International Journal of Precision Technology
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. Jinyang Xu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJPTech promotes advances in precision technology accompanied by the underlying science and mathematics. It deals with normal, precision, high precision and ultra-precision machining processes and the machine tools, cutting tools and measurement systems involved in these processes. Precision is defined as something which is repetitive but not necessarily accurate. The ideal product, process or system is that which is precise and accurate as well. The journal welcomes papers of an engineering, scientific and mathematical nature.
Topics covered include
- Precision cutting tools, materials
- Mechanics of precision machining/polishing
- Precision, high precision, ultra-precision machine tools
- Hydrodynamic/hydrostatic/gas bearings
- Precision metrology
- Clean rooms
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
- Energy particle beam machining
The objective of IJPTech is to provide a forum for state-of-the-art international research in all areas of precision technology as defined by the late Professor Taniguchi, a pioneer in this area and the inventor of the word nanotechnology. It embraces all activities ranging from the micrometre to the nanometer. Science and mathematics must form a part of papers submitted for publication in this journal.
IJPTech provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of precision technology management, precision science and engineering and business education, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJPTech publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies and book reviews pertaining to precision technology. Special issues devoted to important topics in precision technology are encouraged and will be published.
IJPTECH is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJPTECH is listed in:
- Venkatesh, V. C., University of Nevada-Las Vegas, USA
Editor in Chief
- Xu, Jinyang, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Jain, Neelesh Kumar, Indian Institute of Technology Indore, India
- Pande, S.S., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Posinasetti, Nageswara Rao, University of Northern Iowa, USA
- Yousif, Belal, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
Editorial Board Members
- Afzulparkar, Nitin, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- Aitchison, David, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Balasubramaniam, R., Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, India
- Brevern, P., Multimedia University, Malaysia
- Bukkapatnam, Satish T.S., Oklahoma State University and Texas A&M University, USA
- Dixit, Uday Shanker, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India
- Gupta, Kapil, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Hassan, Ashraf, Benha University, Egypt
- Izman, S., University of Technology-Malaysia, Malaysia
- Jain, Pramod Kumar, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India
- Jain, Syadwad, Intel Corporation, USA
- Jawahir, I. S., University of Kentucky, USA
- McGeough, Joe A., University of Edinburgh, UK
- Palani, I. A., Indian Institute of Technology Indore, India
- Pandey, Pulak Mohan, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
- Pathak, Sunil, HiLASE Center, Czech Republic
- Rahman, Mustafizur, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Ramkumar, Janakarajan, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
- Singh, Ramesh Kumar, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Sladek, Jerzy, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
- Weckenmann, Albert A., University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
- Whitehouse, David, University of Warwick, UK
- Yuan, S.M., Beihang University, China
- Zhong, Zhao Wei, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Associate Prof. Jinyang Xu appointed as new Editor for International Journal of Precision Technology
18 May, 2023
Associate Prof. Jinyang Xu from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Precision Technology.