International Journal of Autonomous and Adaptive Communications Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Athanasios Vasilakos
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJAACS addresses foundational, engineering and technological aspects of communications systems exhibiting emergent/adaptive behaviour, based on sound theoretical models such as bio-inspired, natural computing, game theory and economic models. IJAACS spans complexity, self-adaptation, autonomic communication, ambient intelligence, multi-agent systems. Many current communication systems/infrastructures are decentralised, pervasive and composed of a large number of autonomous entities, with adaptation a key feature of the system's behaviour. Such systems also involve a social dimension, characteristics similar to those in self-organising systems seen in nature.
Topics covered include
- Computer networks, internet computing
- Multi-agent systems, self-organising ad hoc and sensor networks
- Autonomic communication systems, AC approaches in enterprise environments
- Security, trust and survivability
- Ambient intelligence (AmI), adaptive nanomachines/nanorobotics
- Pervasive, ubiquitous, mobile and wireless communication networks
- Web services, multimedia networking
- Emergent behaviour in grid and peer-to-peer communication systems
- Swarm intelligence and ant-based algorithms
- Bio-inspired computing
- Computational intelligence: evolutionary algorithms, neural networks, fuzzy/chaotic systems
- Natural computing (molecular computing and quantum computing)
- Smart materials and emergent behaviour, nonlinear dynamical systems
- Game theory and economic models
- Applications in biological, molecular, chemical and social networks
ObjectivesThe objectives of IJAACS are to address research being undertaken by an interdisciplinary research computing community - and to provide a common platform under which this work can be published and disseminated. It will lead to the emergence of the desired global result: intelligent communication systems. IJAACS provides a high-quality platform for this purpose.
- Professors and graduate students in telecommunications, computer science, information technology, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, mathematics, biology, chemistry, social sciences, in universities, colleges, and research laboratories
- Researchers, engineers and managers in industry
IJAACS will publish research contributions that significantly advance the state-of-the-art research in this area. Articles reporting the practical applications of different theoretical approaches will be of particular interest to IJAACS. Good quality survey articles will also be of interest to the journal.
IJAACS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJAACS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Vasilakos, Athanasios, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden
- Chen, Jen-Yeu, National Dong Hwa University, Taiwan
- Wan, Jiafu, South China University of Technology, China
- Wang, Guojun, Guangzhou University, China
- Xia, Zhihua, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, China
Editorial Board Members
- Acampora, Giovanni, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Arabnia, Hamid R., University of Georgia, USA
- Boutaba, Raouf, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Buyya, Rajkumar, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Chen, Hsiao-Hwa, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Chen, Jiming, Zhejiang University, China
- Chen, Min, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Chen, Yuh-Shyan, National Taipei University, Taiwan
- Chiang, Mung, Princeton University, USA
- Das, Swagatam, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), India
- De Pellegrini, Francesco, CREATE-NET, Italy
- Dobson, Simon, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Fan, Pingyi, Tsinghua University, China
- Gao, Xiao-Zhi, University of Eastern Finland, Finland
- Giordano, Silvia, SUPSI-DTI, Switzerland
- Gross, Tom, University of Bamberg, Germany
- Guizani, Mohsen, University of Idaho, USA
- Habib, Ibrahim, City University of New York, USA
- Hariri, Salim, University of Arizona, USA
- Imran, Muhammad, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- König, Andreas, TU Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Kannan, Rajgopal, Louisiana State University, USA
- Kephart, Jeffrey O., IBM T. J. Watson Research Laboratory, USA
- Kim, Jan T, University of East Anglia, UK
- MacKenzie, Allen B., Virginia Tech, USA
- Mouftah, Hussein, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Nijholt, Anton, University of Twente, Netherlands
- Olariu, Stephan, Old Dominion University, USA
- Palomar, Daniel P., Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Papagiannaki, Konstantina, Intel Research Pittsburgh CM2, USA
- Parashar, Manish, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA
- Passarella, Andrea, National Research Council (CNR), Italy
- Psounis, Konstantinos, University of Southern California, USA
- Ramanathan, Parameswaran (Parmesh), University of Wisconsin, USA
- Rana, Omer F., Cardiff University, UK
- Shenker, Scott, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Shu, Lei, Guangdong University of Petrochemical Technology, China
- Stojmenovic, Ivan, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Strassner, John, Motorola Labs, USA
- Ullah, Sana, Polytechnic Institute of Porto, Portugal
- Wang, Xinbing, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China
- Xiong, Neal Naixue, Colorado Technical University, USA
- Xu, Wenyuan, University of South Carolina, USA
- Yu, Shui, Deakin University, Australia
- Zambonelli, Franco, Universitá di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Zhang, Hui, Tsinghua University, China
- Zhang, Yin, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Zheng, Jun, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Zhou, Liang, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
28 November, 2019
A statistical approach could be used to allow a communication system to carry out self-optimisation, according to research published in the International Journal of Autonomous and Adaptive Communications Systems [...]More details...