International Journal of Management Development
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. Fabio Cassia
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
IJMD's mission is to publish innovative scholarly research that has the potential to advance the field of management. Its unique feature is a focus on the development of management competencies needed to make effective decisions that enable firms to successfully face contemporary challenges in national, international and global markets. The journal covers the development and application of management competencies in all areas of management including, among others, marketing, human resource management, operations management and international management.
Topics covered include
- Management decisions
- Resources, competencies and knowledge management
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- Human resource management and organisational behaviour
- Marketing, brand and customer relationship management
- International management and marketing
- Managerial accounting and firms’ financial decisions
- Operations, supply chain and quality management
- Innovation management, smart technologies, artificial intelligence
- Entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship
- Small and family business management
- Service management
- Crisis management and turnaround
- Management of private, public and third sector organisations
- Management and marketing in tourism, hospitality and the public sector
The main objective of IJMD is to advance the theory and practice of management, presenting innovative research which addresses the development of management competencies and their applications to a wide range of contemporary managerial decisions. The journal aims to publish high-quality papers showing how new management competencies can be acquired, managed and applied to improve decision-making quality and, in turn, strengthen the competitive advantage of the firm. IJMD aims to reach a wide audience including scholars, managers, policy makers and other stakeholders, while meeting high academic standards in terms of quality and rigour. Through its international, cross-cultural scope, IJMD aims at fostering the exchange of ideas and knowledge among management researchers and practitioners all over the world.
IJMD addresses several audiences including the academic community, top and middle managers from different functions, front-line managers, professionals and consultants, policy makers, and other stakeholders in firms.
IJMD publishes innovative research characterised by rigorous methodology and sound scientific validity, offering both strong theoretical implications and relevant managerial insights. IJMD welcomes original high-quality papers including research papers, literature review papers, conceptual papers and case studies.
Editor in Chief
- Cassia, Fabio, University of Verona, Italy
- Magno, Francesca, Università degli Studi di Bergamo, Italy
Editorial Board Members
- Arruda-Filho, Emílio José Montero, University of Amazon, Brazil
- Bandeira, Mariana Lima, Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Ecuador
- Cavusgil, Erin, University of Michigan-Flint, USA
- Crowther, David, De Montfort University, UK
- Elshareif, Elgilani, Canadian University of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Garcia-Madariaga, Jesús, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, California State University, Bakersfield, USA
- Huuhka, Ari, University of Vaasa, Finland
- Jain, Vipul, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Madsen, Mona Toft, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Moretta Tartaglione, Andrea, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, Italy
- Moura e Sá, Patrícia, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Parameswar, Nakul, Institute of Rural Management Anand, India
- Rai, Bharatendra K., University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth, USA
- Ruiz-Alba, José L., University of Westminster, UK
- Sangle, Shirish, National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), India
- Singh, Satyendra, Academy of Business and Emerging Markets and University of Winnipeg, Canada
- Zain, Mohamed, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.