International Journal of Nano and Biomaterials
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Jin Zhang
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.5 (2021)
In recent years, frontiers of research in engineering, science and technology have been driven by developments in nanomaterials, encompassing a diverse range of disciplines such as materials science, biomedical engineering, nanomedicine and biology, manufacturing technology, biotechnology, nanotechnology, and nanoelectronics. IJNBM provides an interdisciplinary vehicle covering these fields. Advanced materials inspired by biological systems and processes are likely to influence the development of novel technologies for a wide variety of applications from vaccines to artificial tissues and organs to quantum computers.
Topics covered include
- Nanostructured materials/surfaces/interfaces
- Synthesis of nanostructures
- Biological/biomedical materials
- Artificial organs/tissues
- Tissue engineering
- Bioengineering materials
- Medical devices
- Functional/structural nanomaterials
- Carbon-based materials
- Nanomaterials characterisation
- Novel applications of nanomaterials
- Modelling of behaviour of nanomaterials
- Nanomaterials for biomedical applications
- Biological response to nanomaterials
IJNBM aims at promoting and coordinating developments in the field of nano and biomaterials. The international dimension is emphasised in order to meet the latest needs of accelerating theoretical knowledge and practical verification of new technologies and products.
IJNBM is intended to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of materials science and technology and materials testing, physical modelling or simulation of various processes in nano and biomaterials, engineering education, and to disseminate information related to nano and biomaterials.
IJNBM publishes original high quality papers, rapid communications, timely review papers, technical reports, and case studies. Special issues devoted to developments in important topics in biological and nanostructured materials will be published periodically.
IJNBM is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
IJNBM is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Zhang, Jin, Western University, Canada
- Levingstone, Tanya J., Dublin City University, Ireland
- Ouyang, Jianying, Security and Disruptive Technologies Research Centre (SDT), National Research Council Canada (NRC), Canada
- Deng, Shuhao, Central South University, China
Editorial Board Members
- Astruc, Didier, Université Bordeaux I, France
- Bhushan, Bharat, Ohio State University, USA
- Brabazon, Dermot, Dublin City University, Ireland
- Brydson, Rik, University of Leeds, UK
- Chen, L.Q., Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Gorb, Stanislav N., Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel , Germany
- Irvin, Randall, University of Alberta, Canada
- Ishihara, Kazuhiko, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Ishikawa, Kunio, Kyushu University, Japan
- Langford, Steven J., Monash University, Australia
- Layrolle, Pierre, University of Nantes, France
- Lu, K., Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Palmore, G. Tayhas R., Brown University, USA
- Phoenix, David, London South Bank University, UK
- Somasundaran, P., Columbia University, USA
- Stamboulis, Artemis, University of Birmingham, UK
- Szpunar, J.A., McGill University, Canada
- Tada, Hirokazu, Osaka University, Japan
- Tenne, Reshef, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
- Thomsen, Peter, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Troczynski, Tom, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Vecchio, Kenneth S., University of California at San Diego, USA
- Ziomek-Moroz, Margaret, U.S. Department of Energy, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.