Banthia, Nemkumar, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Bazant, Zdenek P., Northwestern University, USA
- Brownjohn, James M.W., University of Sheffield, UK
- Buyukozturk, Oral, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- De Stefano, Alessandro, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Formisano, Antonio, University of Naples, Italy
- Fujino, Yozo, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Ge, Hanbin, Meijo University, Japan
- Ge, Yaojun, Tongji University, China
- Ghasemi, Hamid, Federal Highway Administration, USA
- Hori, Muneo, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Im, Seyoung, Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, KAIST, South Korea
- Kageyama, Kazuro, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Kanehira, Minoru, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Karbhari, Vistasp M., University of Texas at Arlington, USA
- Kasai, Kazuhiko, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Kim, Jeong-Tae, Pukyong National University, South Korea
- Li, Hui, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Liang, Yung C., National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Lu, Zhitao, Southeast University, China
- Lynch, Jerome, University of Michigan, USA
- Maher, Ali, Rutgers University, USA
- Motavalli, Masoud, University of Tehran, ETH Zürich and EMPA - Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research, Switzerland
- Nie, Jian-Guo, Tsinghua University, China
- Reinhardt, Hans W., University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Rizkalla, Sami H., North Carolina State University, USA
- Spencer, Jr., Bill F., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Sun, Wei, Southeast University, China
- Taerwe, Luc R., Ghent University, Belgium
- Teng, Jin-Guang, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Triantafillou, Thanasis C., University of Patras, Greece
- Wu, Felix, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
- Wu, Peter, Spirit Aerospace Systems, USA
- Xuhong, Zhou, Lanzhou University, China
- You, Zhong, Oxford University, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.