| Editor in Chief: Prof. M.R. Riazi |
ISSN online: 1753-3317
ISSN print: 1753-3309
12 issues per year
Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2015: 0.464 (5-Year Impact Factor: 0.431)
[78/88 in Energy & Fuels, Q4]
[115/135 in Engineering, Chemical, Q4]
[13/20 in Engineering, Petroleum, Q3]
IJOGCT is a multidisciplinary refereed journal that is concerned with exploration, production, processing and refining, storage and transportation, economical, managerial, business, environmental, safety and security issues related to oil, natural gas, coal and petrochemicals as well as manufacturing and refining of biofuels.
- Exploration, geological studies, reserves estimation
- Production/recovery methods, drilling technology, subsea engineering
- Production rates, forecasting future demand
- Heavy oil, oil sand/shale recovery/processing, oil/gas field processing
- Petroleum refining, coal liquid/hydrogen production, petrochemical industry
- Ultra low sulphur fuels, LNG, CNG and LPG, natural gas processing
- Gasoline from natural gas/coal liquid, biorefining, biofuels
- Nano/biotechnology, computerisation/automation, modelling/simulation
- Refinery process optimisation, management of refining industry, major oil companies
- Fuel quality/specifications, storage, transportation
- Environmental issues, carbon management, sequestration, storage
- Oil spill occurrence, monitoring, clean up methods, contingency plans
- Fuel prices, future market fluctuations, forecasting, safety/security
- Business/international trade regulations, political/governmental/economic issues
- Biofuels vs fossil fuels; future technology, business
More on this journal...
Oil, natural gas and coal are the main forms of fossil hydrocarbon type fuels that contribute to more than 80% of world energy consumption and it seems that at least throughout the most of this century they will remain as the main sources of energy. With increase in demand of energy, economical production of clean and high quality fuels from available resources is desirable more than ever before. In addition, biofuels are a promising future fuel and will play an important role in providing energy when fossil fuel production cannot match the world demand. The objective of IJOGCT is to provide a single reference that addresses all issues related to fossil type fuels and their derived products especially with regard to environmental and economical constraints as well as biofuels.Readership
IJOGCT provides a unique resource to professionals, academics, researchers, and managers working in the fields of petroleum oil, natural gas and coal and biofuel industries, businesses and management from all over the world.Contents
IJOGCT publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, industrial reports, management reports, book reviews, research notes, and news. Special issues to important topics related to oil, gas and coal technology and related industries, biofuels, businesses and policies will be published.
More on permissions
IJOGCT is indexed in:
IJOGCT is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Riazi, M.R., Kuwait University, Kuwait
Editorial Board Members
- Artun, Emre, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Cai, Jianchao, China University of Geosciences at Wuhan, China
- Chen, Zhongwei, University of Queensland, Australia
- Chiaramonti, David, University of Florence, Italy
- Daigle, Hugh, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Daramola, Michael O., University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Fabiano, Bruno, DICheP - Dipartimento di Ingegneria Chimica e di Processo "G.B. Bonino", Italy
- Karpuz, Celal, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Kelessidis, Vassilios, The Petroleum Institute, United Arab Emirates
- Kodera, Yoichi, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan
- Lapa, Nuno, New University of Lisboa - UNL, Portugal
- Lee, Kun Sang, Hanyang University, South Korea
- Li, Huazhou, University of Alberta, Canada
- Liu, Gang, China University of Geosciences, China
- Lu, Jing, The Petroleum Institute, United Arab Emirates
- Mochida, Isao, Kyushu University, Japan
- Mohaghegh, Shahab D., West Virginia University, USA
- Ozbayoglu, Evren M., University of Tulsa, USA
- Piller, Marzio, University of Trieste, Italy
- Rana, Mohan S., Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR), Kuwait
- Romero-Zeron, Laura, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Saikia, Binoy K., CSIR-NEIST, India
- Trivedi, Japan, University of Alberta, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.