International Journal of Sustainable Economy
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Dr. Egon Žižmond
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
At the beginning of 21st century the sustainability concept was mainly a basis for developing policies consistent with a continued use of resources into the future without causing environmental crisis. But the situation has evolved, and the global economic crisis in 2009 was the ultimate consequence of short-term economic thinking. We need a new form of economic development, addressing the needs of the present without undermining the needs of the future. IJSE addresses sustainability issues within economic theory and analysis.
Topics covered include
- Business fluctuation/cycles
- Econometric/mathematical modelling of economic processes
- Economic growth and development
- Enterprise development
- Environmental economics
- Finance, finance institutions, corporative finance
- Fiscal policy
- Industrial organisation, market structure, competition
- Innovation, competitive advantage, knowledge management
- International trade and globalisation
- Labour and demographic economics
- Law and economics
- Monetary policy, money supply/credit
- Public economics, welfare
- Relations between consumption, saving, investment
The objective of IJSE is to publish research papers which analyse all aspects of sustainable economic growth and development and to offer researchers and professionals the opportunity to discuss the most demanding issues regarding the sustainable economy.
IJSE should be of interest to a broad interdisciplinary audience including academics, researchers, practitioners, business managers and consultants, policy makers and public administrators in local, provincial and state government.
IJSE publishes original and review papers, technical reports, and case studies.
IJSE is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- IBSS [International Bibliography of the Social Sciences] (Proquest)
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJSE is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Žižmond, Egon, , Slovenia
Editorial Board Members
- Adamczewski, Piotr, Poznan School of Banking, Poland
- Ahčan, Aleŝ, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Atukeren, Erdal, BSL Business School Lausanne, Switzerland
- Begun, Jeffrey C., University of Washington, Tacoma, USA
- Bekő, Jani, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Bertoncelj, Andrej, University of Primorska, Slovenia
- Bojnec, tefan, Koper University of Primorska, Slovenia
- Borghesi, Simone, University of Pescara and University of Siena, Italy
- Brada, Josef C., Arizona State University, USA
- Brendler, Michael D., Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Çevik, Emrah İsmail, Namık Kemal University, Turkey
- Daneke, Gregory A., Arizona State University, USA
- Dimitrova, Vesselina, University of Economics-Varna, Bulgaria
- Ferto, Imre, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- Gallucci, Teodoro, University of Bari, Italy
- Gulev, Rune Ellemose, Kiel University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Gurgul, Henryk, AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
- He, Jie, Université de Sherbrooke, Canada
- Inotai, András, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- Jagric, Timotej, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Kess, Pekka, University of Oulu, Finland
- Kračun, Davorin, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Kumar, Sameer, University of St. Thomas, USA
- Lagioia, Giovanni, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Italy
- Lesjak, Dušan, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
- Leszczynska, Agnieszka, Maria Sklodowska Curie University, Poland
- Liang, Jung-Hui, Chungyu Institute of Technology, Taiwan
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Maczynska, Elżbieta, Warsaw School of Economics and Polish Economic Society, Poland
- Malindžák, Dušan, Technical University of Košice, Slovakia
- Milfelner, Borut, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Mitra, Sovan, University of Liverpool, UK
- Moneva, Jose M., University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Muñoz-Torres, Maria J., University Jaume I, Spain
- Neck, Reinhard, Klagenfurt University, Austria
- Novak, Matjaž, University of Primorska, Slovenia
- Ortas, Eduardo, University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Pastuszak, Zbigniew, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Poland
- Phusavat, Kongkiti, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Sommer, Rainer, George Mason University, USA
- Šušteršič, Janez, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
- Walker, Greg, Charles Sturt University, Australia
- Ward, Frank A., New Mexico State University, USA
- Whatley, Art., Hawaii Pacific University, USA
- Wohlgemuth, Norbert, University of Klagenfurt, Austria
- Zhu, Zhiwei, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
30 November, 2018
Many nations have recovered to some extent from the economic crash of 2008 and the subsequent financial downturn although on the whole that recovery has been sluggish at best. Tatyana Boikova of the Department of Business Administration, at the Baltic International Academy and Aleksandrs Dahs of the Centre for European and Transition Studies, at the University of Latvia, both in Riga, Latvia, have now demonstrated that this recovery has been very uneven across the European Union's economic and social area [...]More details...