International Journal of Grid and Utility Computing
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Fatos Xhafa
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.98 (2018)
IJGUC addresses grid and utility computing which represent fundamental paradigms for next-generation parallel and distributed computing systems, enabling distant collaboration, resource discovery/sharing, data-intensive applicative infrastructures and high-throughput environments to address on-demand large-scale scientific, engineering, and business problems. Grid and utility computing have significantly contributed to the advancement of cloud computing, e-science, high performance computing, virtual organisations and collaboration, scientific workflows, and service-oriented architectures. They exploit synergies with different areas such as peer-to-peer computing, semantic web, wireless/mobile technologies, and computational intelligence.
Topics covered include
- Grid, utility, cloud computing and applications
- Resource allocation, scheduling, service discovery, capacity management
- Middleware, monitoring, load balancing, workload management
- Performance evaluation, simulation/modelling, toolkits
- Security, trust, maintenance, socio-technical/management issues
- Fault tolerance, reliability, availability
- Knowledge, service-oriented, semantic grids and clouds
- Integrated grid, cloud, P2P, mobile/wireless architectures
- Green computing/IT, power-aware models/environments
- Grid economics, market economy, business oriented models
- Virtual organisations, collaborative computing
- Virtualization of hardware/software resources
- Utility models, solution architectures
- Resource modelling/simulation in utility computing
- Utility computing economics, pricing models
The objectives of IJGUC are to establish an effective channel of communication between grid and utility computing researchers, engineers, and policy makers. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of grid and utility computing. The international dimension is emphasised in order to foster international collaboration in grid and utility computing to meet the need to broaden the applicability and scope of the current body of knowledge.
IJGUC provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the fields relevant to grid and utility computing, to disseminate information and to learn from each other|s work.
IJGUC publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in grid and utility computing will occasionally be published.
IJGUC is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJGUC is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Xhafa, Fatos, Technical University of Catalonia, Spain
- Messina, Fabrizio, University of Catania, Italy
- Barolli, Leonard, Fukuoka Institute of Technology (FIT), Japan
- Bittencourt, Luiz Fernando, University of Campinas, Brazil
- De Roure, David, University of Oxford, UK
- González-Vélez, Horacio, National College of Ireland, Ireland
- Katz, Daniel S., University of Illinois, USA
- Takizawa, Makoto, Hosei University, Japan
- Abraham, Ajith, Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs), USA
Editorial Board Members
- Amato, Flora, University of Naples "Federico II", Italy
- Azevedo, Ana, Instituto Politecnico do Porto, Portugal
- Bargiela, Andrzej, University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, Malaysia
- Caballé, Santi, Open University of Catalonia, Spain
- Catlett, Charlie, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Chen, Xiaofeng, Xidian University, China
- Dai, Wei, Victoria University, Australia
- Fenza, Giuseppe, University of Salerno, Italy
- French, Tim, Bedfordshire University, UK
- Gentile, Antonio, Università di Palermo, Italy
- Gentzsch, Wolfgang, Max Planck Institute for Plasmaphysics, Germany
- Hameurlain, Abdelkader, Paul Sabatier University, France
- Hassanien, Aboul Ella, Cairo University, Egypt
- Hu, Bo, SAP Research Center Belfast, UK
- Hussain, Omar, UNSW Canberra, Australia
- Jodra Luque, Jose Luis, University of the Basque Country, Spain
- Keller, Rainer, University of Applied Science (HfT Stuttgart), Germany
- Khan, Zahoor Ali, Higher Colleges of Technology, United Arab Emirates
- Khatri, Sunil Kumar, Amity University, India
- Kolodziej, Joanna, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
- Li, Kin Fun, University of Victoria, Canada
- Ma, Kun, University of Jinan, China
- Macedo, Douglas Dyllon Jeronimo de, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Martínez, Javier Panadero, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Mencagli, Gabriele, University of Pisa, Italy
- Myers, Trina, James Cook University, Australia
- Nace, Dritan, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France
- Natwichai, Juggapong, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
- Nussbaum, Lucas, Université de Lorraine, France
- Orellana, Frederik, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Palmieri, Francesco, University of Salerno, Italy
- Paruchuri, Vamsi Krishna, University of Central Arkansas, USA
- Rahayu, Wenny, La Trobe University, Australia
- Rawat, Danda B., Howard University, USA
- Robert, Yves, Laboratoire de l'Informatique du Parallélisme, France
- Rodero, Ivan, State University of New Jersey, USA
- Shojafar, Mohammad, Ryerson University, Canada
- Steinbauer, Matthias, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Taniar, David, Monash University, Australia
- Toral, Sergio, University of Seville, Spain
- Trinh, Tuan Anh, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Vazquez-Poletti, Jose Luis, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Vinh, Phan Cong, Nguyen Tat Thanh University, Vietnam
- Wang, Xu An, Engineering University of CAPF, China
- Wister, Miguel, Juarez Autonomous University of Tabasco, Mexico
- Zomaya, Albert, University of Sydney, Australia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Storming cloud storage security
20 March, 2019
Storing one's personal or company data on remote storage systems "in the cloud" is an increasingly popular way to reduce internal computing costs and to provide all the securities of off-site backup without having to deal with encryption and data limits in-house. A team from Tunisia has now looked at an identity-based cryptographic scheme that cloud computing providers might employer to make that data even more secure [...]More details...
International Conference on International Conference on Information Management & Machine Intelligence (ICIMMI-2019)
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.