International Journal of Management Development
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Muhammed Kabir
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
IJMD publishes papers in all functional areas of management that address issues of capacity building to enhance performance of organisations. Management development is basically synonymous with capacity building to run enterprises in a more efficient way. IJMD provides an outlet for applied scholarly work in all areas of management from economics and finance to organisational behaviour and development, with the only caveat that research must show how it can enhance managerial capacities. Case studies and qualitative research are also welcome.
Topics covered include
- Opportunities and challenges for managers in a dynamic, competitive and global environment
- Leadership, strategic management, long term sustainability
- Managerial accounting issues, cost control, international dimension of accounting
- Education and knowledge management
- Women in management
- Quality/total quality management
- Technology management
- Corporate governance/social responsibility
- Public/environmental/community relations/affairs
- Human resource and workforce management, internal communications
- Marketing management, sales management, customer relationship and brand management
- Financial, portfolio and investment management
- International economic and financial issues
- Disaster/emergency/crisis/risk management
The objectives of IJMD are to establish an effective channel of communication between management, policy makers, government agencies and academics with the complex task of management development in societal and organisational context. It takes a multifunctional, multi-disciplinary, international approach to the issues facing those for whom management development is an important concern. It presents the research, experiences, and insights of academics, consultants, practicing managers, economists, scientists, sociologists, and thoughtful contributors from other professions and disciplines.
Since approaches to management development often differ in different economies and cultures, IJMD draws on the work of authors from all over the world. Articles are based on empirical research, well-considered observations of management experience, and state-of-the-art reviews of important issues as well as conceptual and theoretical developments. The scope is broad, taking account of those issues that are crucial to successful management in the organisation's external as well as internal environment. The intent is to be informative, thought-provoking, and intellectually challenging and thereby to contribute to the development of better managers. IJMD considers issues related to corporate responsibility and CEO effectiveness through practical, real-world discussions and analysis of past, present and future concern.
IJMD provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of management development. The following provides some examples of its readership:
- Management development specialists and consultants
- Personnel professionals and human resource managers
- Corporate communications directors and communication consultants
- Directors and heads of public relations and public affairs
- Heads of internal communication
- Change, brand and knowledge managers
- Strategic planners and decision makers
- Graduate and post-graduate students
- Researchers in public relations, communications and journalism
- Managing directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Libraries supplying academic and corporate needs
IJMD publishes original manuscripts, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in management development will occasionally be published.
IJMD is indexed in:More indexes...
IJMD is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Kabir, Muhammed, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Elshareif, Elgilani, Canadian University of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Hussain, Mostaq M., University of New Brunswick-SJ, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Al-Moharby, Darwish, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Bandeira, Mariana Lima, Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Ecuador
- Banks, Dwayne A., American University in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Cassia, Fabio, University of Verona, Italy
- Cavusgil, Erin, University of Michigan-Flint, USA
- Choi, Sang Chul, University of Marketing and Distribution Sciences, Japan
- Chowdhury, Saud, Trent University, Canada
- Civi, Emin, University of New Brunswick, Saint John, Canada
- Collins, Ron, University of Prince Edward Island, Canada
- Crowther, David, De Montfort University, UK
- Davila Gomez, Ana Maria, Université du Québec en Outaouais, Canada
- Depickere, Arnold, Murdoch University, Australia
- Graff, David, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, California State University, Bakersfield, USA
- Huuhka, Ari, University of Vaasa, Finland
- Jain, Vipul, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Khan, Gulam M., Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Lew, Byron, Trent University, Canada
- Liu, Changgeng, Xiangtan University, China
- Madsen, Mona Toft, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Mendelson, Morris, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Najdawi, Mohammad K., Qatar University, Qatar
- Oyelere, Peter, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Persinger, Elif S., Eastern Michigan University, USA
- Rai, Bharatendra K., University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth, USA
- Ridler, Neil, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Sangle, Shirish, National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), India
- Singh, Satyendra, Academy of Business and Emerging Markets and University of Winnipeg, Canada
- Wu, Liansheng, Peking University, China
- Yang, Youhong, Beijing Technology and Business University, China
- Zain, Mohamed, Qatar University, Qatar
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.