International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies
- Prof. Bruno S. Sergi
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 8 issues per year
- CiteScore 2.0 (2021)
IJEPEE is at the forefront of analysing the economic development of emerging economies in the global context, fostering discussion on research with significant, long-term impact. It explores the causal factors, potential and limits of economic policy in Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East, projecting possible economic developments in the light of growing opportunities. Booming markets, massive potential for local consumer markets and abundant low-cost labour make emerging economies key players in international trade and business.
IJEPEE is an Open Access-only journal and article processing charges (APCs) apply.
Topics covered include
- Monetary economics
- Labour markets
- Industrial policy
- Central banking
- Commercial banks
- Exchange rates
- Open economy macroeconomics
- Finance and financial markets
- International trade
- Economic integration
ObjectivesThe objectives of IJEPEE are to provide a global platform to facilitate communication between policy makers, academics, scholars, international economic organisations and consultants working on the issues of interest to newly emerging countries. Given a rapidly changing field, IJEPEE encourages original scientific contributions on policy relevant analysis and articles which are empirical in nature, with emphasis on the application of modern economic theory and methods of quantitative analysis. It applies a rigid peer-reviewed approach, which aims to publish only very selective, substantive new empirical, methodological and theoretical research.
IJEPEE provides a vehicle to help researchers and policy makers, experts working at international organisations, and academic institutions. The journal provides a forum for discussion of issues of interest to an international readership.
IJEPEE publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, and book reviews. The journal will regularly publish special issues.
IJEPEE is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- IBSS [International Bibliography of the Social Sciences] (Proquest)
- Info Trac (Gale)
IJEPEE is listed in:
- National Agency for Evaluation of the University and Research System (ANVUR)
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Sergi, Bruno S., University of Messina, Italy
- Trinugroho, Irwan, Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS), Indonesia
- Balashova, Svetlana, Peoples' Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University), Russian Federation
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar, Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya, India
- Volgina, Natalia, Peoples' Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University), Russian Federation
Editorial Board Members
- Andreff, Wladimir, Université Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne, France
- Chawluk, Antoni, University of Oxford, UK
- Chetvernina, Tatiana, State University Higher School of Economics, Russian Federation
- Courakis, Anthony S., Permanent Delegation of Greece to the OECD, France
- Fuentes García, Fernando J., University of Córdoba, Spain
- Galgoczi, Bela, European Trade Union Institute, Belgium
- Högselius, Per, Lund University, Sweden
- Inotai, András, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- Isachenko, Tatiana M., Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), Russian Federation
- Jaber, Khalifa Hmood, Al Falah University, United Arab Emirates
- Jena, Pabitra Kumar, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, India
- Kernohan, David, Middlesex University Business School, UK
- Korpysa, Jarosław, University of Szczecin, Poland
- Limosani, Michele, University of Messina, Italy
- Mallick, Sushanta, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
- Matousek, Roman, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Navarra, Pietro, University of Messina, Italy
- O'Sullivan, Patrick, Grenoble School of Management, France
- Petrevski, Goran, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, North Macedonia
- Popkova, Elena G., Moscow State Institute of International Relations, Russian Federation
- Sawyer, W. Charles, Texas Christian University, USA
- Sengenberger, Werner, 7 Les Collines de Pitegny, France
- Šević, Željko, Universiti Utara Malaysia, Malaysia
- Sironi, Emiliano, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Italy
- Soufani, Khaled, University of Cambridge, UK
- Stefanov, Stefan, New Bulgarian University , Bulgaria
- Sutela, Pekka, Institute for Economies in Transition (BOFIT), Finland
- Tikhomirov, Vladimir, UralSib Finance Corporation, Russian Federation
- Vinokurov, Evgeny, Eurasian Development Bank, Kazakhstan
- Walter, Ingo, New York University, USA
- Yakovlev, Andrei, State University - Higher School of Economics, Russian Federation
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- This is an Open Access-only journal. There is an article processing charge of US $1500 to publish in this journal. You can find more information on Open Access here. Authors who have submitted articles prior to 14 July, 2022 will still have a choice of publishing as a Standard or an Open-Access article.
- It is essential that authors basing their papers on datasets use the most up-to-date available. Papers based on outdated datasets will be rejected.
- If using their own dataset, authors are required to
° deposit their research data in a relevant data repository
° cite and link to this dataset in their article. If this is not possible, please add
a statement explaining why the research data cannot be shared.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
SSA economies cleared for takeoff with grounded governance
23 May, 2023
Research in the International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies has examined the relationship between capital flight, tax revenue, economic growth, and good governance indicators in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) from 1996 to 2018. The study found that capital flight hampers economic growth in the region, while an increase in tax revenue has a positive impact. The counterpart is that increase in tax revenue acts as a catalyst for economic growth in SSA, the team found. However, the effects of capital flight and tax revenue on economic growth depend on the presence of good governance indicators [...]More details...
Seeding food security in rural Burkina Faso
24 May, 2023
Research in the International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies has highlighted the significant contribution of non-timber forest products (NTFPs) in bolstering food security among households residing in rural areas, such as those near the Pô-Nazinga-Sissili protected area in Burkina Faso. The work emphasizes how policymakers must integrate NTFPs into food security strategies there and in other regions [...]More details...
International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies is now an open access-only journal
9 July, 2022
We are pleased to announce that the International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies is now an Open Access-only journal. All accepted articles submitted from 14 July 2022 onwards will be Open Access, and will require an article processing charge of US $1500.