International Journal of Competitiveness
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Mark Esposito
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJC researches the broad scope of competitiveness policies and practices across regions of the world. With emphasis on mechanisms of economic development, creation of prosperity and long-term sustainable development, IJC aspires to represent both theoretical and applied frameworks of research, at both macro and micro levels. The journal stems from the work conducted by Professor Michael Porter at the Institute of Strategy and Competitiveness and the best practices emerging from the Microeconomics of Competitiveness framework.
Topics covered include
- National competitiveness
- Regional competitiveness
- Urban and sub-urban competitiveness
- Economic development and economic theory of growth
- Aggregate economics
- Economic geography
- Policies for clusters
- Agglomerate versus clusters tension
- Microeconomics of competitiveness
- Economic complexity and integrated economic systems
- Economic policy for regional development
The objective of IJC is to advance the trans-disciplinary nature of competitiveness of nations, regions and cities. The journal aspires to broaden the debate of competitiveness at a sub-national, national and international level, while bringing together researchers from diverse geographies to share their insights about competitiveness policy and research. Insights from people across diverse disciplines on issues of importance will be integrated to better facilitate the ease of doing business and boost competitiveness.
Professionals, academics, researchers, managers, policy makers and advisors, public servants and government officials.
IJC publishes papers that are able to show how competitiveness relates to a number of disciplines capable of building both macro and micro economic reflections. It promotes a pragmatic and easy-to-read jargon-free style, and encourages papers that develop frameworks and discover the impact of policy on the definition of processes that nurture the nexus between business, government and society, seen through the lens of competitiveness. The journal will also publish rigorously selected case studies, qualitative, quantitative and mixed methodology papers, across the spectrum of competitiveness and policy advising for clusters.
Editor in Chief
- Esposito, Mark, Harvard University, USA
- Tse, Terence, ESCP Europe, UK
- Kapoor, Amit, Institute for Competitiveness and Council for Competitiveness, India
- Bobel, Ingo, International University of Monaco, Monaco
- Soufani, Khaled, University of Cambridge, UK
- Vecchi, Veronica, Bocconi University, Italy
Regional Editor Africa
- Adegbesan, Tunji, Lagos Business School, Nigeria
Regional Editor Asia
- Kuah, Adrian, James Cook University, Singapore
Regional Editor Europe
- O'Sullivan, Patrick, Grenoble School of Management, France
Regional Editor Americas
- Ramirez, Jorge Vallejo, Harvard Business School, USA
- Srinivasan, Priya, , France
Editorial Board Members
- Alberti, Fernando G., LIUC Università Cattaneo, Italy
- Caselli, Stefano, Universita' Bocconi, Italy
- Cateura, Olivier, TENERRDIS Energy Cluster, France
- Chailan, Claude, École de Management Strasbourg, France
- Coletti, Michele, Grenoble School of Management, France
- Collazzo, Pablo, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
- Di Serio, Luiz C., Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV), Brazil
- Doyle, Eleanor, University College Cork, Ireland
- Goyal, Sandeep, Institute for Competitiveness, India
- Grasso, Filippo, University of Messina, Italy
- Groth, Olaf, Hult International Business School and University of California Berkeley, USA
- Korchagina, Nataliya, University of Toronto, Canada
- Martin, Eric Christopher, Bucknell University, USA
- Min, Maung K., Penn State University Lehigh Valley, USA
- Pizzurno, Emanuele, LIUC Università Cattaneo, Italy
- Prado, Julio-Jose, IDE Business School, Ecuador
- Rattalino, Francesco, ESCP Europe, Italy
- Reve, Torger, BI Norwegian Business School, Norway
- Selim, Tarek H., American University in Cairo, Egypt
- Sergi, Bruno S., University of Messina, Italy
- Triki, Leila, Mediterranean School of Business, Tunisia
- Van Eenennaam, Fred, Erasmus University, Netherlands
- Wang, Yong, University of Wolverhampton, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.