- Medical image and signal analysis
- Volumetric image analysis
- Data mining of biological databases
- Image indexing
- Image clustering
- Biomedical information retrieval
- Biomedical information extraction
- Relation extraction in biological databases
- Content-based image retrieval and image mining
- Semantic-based image mining
- Image mining in medical and healthcare informatics
- Pattern recognition techniques in the image mining environment
- Image models, representations and features
- Image databases
- Image knowledge bases
More on this journal...
The objective of IJIM is to establish an effective communication channel between researchers, developers and professionals from both academia and the industry so that they can report the latest scientific and theoretical advances in image mining and its applications. It also aims to reveal useful information to specialists, allowing them to extract implicit knowledge, uncover new relationships and the like which are not explicitly expressed in images. This information can be used to make prognoses and to then anticipate human or system behaviours. Developments in this field will help to intensify interdisciplinary discovery.
IJIM provides a vehicle to help professionals, engineers, academics and researchers working in the field of computer science and biomedical engineering to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJIM publishes high-quality original papers, review articles and technical reports. Conference papers may be accepted if they are substantially extended. Special issues devoted to important topics in image mining will also occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJIM is indexed in:
IJIM is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Kar‚a, Wahiba Ben Abdessalem, Taif University, Saudi Arabia
- Dey, Nilanjan, Techno India College of Technology, India
Regional Editor Africa
- Hassanien, Aboul Ella, Cairo University, Egypt
Regional Editor Middle East
- Azar, Ahmad Taher, Benha University, Egypt
Editorial Board Members
- Ashour, Amira Salah, Tanta University, Egypt
- Azizi, Nabiha, Badji Mokhtar University of Annaba, Algeria
- Balas Timar, Dana, Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Romania
- Ben Ghezala, Henda Hajjami, Universit de la Manouba, Tunisia
- Bhateja, Vikrant, Shri Ramswaroop Memorial Group of Professional Colleges (SRMGPC), India
- Bhatnagar, Vishal, Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies and Research, India
- Bouaynaya, Nidhal, Rowan University Glassboro, USA
- Bourouis, Sami, Taif University, Saudi Arabia
- Chaudhuri, Sheli Sinha, Jadavpur University, India
- Costin, Mihaela, Romanian Academy, Romania
- Da Fonseca, Josť Manuel Matos Ribeiro, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- De Marsico, Maria, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Eswaran, Sumathy, Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute University, India
- Eto, Hajime, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Garzillo, Carmine, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Guevara Lopez, Miguel Angel, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Hamdi, Mohamed Ali, National Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology (INSAT), Tunisia
- Hong, Wei-Chiang Samuelson, Nanjing Tech University, China
- Hu, Jinyu (Jenny), Stanford University, USA
- Iam-On, Natthakan, Mae Fah Luang University, Thailand
- Kotyk, Taras, Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, Ukraine
- Kwasnicka, Halina, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
- Lazakidou, Athina, University of Peloponnese, Greece
- Nakamatsu, Kazumi, University of Hyogo, Japan
- Obaidullah, Sk Md, Aliah University, India
- Saha, Snehanshu, PES Institute of Technology, India
- Salem, Mohammed Abdel-Megeed M., Ain Shams University, Egypt
- Sangaiah, Arun Kumar, VIT University, India
- Satapathy, Suresh Chandra, PVP Siddhartha Institute of Technology, India
- Semwal, Vijay Bhaskar, NIT Jamshepur, India
- Sifaki-Pistolla, Dimitra, University of Crete, Greece
- Trichili, Hanene, Telecom Bretagne, France
- Tsihrintzis, George A., University of Piraeus, Greece
- Virmani, Jitendra, CSIR-CSIO, India
- Yang, Xin-She, Middlesex University, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF)†is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.