International Journal of Nuclear Governance, Economy and Ecology
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Alexander Kryanev
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJNGEE addresses the evolution and governance of safe and secure nuclear resources, with emphasis on the implications that policy choices have on both the welfare of humans and the ecology of the planet. This perspective acknowledges the complexity of the nuclear sector as an interface between ecological and socio-economic processes operating in parallel over different space-time scales, as well as the reflexive characteristic of human systems.
Topics covered include
- Economics/management of nuclear energy
- National energy policies, strategy for policy making
- Nuclear energy in economic development, environment policies
- Economic, social, natural resources issues
- Low level, high-level radioactive waste disposal
- Nuclear energy/employment
- Geopolitics of energy resources
- Thermodynamic concepts in ecological-economics systems analyses
- Ecological/environmental impacts of nuclear energy
- Ecological economics applied to nuclear energy
- Total quality/environmental management
- Future demand/supply forecasting/planning
- Globalisation, trade liberalisation, nuclear technology transfer
- Safety, security
- Public attitudes
The objectives of IJNGEE are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, public authorities, academic and research institutions, citizens, consumer bodies and professionals in industry, concerned with the complex role of nuclear energy in society. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of nuclear resources. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological change and changes in the global economy.
Policy makers and planners, decision makers, international agencies, university staff, academics, researchers, business leaders, managers, professionals, union leaders, practitioners and consultants. Students taking courses in economics, environmental issues and international development are also among the groups the journal intends to reach.
IJNGEE publishes original works, review papers, technical reports, state-of-the-art reviews advancing theoretical constructs (including concepts, models, algorithms, methods, etc.), commentaries on policies, meeting and conference reports, book reviews and notes, and other significant news relevant to the discipline. Contribution may be by submission or invitation.
IJNGEE is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
IJNGEE is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Kryanev, Alexander, Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, Russian Federation
Editorial Board Members
- Bojić, Milorad, University of Kragujevac, Serbia
- Bulbik, Yanis I., Krasnoyarsk State University, Russian Federation
- Gatev, Geo, Universite Technique de Sofia, Bulgaria
- Haour, Georges, IMD, Switzerland
- Haritonov, Vladimir, Moscow State Enginering Physics Institute, Russian Federation
- Hirschberg, Stefan, Paul Scherrer Institute, Switzerland
- Huang, Chongfu, Beijing Normal University, China
- Katsifarakis, Konstantinos, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Khalil, Tarek, University of Miami, USA
- Li, Tianrui, Southwest Jiaotong University, China
- Liu, Jun, University of Ulster at Jordanstown, UK
- Lu, Jie, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Meneses Ruiz, Elieza, CUBAENERGIA, Cuba
- Merle-Lucotte, Elsa, LPSC/ENSPG, France
- Monchaud, Serge, Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Palamidessi, Hugo, Asociacion de Professionales de la Comision Nacional de Energia Atomica, Argentina
- Petkanchin, Lazar Todorov, Universite Technique de Sofia, Bulgaria
- Pokrovski, Vladimir, Moscow University of Economics and Statistics, Russian Federation
- Riznic, Jovica R., Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission, Canada
- Rogner, Hans Holger, IAEA, Austria
- Rothwell, Geoffrey, Stanford University, USA
- Van Wyk, Rias, University of Minnesota, USA
- Wang, Xingquan, Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences, China
- Zhang, Guangquan, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
New Editor for International Journal of Nuclear Governance, Economy and Ecology
4 March, 2019
Prof. Alexander Kryanev from the Moscow Engineering Physics Institute in Russia has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Nuclear Governance, Economy and Ecology.