International Journal of Nuclear Hydrogen Production and Applications
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. P.K. Tewari
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
IJNHPA offers the latest experimental and analytical results, economic and policy assessments, and technology innovations related to nuclear energy's role in an expanding hydrogen economy. Although nuclear technology will play its most significant role in hydrogen production, knowledge of hydrogen transportation, storage and end use is necessary to understand the context in which nuclear energy will contribute to different hydrogen markets. IJNHPA takes a broad approach in presenting latest thinking in the science, economics, and environmental impacts of nuclear-generated hydrogen.
Topics covered include
- Chemical cycles
- Other hydrogen production methods
- R&D programmes
- Applications of nuclear energy for hydrogen production
- Hydrogen storage, transmission, distribution and delivery
- Design/economy of hydrogen nuclear production systems
- Coupling nuclear reactor/hydrogen production modules
- Environmental/safety considerations, safeguards, physical security
- Hydrogen markets
- Quality assurance
- Public attitudes/acceptance
- Role of hydrogen in sustainable development
The objectives of IJHPA are to establish an effective channel of communication between professionals, policy makers, government agencies, academia and research institutions concerned with nuclear production of hydrogen and its applications. It also aims to provide authoritative, reliable information on hydrogen production and next generation technologies, economics, strategies and resources to industry and governments for use in policy analyses and decision making, including the contribution of nuclear hydrogen to sustainable development.
The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological change and changes in the global economy.
- Promotes the exchange of hydrogen production science and technology information
- Promotes the intelligent application of hydrogen
- Promotes international research and development cooperation
- Supports nuclear power as a long-term option for hydrogen production in a competitive hydrogen economy
- Helps in identifying technologies and resources available to address issues related to nuclear-generated hydrogen
- Assesses the conditions and constraints related to nuclear power’s contribution to a growing hydrogen economy, including those tied to environmental objectives
- Maintains information on the economic aspects of potential hydrogen markets
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers
IJNHPA publishes high quality papers relevant to hydrogen nuclear production technologies and applications, and closely related aspects of science, technology, engineering and policy analysis. Both original research and critical review papers covering experimental, theoretical, and computational issue are welcome. When outstanding new advances are made, or when new areas have been developed to a definitive stage, special review articles will be considered.
A fair balance will be sought between:
- Special issues addressing specific topics, and
- Issues blending articles addressing several topics.
IJNHPA is indexed in:
- Maïsseu, André, WONUC, France
Editor in Chief
- Tewari, P.K., Homi Bhabha National Institute, India
Editorial Board Members
- Alleau, Thierry, AFH2 - Association Française de l’Hydrogène, France
- Barbir, Frano, University of Split, Croatia
- Bououdina, Mohamed, University of Bahrain, Bahrain
- Dincer, Ibrahim, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Fernandes, Rei, IST - Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Glukhova, Zhanna, Donetsk National Technical University, Ukraine
- Golovko, Vladislav F., OKB Mechanical Engineering, Russian Federation
- Goltsov, Victor, Donetsk National Technical University, Ukraine
- Goltsova, Lyudmila, Donetsk National Technical University, Ukraine
- Grigoriev, Sergey, Hydrogen Energy and Plasma Technology Institute of Russian Research Center, Russian Federation
- Haklidir, Mehmet, TUBITAK Marmara Research Center, Turkey
- Hayashi, Yasunori, Kyushu University, Japan
- Hori, Masao, Nuclear Systems Association, Japan
- Irvine, John T.S., University of St Andrews, UK
- Javed, Mohammad Siddiq, Pakistan Nuclear Regulatory Authority (PNRA), Pakistan
- Kawamura, Hirotaka, Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry (CRIEPI), Japan
- Lahoda, Ed, Westinghouse Science and Technology Department, USA
- Marchetti, Cesare, IIASA, Austria
- Priesmeyer, Hans Georg, Universitat Kiel, Germany
- Principi, Giovanni, Settore Materiali and CNISM, Italy
- Prosini, Pier Paolo, Centro Ricerche Casaccia, Italy
- Rahier, A., Association Vinçotte Nuclear (AVN), Belgium
- Ruoppolo, Giovanna, Istituto di Ricerche sulla Combustione IRC- CNR, Italy
- Rybalka, Sergey, Donetsk National Technical University, Ukraine
- Sørensen, Bent, Roskilde University, Denmark
- Sahin, Sumer, Gazi Universitesi, Turkey
- Schiller, Robert, Atomic Energy Research Institute, Hungary
- Sierens, Roger, Ghent University, Belgium
- Tashimo, Masanori, Okusawa 4-7-13, Japan
- Vajeeston, Ponniah, University of Oslo, Norway
- Vastchenko, Svetlana, The Joint Institute for Power and Nuclear Research - Sosny, Belarus
- Verfondern, Karl, Juelich Institute for Safety Research and Reactor Technology (ISR), Germany
- Vilemas, Jurgis, Lithuanian Energy Institute, Lithuania
- Werkoff, François, Association Française de L'Hydrogène (AFH2), France
- Xu, Jingming, Tsinghua University, China
- Yamaura, Shin-ichi, Tohoku University, Japan
- Yildiz, Bilge, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Züttel, Andreas, University of Fribourg, Switzerland
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.