International Journal of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Benoît Maïsseu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJEHV provides a high quality, fully refereed international forum in the field of electric and hybrid automotive systems, including in-vehicle electricity production such as hydrogen fuel cells, to describe innovative solutions for the technical challenges enabling these new propulsion technologies.
Topics covered include
- Electric car, bus and truck systems
- Serial/parallel/light hybrid electrical systems for cars/buses/trucks
- Hydrogen fuel cells
- Alternative source systems of in-vehicle electricity production
- High power/energy batteries, battery/energy management and charging systems
- Electronics for electrical machine/hybrid engine control systems (hard and soft)
- Electronic architectures and dedicated automotive components
- Electrical machines for automotive propulsion and traction
- Braking systems for electrical propulsion and traction systems
- Specific electrical air conditioning and heating systems for electric vehicles
- Environmental/cost efficiency, energy savings algorithms
- "Zero emission" range extension solutions
- Dedicated security and safety systems
- Electromagnetic compatibility issues for EHV
- Social, economic and environmental issues associated with EHV
The objectives of IJEHV are to
- provide technical information in the fields of vehicle electrical propulsion, high energy in-vehicle storage and production for engineers and scientists
- build communication channels between all the key players to allow the quick development of these key technologies which will play an increasing role in the automotive markets
- help to understand the strategic evolutions of industrial policies and international technological tendencies to allow a global coordination of suppliers and manufacturers
The target readership is composed of professionals, engineers, managers and decision makers of the automotive, electronic and electrical equipment industries, academics, researchers and professors working in universities or research institutes in these fields.
IJEHV publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, conference reports, briefs and reports and news, together with occasional Special Issues devoted to important topics
IJEHV is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- TRID [Transportation Research Information Services + ITRD] (Transportation Research Board)
IJEHV is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Maïsseu, Benoît, Renault Technocentre, France
Regional Editor Asia
- Chan, C.C., University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Regional Editor North America
- Emadi, Ali, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Calabrese, Giuseppe Giulio, CNR-Ircres, Italy
- Chanaron, Jean-Jacques, Groupe ESC Grenoble, France
- De, Pijus Kanti, National Institute of Technology, India
- Duboka, Čedomir, Belgrade University, Serbia
- Hofman, Theo, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Li, Liang, Tsinghua University, China
- Livet, Frédéric, LTPCM-ENSEEG-INPG, France
- Lv, Chen, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Mi, Chris, University of Michigan – Dearborn, USA
- Nasiri, Adel, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA
- Pérez, Yannick, CentraleSupélec, France
- Racicovshi, Virgil, ICPE, Romania
- Reddy, M.V., National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Stüssi, Robert, APVE - Portuguese Electric Vehicle Association, Portugal
- Wang, Rongrong, Southeast University, China
- Xi, Junqiang, Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), China
- Yin, Gang George, Wayne State University, USA
- Zhang, Hui, Beihang University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Switching on electric vehicles has health benefits
21 May, 2019
Could the health benefits and reduced costs to healthcare systems be enough to justify subsidizing charging infrastructure to allow society to switch from the internal combustion engine to electric vehicles faster than current trends predict? Writing in the International Journal of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles, Mitchell House and David Wright of the University of Ottawa, Canada, suggest that the migration from polluting vehicles that burn fossil fuels to electric vehicles, ideally using electricity generated sustainably could significantly reduce the incidence of cardiopulmonary illness due to air pollution. This would lead not only to less employee absence from work through illness but also lead to broad improvements in quality and length of life [...]More details...