International Journal of Big Data Intelligence
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Ching-Hsien Hsu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Big data is a rapidly expanding research area spanning the fields of computer science and information management, and has become a ubiquitous term in understanding and solving complex problems in different disciplinary fields such as engineering, applied mathematics, medicine, computational biology, healthcare, social networks, finance, business, government, education, transportation and telecommunications. IJBDI provides a vehicle for disseminating the latest research in big data research, development and applications.
Topics covered include
- The five Vs of the data landscape: volume, variety, velocity, veracity, value
- Big data science and foundations, analytics, visualisation and semantics
- Software and tools for big data management
- Security, privacy and legal issues specific to big data
- Big data economy, QoS and business models
- Artificial Intelligence and scientific discovery
- Software, hardware and algorithm co-design, high-performance computing
- Large-scale recommendation systems and graph analysis
- Algorithms, experiments, prototyping and implementation
- Data-driven innovation, computational modelling and data integration
- Data-intensive computing theorems and technologies
- Modelling, simulation and performance evaluation
- Hardware and infrastructure, green data centres/environmental-friendly perspectives
- Computing, scheduling and resource management for sustainability
- Complex applications in areas where massive data is generated
The objectives of IJBDI are provide cross-disciplinary innovative research ideas and applications results for big data including novel theory, algorithms and applications. It also aims to promote and establish an effective channel of communication between industries, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complexity of big data.
IJBDI provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers, scientists, engineers, educators, and policy makers, working in the field of data science and management to demonstrate and explore current advances in all aspects of big data intelligence.
IJBDI publishes high-quality original research papers in any aspect of big data with emphasis on 5Vs (volume, variety, velocity, veracity and value), big data science and foundations, big data infrastructure, big data management, big data intelligence, big data privacy/security and big data applications. IJBDI also welcomes significant work-in-progress papers, review papers and cases studies. Special Issues devoted to emerging topics in big data intelligence will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Hsu, Ching-Hsien, Asia University, Taiwan
- Abawajy, Jemal, Deakin University, Australia
- Bessis, Nik, University of Derby, UK
- Cerin, Christophe, University of Paris 13, France
- Hacker, Thomas J., Purdue University, USA
- Hsiao, Hung Chang, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Hsu, D. Frank, Fordham University, USA
- Hung, Patrick, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Jin, Hai, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Leung, Victor, The University of British Columbia, Canada
- Li, Keqin, State University of New York at New Paltz, USA
- Lin, Grace, Institute for Information Industry, Taiwan
- Paprzycki, Marcin, Systems Research Institute, Poland
- Trovati, Marcello, University of Derby, UK
- Xiang, Yang, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, Australia
- Balaji, Pavan, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Chen, Jinjun, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Di Martino, Beniamino, Universita' della Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli", Italy
- Twala, Bhekisipho, Durban University of Technology, South Africa
- Wang, Cho-Li, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Buyya, Rajkumar, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Chan, Wing-Kwong, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chang, Rong N., IBM, USA
- Lei, Hui, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, USA
- Raghavan, Vijay, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA
- Ranka, Sanjay, University of Florida, USA
- Talia, Domenico, Università della Calabria, Italy
- Tsai, Jeffrey, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- Yang, Hongji, Bath Spa University, UK
- Yang, Yuanyuan, Stony Brook University, USA
- Yu, Philip S., University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- Zomaya, Albert, University of Sydney, Australia
Editorial Board Members
- Al-Masri, Eyhab, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Alavi, Amir H., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Apduhan, Bernady O., Kyushu Sangyo University, Japan
- Demchenko, Yuri, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Gupta, Brij B., National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, India
- Hu, Wei, Nanjing University, China
- Huang, Jun, Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- Huang, Runhe, Hosei University, Japan
- Javadi, Bahman, Western Sydney University, Australia
- Jiang, Chunxiao, Tsinghua University, China
- Jiang, Hai, Arkansas State University, USA
- Kuo, Alex Mu-Hsing, University of Victoria, Canada
- Lee, Che-Rung, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Li, Keqiu, Tianjin University, China
- Mahanti, Prabhat K., University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Malyskin, Victor, Institute of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Geophysics, RAS, Russian Federation
- Marozzo, Fabrizio, University of Calabria, Italy
- Sotiriadis, Stelios, University of Toronto, Canada
- Veiga, Luis, Instituto Superior Técnico and INESC-ID Lisboa, Portugal
- Wachowicz, Monica, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Wang, Honggang, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, USA
- Wang, Shangguang, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- Wang, Yufeng, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- Wlodarczyk, Tomasz Wiktor, University of Stavanger, Norway
- Wu, Jinsong, Alcatel-Lucent, China
- Xia, Feng, Dalian University of Technology, China
- Yang, Chu-Sing, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Yu, Shui, Deakin University, Australia
- Zhang, Daqiang, Tongji University, China
- Zhu, Hong, Oxford Brookes University, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Fixing fake facts
23 July, 2019
In the era of so-called "Fake News" can good old-fashioned journalistic fact-checking be automated in order to reduce its detrimental impact on society, politics, and civilization in general? Writing in the International Journal of Big Data Intelligence, a team from Senegal, hope to answer that question. It is worth pointing out that propaganda and misinformation have always existed and have been exploited to pursue a political or other agenda since humanity first communicated [...]More details...