- Virtual reality in science/engineering analysis
- Virtual reality technology/software, software engineering
- Assessment of virtual reality systems
- Virtual environments and multimedia systems, advancements
- Virtual reality/multimedia-based training/education
- Virtual collaborative environments, virtual prototyping
- Human-machine interface design, graphics modelling, rendering/animation
- Image/graphics techniques/systems
- Autonomous virtual humans
- Cultural heritage, philosophical/ethical/societal/international issues, standards
- Ergonomic/interface/cognitive issues, haptics
- Immersion studies
- Graphics user interface, visualisation, augmented reality
- Multimedia techniques, simulations, games
- Applications and case studies
More on this journal...
The purpose of IJVTM is to disseminate technical information through quarterly publications of permanent interest, as well as innovations in the area of virtual technology and multimedia systems applied to science, medicine and engineering.
The readership to benefit most from IJVTM includes engineers, designers, ergonomists, systems engineers, software developers, computer scientists, medical researchers and practitioners, students, educators and members of the general science community.
IJVTM encourages papers in all areas of virtual reality technology and multimedia systems. The specific topic areas of IJVTM are interdisciplinary scientific and technological areas integrating science, engineering, information science and technology, and medicine. IJVTM publishes papers related to the underlying theory, design, implementation, effectiveness and impact of virtual technology and multimedia systems in science and engineering. It invites leading virtual reality and multimedia technology researchers and practitioners to submit high quality research papers, application briefs, technology and software reviews and technical notes. State-of-the-art review articles, case studies, short communications and letters from a wide variety of sources dealing with all aspects of the subject may also be included.
More on permissions
IJVTM is indexed in:
IJVTM is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Avis, Nick, Cardiff University, UK
- Durresi, Arjan, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Bagnara, Sebastiano, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- De Antonio, Angelica, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
- Douglas, Ian, Learning Systems Institute, USA
- Hollnagel, Erik, University of Linköping, Sweden
- Jain, Raj, Nayna Networks, Inc., USA
- Kamel, Ibrahim, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Kankanhalli, Mohan S., National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Lindgaard, Gitte, , Canada
- Reddy, J.N., Texas A&M University, USA
- Roccetti, Marco, University of Bologna, Italy
- Serra, Jean, Ecole des Mines de Paris, France
- Stanton, Neville, Brunel University, UK
- Tachi, Susumu, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Taniar, David, Monash University, Australia
- Trappl, Robert, Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence (OFAI), Austria
- Wohn, KwangYun, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.