International Journal of Multicriteria Decision Making
- Editors in Chief
- Prof. John Psarras, Prof. Constantin Zopounidis
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1.6
IJMCDM is a scholarly journal that publishes high quality research contributing to the theory and practice of decision making in ill-structured problems involving multiple criteria, goals and objectives. The journal publishes papers concerning all aspects of multicriteria decision making (MCDM), including theoretical studies, empirical investigations, comparisons and real-world applications. Papers exploring the connections with other disciplines in operations research and management science are particularly welcome.
Topics covered include
- Artificial intelligence, evolutionary computation, soft computing in MCDM
- Conjoint/performance measurement
- Decision making under uncertainty
- Disaggregation analysis, preference learning/elicitation
- Group decision making, multicriteria games
- Multi-attribute utility/value theory
- Multi-criteria decision support systems and knowledge-based systems
- Multi-objective mathematical programming
- Outranking relations theory
- Preference modelling
- Problem structuring with multiple criteria
- Risk analysis/modelling, sensitivity/robustness analysis
- Social choice models
- Theoretical foundations of MCDM, rough set theory
- Innovative applied research in relevant fields
The objective of IJMCDM is to act as an international forum for academic researchers who work on MCDM, thus promoting the theory of management science, operations research and decision analysis, as well as their applications in business, management, and engineering. In that regard, IJMCDM aims to:
- Raise the awareness of the importance of the exploitation of the MCDM modelling framework
- Focus on excellence in developing MCDM methodologies, models and techniques to deal with decision making problems in management and engineering
- Provide insights on the latest MCDM developments
- Offer a networking forum for academic researchers and practitioners
IJMCDM is aimed at a wide range of researchers working on operations research, management science, decision analysis, and computer science, as well as policy makers and professionals in business, management, and engineering.
IJMCDM publishes high quality original papers that contribute significantly to MCDM. Papers presenting new theoretical concepts, models and techniques, innovative applications, implementations in decision support systems, new comparative results, as well as survey articles and papers exploring the connections with other disciplines are of particular interest. Suggestions for special issues on well-defined relevant topics are welcome.
IJMCDM is indexed in:More indexes...
IJMCDM is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editors in Chief
- Psarras, John, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Zopounidis, Constantin, Audencia Nantes School of Management, France and Technical University of Crete, Greece
- Siskos, Yannis, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Doumpos, Michael, Technical University of Crete, Greece
- Ferreira, Fernando Alberto Freitas, University Institute of Lisbon, Portugal
- Figueira, José Rui, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Gladish, Blanca Pérez, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
- Grigoroudis, Evangelos, Technical University of Crete, Greece
- Slowinski, Roman, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
- Xidonas, Panos, ESSCA Grande École, France
Editorial Board Members
- Bana e Costa, Carlos António, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Portugal
- Beynon, Malcolm J., Cardiff University, UK
- Bouyssou, Denis, Université Paris Dauphine, France
- Caballero, Rafael, Universidad de Malaga, Spain
- De Smet, Yves, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- Diakoulaki, Danai, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Doukas, Haris, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Gaganis, Chrysovalantis, University of Crete, Greece
- Gehrlein, William V., University of Delaware, USA
- Greco, Salvatore, Portsmouth University, UK
- Grzymala-Busse, Jerzy, University of Kansas, USA
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, Penn State Harrisburg, USA
- Hokkanen, Joonas, Ramboll, Finland
- Katopodis, Athanasios, Lloyd's TSB, UK
- Kosmidou, Kyriaki V., Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Kotsou, Sofia, Columbia University, USA
- Lahdelma, Risto, University of Turku, Finland
- Malakooti, Behnam, Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Matos, Manuel, INESC Porto, Portugal
- Matsatsinis, Nikolaos, Technical University of Crete, Greece
- Mavrotas, George, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Meyer, Patrick, Telecom Bretagne, France
- Michalowski, Wojtek, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Ogryczak, Włodzimierz, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- Pardalos, Panos M., University of Florida, USA
- Paschos, Vangelis, Université Paris Dauphine, France
- Pasiouras, Fotios, Technical University of Crete, Greece
- Polyashuk, Marina, Northeastern Illinois University, USA
- Ruzika, Stefan, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Soares, Joao Oliveira, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Portugal
- Sobczak, Andre, Audencia Nantes, France
- Spronk, Jaap, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Steuer, Ralph, University of Georgia, USA
- Tarantilis, Christos, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Teghem, Jacques, Faculté Polytechnique de Mons, Belgium
- Triantaphyllou, Evangelos, Louisiana State University, USA
- Tsoukias, Alexis, Université Paris Dauphine, France
- Vanderpooten, Daniel, Université Paris Dauphine, France
- Wiecek, Margaret M., Clemson University, USA
- Yang, Jian-Bo, University of Manchester, UK
- Zeleny, Milan, Fordham University, USA
- Ziarko, Wojciech, University of Regina, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.