International Journal of Big Data Intelligence
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Big data is a rapidly expanding research area spanning the fields of computer science and information management, and has become a ubiquitous term in understanding and solving complex problems in different disciplinary fields such as engineering, applied mathematics, medicine, computational biology, healthcare, social networks, finance, business, government, education, transportation and telecommunications. IJBDI provides a vehicle for disseminating the latest research in big data research, development and applications.
Topics covered include
- The five Vs of the data landscape: volume, variety, velocity, veracity, value
- Big data science and foundations, analytics, visualisation and semantics
- Software and tools for big data management
- Security, privacy and legal issues specific to big data
- Big data economy, QoS and business models
- Artificial Intelligence and scientific discovery
- Software, hardware and algorithm co-design, high-performance computing
- Large-scale recommendation systems and graph analysis
- Algorithms, experiments, prototyping and implementation
- Data-driven innovation, computational modelling and data integration
- Data-intensive computing theorems and technologies
- Modelling, simulation and performance evaluation
- Hardware and infrastructure, green data centres/environmental-friendly perspectives
- Computing, scheduling and resource management for sustainability
- Complex applications in areas where massive data is generated
The objectives of IJBDI are provide cross-disciplinary innovative research ideas and applications results for big data including novel theory, algorithms and applications. It also aims to promote and establish an effective channel of communication between industries, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complexity of big data.
IJBDI provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers, scientists, engineers, educators, and policy makers, working in the field of data science and management to demonstrate and explore current advances in all aspects of big data intelligence.
IJBDI publishes high-quality original research papers in any aspect of big data with emphasis on 5Vs (volume, variety, velocity, veracity and value), big data science and foundations, big data infrastructure, big data management, big data intelligence, big data privacy/security and big data applications. IJBDI also welcomes significant work-in-progress papers, review papers and cases studies. Special Issues devoted to emerging topics in big data intelligence will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Balaji, Pavan, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Buyya, Rajkumar, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Cerin, Christophe, University of Paris 13, France
- Chan, Wing-Kwong, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chang, Rong N., IBM, USA
- Chen, Jinjun, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Demchenko, Yuri, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Di Martino, Beniamino, Unversità della Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli", Italy
- Gao, Xiao-Zhi, University of Eastern Finland, Finland
- Hacker, Thomas J., Purdue University, USA
- Hsiao, Hung Chang, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Hsu, D. Frank, Fordham University, USA
- Hu, Wei, Nanjing University, China
- Huang, Jun, Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- Huang, Runhe, Hosei University, Japan
- Hung, Patrick, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Javadi, Bahman, Western Sydney University, Australia
- Jiang, Chunxiao, Tsinghua University, China
- Jiang, Hai, Arkansas State University, USA
- Jin, Hai, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Kim, Jinoh, Texas A&M University, USA
- Kuo, Alex Mu-Hsing, University of Victoria, Canada
- Lee, Che-Rung, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Lei, Hui, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, USA
- Leung, Victor, The University of British Columbia, Canada
- Li, Keqin, State University of New York at New Paltz, USA
- Li, Keqiu, Tianjin University, China
- Mahanti, Prabhat K., University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Malyskin, Victor, Institute of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Geophysics, RAS, Russian Federation
- Manogaran, Gunasekaran, University of California, USA
- Mao, Ying, Fordham University, USA
- Orciuoli, Francesco, Università di Salerno, Italy
- Pu, Calton, Georgia Tech, USA
- Raghavan, Vijay, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA
- Ranka, Sanjay, University of Florida, USA
- Talia, Domenico, Università della Calabria, Italy
- Tsai, Jeffrey, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- Twala, Bhekisipho, Durban University of Technology, South Africa
- Veiga, Luis, Instituto Superior Técnico and INESC-ID Lisboa, Portugal
- Wachowicz, Monica, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Wang, Cho-Li, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Wang, Honggang, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, USA
- Wang, Shangguang, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- Wang, Yufeng, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- Wlodarczyk, Tomasz Wiktor, University of Stavanger, Norway
- Wu, Jinsong, Alcatel-Lucent, China
- Xia, Feng, Dalian University of Technology, China
- Xiang, Yang, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, Australia
- Yang, Chu-Sing, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Yang, Yuanyuan, Stony Brook University, USA
- Yu, Philip S., University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- Yu, Shui, Deakin University, Australia
- Zhang, Daqiang, Tongji University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.